This is a sponsored post with Kidde. All opinions are our own.
We always want our girls to be fire safe and know what to do in case of an emergency. We live in California where we are very fire aware and have already had our big wildfire of the year. Growing up in California, we not only experienced fires but also earthquakes, so now as parents ourselves we want our girls to know what to do in case of emergency.
It’s also even more important that we prepare every day in small other ways. Replacing fire and carbon monoxide alarms might be something that you need to consider and here are three simple reasons why.
3 Simple Reasons Why It’s Time To Replace Your Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- It’s the Law– Many people don’t realize that California actually passed a law on July 1, 2011, called California Senate Bill 183. It went into effect and made it mandatory for all California homes to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed. Well, flash forward 7 years and those very alarms that were purchased following the law going into effect are going to expire. Your alarm might be expired.
- Ease of Use– Are your alarms easy to reach, how easy it is to check the battery on them, and are they a good quality? Personally, I am a fan of things that are easy to use, and within reach is also nice to have. That’s what I like about Kidde Plug-In Alarms. They are plugged in but also have emergency battery power in case the power goes out.
- Newer Technology– As technology gets newer we always want the next best thing, especially when it comes to home security and safety. Kidde Home Safetyhas everything you need in terms of safety products for your home, including the newest technology in smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
We just moved into a new house and since we are unsure of when the alarms were replaced, we have our own. They easily plug into the wall with a digital display and have a backup battery in case the power ever happens to go out. There are actually quite a few places in your home that you should be aware of when it comes to carbon monoxide. Potential sources include gas furnaces, water heaters, space heaters, clothes dryers, barbecue grills, fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, gas ovens, generators, and car exhaust fumes. We actually have an alarm by our dryer as well as our water heater. You can’t even see the ones in our home. They blend in so easily and provide us a piece of mind.
You can learn more about Kidde Fire Safety on their website. Also buy now and save 20% off with CODE – BEATTHEBEEPCA
Have you checked your alarms recently?
Enter to win a Beat The Beep prize pack that includes two of your very own Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarms!