5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized

5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized

This post is sponsored by our friends at Brother. All opinions are my own.

messy girls room

I have three girls all living in a small space. Living here in Orange County, we‘re close to the beach but that also means that we don’t have a whole lot of space. When our girls are not organized it’s felt throughout our entire family. Our morning routines become much more chaotic and so that’s why it’s essential that we stay organized.

5 Ways to help Kids Organize their Bedroom

1. Find A Home Base For Everything! This one is super simple, each thing has a place to call home. If it doesn’t have a home consider donating it.
  2. Rotate It Out! I think it’s a great idea to keep things rotated when it comes to kids. My kids had these big tubs of toys but because we organized them into smaller more manageable storage our girls actually know what they have and can more easily play with those items. This also works well for books, I move books in and out of their book shelf and it’s like they have a new library all because it’s better organized.
  3. Make Them Do It! I know it’s easy to take over and do everything for them but it’s really important that as I am helping them organize their things that they are the ones doing the work. Even my five year old helps out and organizes the smaller toys.
  4. Organize The Bathroom! My girls have a very big selection of hair ties, headbands and bows. There’s nothing that slows down our morning routine quite like not being able to find hair ties, especially when I know that in a house full of girls we should have eleven billion of them. Organizing our bathroom has had its major benefits. Keep it simple with things like floss, hair ties, and accessories in their own small containers so that they’re easy to find.
  5. Use Proper Tools! I’ll admit I’m not the most organized person in the world. I actually need it more than most people so using things like a label maker to make my life easier is a must.

5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized

This weekend I got to test out my brand new  P-touch Cube. I’ve been keeping it out right on my counter because I’m finding more and more ways to easily create labels for our everyday life. I just easily connect to the P-touch Design&Print App via my phone and I can design and print my very own labels. There’s more than 450 symbols, 60+ frames and a variety of fonts which means I can easily personalize any label.

brother p-touch cube label maker
5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized

It really all started last week when my girls couldn’t find any of her reading books after school. I found their book and toy shelf in total disarray. Come to think of it, I probably didn’t do that great of a job organizing things to begin with. But in an effort to make our life less chaotic I’m making changes to organize our small space. I decided to make their book shelf into an area that can be easily changed out as they continue to grow.

5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized In the end they had a well thought out space. We organized all the books into an area for my oldest, my middle kiddo and my youngest who just started to read. We also added small baskets that include their toys. I’m planning on swapping out those smaller baskets with other toys that they have. This will keep their play center exciting and engaging and is an easier way to keep their small space clean and our girls having fun.5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized

We also took the time to organize their bathroom space to make our morning routines easier. We did already have a bin that held all of their hair things. It needed to be better organized so we tackled that.

5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized It turned out so well and now when our girls need a hair tie they’re not digging through a basket to find what they need. They know exactly where it is and it’s making all of our lives a little less chaotic. 5 Simple Tips For Getting Your Kids Organized

You can find  P-touch Cube in stores and online.

Can your kids be better organized?

1. shelly peterson on March 5, 2018 at 6:54 pm

Thanks for the great organization ideas. I love the little labels.

2. Kristina Prewitt on February 24, 2018 at 5:43 pm

I love that the label maker syncs with a phone!

3. Rach Ferrucci on February 24, 2018 at 3:26 pm

I need a P-Touch in my life! I have so many tubs and baskets with everything and I have to open each one to search for what I’m looking for. This would make life easier

4. Jeane Campbell on February 24, 2018 at 10:56 am

As a librarian.. organization is just part of everyday life. As a result, both of my kids and now my grandkids are pretty organized. Yep, baskets are definitely a huge solution. Three grandsons all with Legos!

5. Annemarie LeBlanc on February 24, 2018 at 7:21 am

I need that laberler in my life. Although I don’t have young children anymore, I need to organize my pantry! My son could use it too so he can keep his seashell collection more organized.

6. My Teen Guide on February 24, 2018 at 5:12 am

I need that to label our document folders. It would make it easier for me to look for documents if they are properly labeled as to health insurance, taxes, medical records, etc. That is the part of our home office that really needs organization.

7. Dandi D on February 24, 2018 at 4:50 am

These are great ideas–I wish I could get my children to be more organized!

8. Heather on February 24, 2018 at 12:15 am

I made the mistake of doing it for them and the organization didn’t last. Letting them do it, even if it isn’t my way, makes them so proud!

9. Estelle on February 23, 2018 at 10:01 pm

I love this idea of having a handy label maker around. Maybe it can help me tame the chaos that is my 8 year old daughter’s room.

10. Kristina Prewitt on February 23, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Okay, I need this label maker in my life!! I struggle with organization! I love the idea of rotating toys!

11. Monica on February 23, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Great tips! I need to implement some of these suggestions into my home. My kids’ organization skills leave something to be desired!

12. Theresa on February 23, 2018 at 5:55 pm

Half my time is wasted looking for things. Everything definitely should have a home base. I love the idea of labeling containers to make it easier to find what I’m looking for aw well.

13. Makeba Giles on February 23, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Wonderful tips! Kids can be quite messy, so teaching them to pick up after themselves and being organized will benefit you and them! A label maker and some baskets are great ideas!

14. Colleen on February 23, 2018 at 1:47 pm

I’ve found that we do well with lots of baskets for easy storage and labeling those baskets. Labels keep the kids from having an excuse for just throwing anything anywhere, and it helps me remember what I had in mind. LOL

15. Stacie on February 23, 2018 at 1:44 pm

Label, label, label, and then label some more. I’ve been labeling all of my kids’ stuff for years, and it’s saved me so much time and hassle. I need to give this a look. My old labeler is on its last leg.

16. Sarah B on February 23, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Awesome ideas! My daughter and I are always looking for our hair ties; they end up everywhere. I have most of our bathroom stuff organized into baskets. I like your idea of adding little containers to those baskets. My husband has a label maker and he loves it. It’s great for labeling his office supply drawers.