After School Snack Bar Ideas

“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Snyder’s-Lance Inc, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Pop4Spirit  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

I started a new full time job recently. While I have been working a lot it has left me really missing my girls. I was always the mom who stayed home with my girls so it’s been quite the adjustment. As we head back to school this week I really wanted to have some after school fun. With “Spirit Riding Free” Season 6 on Netflix August 17th we’re currently streaming the new episodes. One of the things I like to do is let my girls come home from school and I let them watch a show and have a snack. Then we do homework and start our nightly routine but it’s a fun way to cool down and relax from the day. These activity pages are also another fun way to have some additional fun.

movie time wit my girlsWe like to shop at our local Walmart store for family sized snacks. At Walmart I can stock up on one of my girls favorite snacks, the Pop Secret Family Size 12 Pack. Popcorn is one of those things that are easy to snack on and to make it extra fun we let our girls mix in some small extras.

With Spirit Riding Free” Season 6 now streaming on Netflix I wanted to make coming home after school extra fun this week with this fun after school snack bar idea.

after school snack bar idea for kids

We actually moved this summer so my girls can very much relate to the show. It’s nice to see girls that also look like them doing the things they like doing and standing up for themselves. That’s what I liked so much about watching this show with my girls. It’s one that even I don’t mind watching with them.

About Spirit Riding Free –

The series Spirit Riding Free is set in the 19th century  in Texas. It features a 12 year old named Lucky who recently moved to the town from the city. Lucky bonds with a stallion named Spirit and together they make friends with other girls who own horses. Together the trip embark on fun new adventures and it’s a series that our girls quickly started to enjoy. Now it’s a favorite at our house.

If you want something fun to do after school or during a girl movie night check out these fun free “Spirit Riding Free” activities to do with your girls.

Pop Secret is one of those fun snack that allows our family to come together. It’s a high quality snack that I can easily enjoy with my family on movie nights or even after school. That’s why we like to stock up on the family size packs. Pop Secret also has that great butter taste and it’s my girls favorite!

girls with pop secret popcorn Right now as you head back to school what are some simple ways that you take the time to connect with your kids? Is it something as simple as watching an episode of your favorite Netflix series, or even playing a game at the park?

Learn more about “Spirit Riding Free” and watch trailers and more on the Spirit Riding Free Youtube Channel

girls movie night

What are your favorite after school snacks for kids?

1. Jaclyn Anne on August 29, 2018 at 5:02 pm

What a smart idea! Great way to provide lots of options during snack time. Also, I love Pop Secret popcorn – so good!

2. Bianca Dottin on August 23, 2018 at 4:19 pm

This is such a fun idea! My daughter would love this so much!

3. Jacquelyn Cannon on August 23, 2018 at 3:53 pm

My two grandsons and I love Pop Secret popcorn when we watch movies together. It’s also a great snack for kids that you can pack in their lunch at school.

4. Dogvills on August 23, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Any kid would be happy to do his/her homework with a snack bar like that beside them. My kids are a little older but are still students so I will have to copy this idea and make a snack bar for them too.

5. Rachel on August 23, 2018 at 7:25 am

This gives me such a good idea for Friday. I want to do something fun after pick up on Friday to celebrate surviving the first week of school.

6. Muna Kenny on August 23, 2018 at 7:04 am

What a great idea for a snack, I like how you chose snacks that are light and won’t ruin the kids’ appetite for dinner!

7. Janeane Davis on August 23, 2018 at 5:56 am

I run an after school program for kids. This snack bsr would be a nice treat for the kids.

8. brianne on August 23, 2018 at 5:43 am

What a great idea! My kiddies love popcorn too. Pop Secret makes the perfect after school snacks!

9. Sherry on August 22, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Popcorn never lasts long in our house. Everyone loves it for a snack. I don’t have any specific snack item for after school. My teenager tends to help himself.

10. Sarah on August 22, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Great snack ideas! I love having popcorn on hand for the kids. It’s a great snack and it’s affordable to stay stocked up on.

11. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on August 22, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Gee thanks, now you are making me want popcorn. I do not have littles, but popcorn always reminds me of my cubicle days, there was always someone making popcorn. And popcorn is like a yawn, the moment one person does it, we all end up doing it! 🙂

12. Aubrey on August 22, 2018 at 9:22 pm

I love popcorn. My son eats it all day every day. I get kind of upset, but then I think, hey its cheap and there are worse things he could eat.

13. Heather on August 22, 2018 at 9:04 pm

We have the same after-school routine. My kids need a brain break before starting homework, and a snack totally helps. Popcorn is always a big win! H

14. Cyn Gagen on August 22, 2018 at 8:00 pm

What a fun idea! I used to do something similar with my daughter using a muffin tin. Her favorite snacks were popcorn and carrots with peanut butter.

15. krystal on August 22, 2018 at 7:23 pm

Yes please! Your photos are beautiful – what a cool way to celebrate after school. We get out at 4pm so we have time for a snack before dinner!

16. Dawn Lopez on August 22, 2018 at 7:06 pm

This is such a fun idea! My family and I love eating Pop Secret. I’m sure when my son was younger he would have loved coming home to a snack bar.

17. Jeni Hawkins on August 22, 2018 at 5:43 pm

That bowl of popcorn + snacks looks soooo yummy! I kind of want to go to school just so I can have that after! lol

18. Amy on August 22, 2018 at 4:18 pm

My kids love Pop Secret too! They also are LOVING this show so much! It is so cute for the kids!

19. Pam on August 22, 2018 at 3:47 pm

We love PopSecret popcorn around here. It’s definitely our go to for movie nights with the family.

20. Jeanine on August 22, 2018 at 3:03 pm

I love the idea of an after school snack bar. I think I will do this. I have 8 kids and 6 are in school so this will for sure be helpful for sure. They all love popcorn too!

21. Shannon Gurnee on August 22, 2018 at 1:34 pm

We love Pop Secret in our home! This sounds like a fun and easy snack for the kids to enjoy!

22. Liz Mays on August 22, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Spirit Riding Free sounds like such a sweet series! I love the snack ideas. It’s nice having some family time to relax and enjoy a show.

23. robin rue on August 22, 2018 at 11:39 am

Great ideas! My kids come off the bus STARVING, so I always have a snack ready for them when they get home.

24. Dana Vento on August 22, 2018 at 10:20 am

That is such a great idea! I love those little “Cup O’ Snacks” you made! Those are awesome!

25. Melissa Chapman on August 22, 2018 at 9:59 am

You show how much your kids mean by getting them the shows they love and the snack to eat while watching. My daughter is older but I have to tell my nieces about this one and try and get together and watch with them.

26. T.M. Brown on August 22, 2018 at 9:03 am

These are great ideas! I love the snack bar you created and that you take the time to watch the show with the girls. Plus – I LOVE POPCORN!!! lol.