When it comes to spring break our girls are in year round school so they are out of school for an entire month. Which means that not only do I have to keep their little minds and bodies busy but it also means that I have to plan meals and snacks accordingly. Working full time I don’t have a lot of time to meal plan and I often go grocery shopping late at night after work. So I like to keep things simple and healthy but also keep things fun!
Living close to the beach here in Orange County, California we do get to spend a lot of time in the sand. One thing I do know about the beach is that my kids are always very sandy and they’re usually very busy. I feel like when we are busy at the beach or girls don’t eat full meals they’re more into snacking throughout the day.
10 Simple Kids Snacks for Spring Break Trips to the Beach
- Fresh Fruit – Fresh fruit like apples, grapes, small tangerines and bananas are perfect for a day at the beach.
- Trail Mix – Make your own beach trail mix with Goldfish crackers, fried fruits and your favorite variety of nuts.
- Simple Sandwiches – My favorite summer memories are eating sandwiches in the sun with my sister. I can still remember the smell of the spring air as we sat and ate our peanut butter and jelly.
- Pretzels, Carrots and Hummus – My kids love this snack anytime actually. We take a small cooler and put in small containers of hummus. I make individual bags with carrots to keep them safe from the sand. This is one of our girl’s favorite snacks on the go!
- Watermelon Wedges – Cut them into wedges and out them in a large container in a cooler. This is a deliciously sweet snack everyone enjoys time and time again!
- Lettuce Turkey Wraps – Butter lettuce is one of our family favorites, wrap some turkey and cheese I a wrap and store inside your beach cooler for the most delicious handheld snack.
- Cucumber Slices – Cucumber is cool and delicious especially on a hot day. We like to have cucumber all sliced up and ready to enjoy!
- Snack Tackle Boxes – Small storage containers with compartments make for the perfect easy snack tackle boxes. We place in chips, nuts, seeds and dried fruit and these are a handheld snack that are perfect for road trips to the beach.
- Street Tacos On The Go – This is one of my favorite things that my husband will do. He will take everything we need for simple street tacos and we can literally enjoy these in the sand anywhere.
- Frozen Yogurt Tubes– Another favorite hack for packing for the beach is to freeze or kiddos favorite yogurt tubes. This helps keep everything in our beach cooler cold but they’re also a delicious frozen treat to enjoy in the hot sun.
The best thing about the beach is that it provides endless amount of free time to explore and play. It’s free too which means that we can spend an entire day outside enjoying time as a family and it doesn’t even cost us anything to do it. This spring break as you head to the beach with your family remember how helpful it is for everyone if you just prepare a little in advance.