We took a fun trip up to Universal City in Los Angeles, CA to check out what is new in 2018. He had Universal Express, which allowed us express access, almost immediate boarding of each ride one time throughout the day. This allowed us to enjoy the day and have fun on ever ride.
Universal Studios Hollywood is such a fun place for the whole family. With so many lands from our family favorites, we just enjoy looking and exploring. From the New Harry Potter land, to Jurrasic Park, Transformers Base, Grus House, just so many Movies and shows are brought to life! We had fun walking around in Springfield from the Simpsons! They had so many places from the cartoon including Duff Brewery, Mos Tavern, The Kwik-E Mart, Lard Lad Donuts, and many more.
This year is all about Ku Fu Panda. With the Dreamworks Theater and Universal Plaza bringing Kung Fu Panda and the movie to life. Check out the plaza for characters and Mr. Pings actual Noodle Shop.We had a chance to meet and talk with Mr. Ping himself, which the kids thought was so cool.
It was a fun day and the kids cant wait to go back.
New Attractions, food, and fun at Universal Studios Hollywood 2018:
DreamWorks Threatre Featuring “Kung Fu Panda”
- This is a fun 4D theater experience, where not only does the seats, air, sound and picture come to life, but the whole theater become immersed in a cosmic world. The walls look like they are torn off, it is simply stunning!
- Characters at Universal Plaza – Check out the middle plaza at Universal Studios and meet Po and Tigress. Also, fun is a life-sized replica of Mr. Pings Noodle Shop with Mr. Ping interacting with us himself! Also included is Asian inspired foods and hot and cold beverages.
“The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”
- We haven’t had a chance to visit this new land since opening, but finally had our chance to make our way around. Truly amazing at how much they brought the movie and world to life! Experience the “Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” with a stunning light show projected onto the casting and surrounding areas. It is topped with huge beaming lights into space and just a fun light show spectacle in Los Angeles!
- Other fun Harry Potter village fun includes new wand Magic experiences. Pick up your own replica wand from the movie and have fun casting spells around Hogwarts village. This summer includes the Incendio fire-making spells and the Alohomora unlocking spell with 15 experiences to fund and complete. Also available is new wizard wear available at Gladrags Wizardwear.
- Three Broomsticks resturant has expanded their menu and now includes Butterbeer Ice Cream. Also included is traditional British inspired foods: Ploughmans Lunch, Cheese Toastie w/ Chicken and a Sunday Roast Sandwich. We enjoyed eating here as it provided indoor seating and felt like we were in the movie, truly amazing the building details.
“Jurrasic Park – The Ride”
- This iconic ride will soon be closing on September 3, 2018 and reopen as “Jurassic World Ride” in 2019. Travel Through the Jurassic Park that started it all. We had a take a final trip!
Blue at the “Raptor Encounter”
- This exhibit was a lot of fun for the kids. Blue, one of the favorite dinosaurs from Jurassic World is brought to life in this real encounter. The kids had fun and it gave them a sense of how big a dinosaur could be, as these are smaller of the species. The detail made Blu seem so alive everyone really seemed to stand back. Its was great!
Here is our video with many of the above listed features including a walkthrough of Universal City Walk. Last time visiting the City Walk was under construction, so now seeing it completed was awesome. So many great signs, shops and restaurant. Fun for the West Los Angeles area.
- Universal City Walk Hollywood Walkthrough into Park
- Dreamworks Kung Fu Panda Intro
- Mr. Pings Noodle Shop with Live Mr. Ping Interaction
- Visit with Margo, Edith, and Agnes from Despicable Me
- Ollivanders Wand Training & Wand Shopping
- Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
- Complete Ride at Night on Jurassic Park Ride