5 Simple Tips To Keep Chaos Under Control with Kids

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pampers at Sam’s Club. The opinions and text are all mine.

Let’s face it, having kids is one of the best things to ever happen to me. It’s also become one of my biggest stresses as well. Life wasn’t so chaotic when I had my first and second babies. It’s only when baby number three came along that our life got a lot more chaotic. I quickly learned that one tantrum from one of my girls could easily lead to a downward spiral for all of them.

5 Simple Tips To Keep Chaos Under Control with Kids

1. Get Organized – I struggled most with this but it’s one of the most important tips. Whether its toys or after school activity schedules, being organized means less chaos in our day.
  2. Make Them Clean – We started with our girls as toddlers and babies. We made picking up toys a game was fun for our baby early on. It does take longer for kids to clean up after themselves but it’s important that when it comes to cleaning that they do it.
  3. Get Out and Have Fun – It’s important to break up the chaos with a little fun. When kids are inside too much they have a lot of built up energy. One of the things I have learned is that to prevent chaos we allow our kiddos to burn it off. πŸ™‚
  4. Be Consistent – Whether it’s working on baby led weaning or even toddler tantrums, staying constant is key. Praise good behaviors and stay consistent with working on the bad behaviors. It’s also important to have routines like bedtime and nightly reading. This allows your little ones to transition into a calm environment when needed.
  5. Stay Prepared – Some of my biggest stresses are when I am not prepared. Shopping ahead of time and stocking up at Sam’s Club is important. So make sure you’re always stocked up on essentials like diapers and wipes.

Right now, you can get an instant $10 off when you buy 2 Pampers products at Sam’s Club, making it easy to keep your babies comfortable and dry. That’s a great deal and buying in bulk really is one of the best ways to shop for our entire family.

What are your best ways to keep chaos under control in 2018?

1. Faith Daniel on February 5, 2018 at 8:08 am

These are some great tips!

2. Dandi D on January 31, 2018 at 5:04 am

I have three young children, so these are some great tips to remember!

3. Kristina Prewitt on January 26, 2018 at 6:49 pm

My children thrive with consistency; throw them out of the routine and chaos ensues, I also agree that it is very important to give them an outlet for all of that energy (even if it is just an impromptu dance party in the living room)!!

4. Sarah B on January 22, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Yes! Get the kids to clean! At first it took forever for them to clean up. But now, they are so much quicker. Practice makes perfect. My kids also have a ton of energy. I also find that sending them outside helps to decrease that energy quite a bit. Great tips.

5. Sarah L on January 14, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Get everything done the night before. Makes mornings much easier.

6. Sarah on January 12, 2018 at 6:59 am

Great tips! I have four kids so things can get a bit crazy. I find that having a good routine helps for sure.

7. Allison Cooper on January 12, 2018 at 5:10 am

These are really great tips! I agree that stay organized is key and keeping them involved with the cleaning process. We always keep wipes on hand with my 16-month-old and they clean everything in our home!

8. Jenni on January 12, 2018 at 12:46 am

These are really helpful tips. I have 7 and 3-year-old kids and every day is chaos in our house!

9. Toni | Boulder Locavore on January 11, 2018 at 9:54 pm

These are really great tips, especially for new parents! I can still remember when my kids were so small! Every day was chaos!

10. Jennifer on January 11, 2018 at 7:49 pm

These are great tips! Personally, I struggle with consistency. With 3 little ones running around, sometimes it’s just easier not to be consistent…and then it bites me and I regent it later. I’m working on it in 2018, πŸ™‚

11. Cyn Gagen on January 11, 2018 at 7:31 pm

These are really great tips. We sometimes overlook simple ideas like this but if we can stay on top of them, it makes things so much easier.

12. Lisa Bristol on January 11, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Chaos and kids go hand-in-hand. These are great tips for helping to minimize it. Staying on a routine is really important for my kids.

13. Pam on January 11, 2018 at 7:02 pm

These are great tips. Life with kids can be chaotic but following these tips will definitely make it a little easier.

14. Dawn Lopez on January 11, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Scheduling was key for us when we had a young child. It seemed like the day would be wasted unless we had a preplanned schedule for how the day was going to unfold.

15. Sherry on January 11, 2018 at 5:44 pm

These are all great tips. When my kids were young I made clean-up time fun for them.

16. Chelley Martinka on January 11, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Survival from a BTDT mom! Love these! My girls are getting out of this phase, but I don’t think we ever, as parents, don’t need wipes on hand!

17. Sara Welch on January 11, 2018 at 5:33 pm

running them out of energy is always a good idea. Kids who get too pent up are never easy to deal with.

18. Annemarie LeBlanc on January 11, 2018 at 5:18 pm

These are all great tips. I don’t have young children anymore and I could say I survived this phase of raising kids. It was a big challenge when little kids start to get bored. That is when they get into all sorts of trouble and make lots of messes! Keeping their minds busy through imaginative play will help a lot.

19. Rosey on January 11, 2018 at 4:55 pm

It really is important to be consistent when kiddos are involved. I think they crave consistency whether they know (or like it) or not. πŸ™‚

20. Melissa Ann on January 11, 2018 at 11:41 am

Call me crazy, but sometimes, even for a few minutes, I enjoy the chaos! With the exception of tantrums of course! I enjoy the insanity of our kids being overly active. But, to your post: Getting them to help clean can be a fun experience if made into a game!

21. Bill Sweeney on January 11, 2018 at 10:15 am

Oh we definitely need to do these tips! Especially when there’s a snow day, or just when all three of our kiddos are home. Preparation is the main thing I got out of this! We will be prepped next time!

22. Colleen on January 11, 2018 at 9:43 am

Oh, man. Keeping them clean is key! I remember that keeping my kids clean was the biggest battle I had. If I could keep them from being a mess, the rest got a lot easier.

23. Stacie on January 11, 2018 at 9:41 am

These are awesome tips. When you have kids, you can’t get rid of chaos. You can only minimize it. There are great ways to do that.