It’s still cold and flu season here and salt our kids have gotten sick twice this season. It’s so important that as they are little we stress proper hand washing hygiene this time of year.
5 Mom-Tested Hand Washing Tips
- Start Young – Healthy habits start young and even when my little one was first learning to walk. It was especially important as they’re little that they learn these habits.
- Do It With Them – Building healthy habits means showing our kids by leading by example.
- Sing A Song – My girls love to sing and the one way that we we do keep washing or even brushing our teeth is to sing a sing. We sing and laugh and be joyful which makes creating healthy habits fun. It also ensures that they’re washing long enough.
- Play A Game – Fill up the sink with soapy water for little ones or play a game. Turn washing into something fun with bubbles!
- Make Your Own Fun Soaps – Making soap is so simple and easy. We like to make seasonal soaps or add in toys or rewards. Your kids will want to wash their hands!
Using this recipe we made our own soaps for the fun simple kids soaps. Melt and pour soaps are also something you can let your kids help make. They can pick small toys or seasonal items and make the soap extra fun. My kids actually love washing their hands because of this simple soap! If you can make creating new habits fun and engaging for kids they’re more likely to be excited about something. It’s such easier to also get them to build those healthy habits. Kids really are all about having fun so making it fun with simple additions even as simple as foaming hand soap makes a big difference.
How do you get your kids excited about hand washing?