7 Expert Tips For A Stress Free Christmas Eve

Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.

Christmas Eve is always a big deal at our house. We love to get together as a family and there’s always a lot of people in the house. We eat a delicious dinner and there are plates and plates of cookies and treats all around. My kiddos will tell you Christmas Eve almost feels as magical as Christmas itself and it is! It’s that last exciting night that leads up to Christmas that seems to be the most magical for my kids.

Every Christmas Eve we have several traditions. We always have a special meal and the kiddos decorate cookies and do crafts. We also always get a brand new pair of pajamas and read The Night Before Christmas.

We have a big family and Christmas is a big deal for our family. Christmas Eve everyone comes from all around and we spend the day together. It can be rather chaotic and stressful for the adults. Luckily this year I’m helping my mom with Christmas and helping to keep things a little less stressful by shopping ahead of time at my local Walmart store.

7 Expert Tips For A Stress Free Christmas Eve

1. Eat & Drink – It seems silly but start your day with a full breakfast. Be sure to keep water nearby for yourself, your kiddos and any guests. Staying hydrated will help you stay up for Santa.
  2. Get Outside – Christmas Even during the early afternoon we always try to get outside. Maybe we run a few last minute errands or just go outside to play in the snow.
  3. Watch Christmas Movies – One of the best ways to have a stress free Christmas Eve is to keep those kiddos busy. Christmas movies play all day on TV and they’re a great way to entertain your family. On Christmas Eve all the kids pile together at Grandma’s house movies are also a great way to get the kiddos to sleep.
  4. Celebrate Your family Traditions – We enjoy celebrating family traditions. New pjs, a Christmas book and cookies for Santa. These traditions bring joy to everyone on Christmas Eve.
  5. Baking & Crafts – Christmas Eve we always have Mexican food so I enjoy spending time helping cook in the kitchen. The kiddos like to decorate cookies while we make dinner.
  6. Look At The Santa Tracker Online – We love to do this on Christmas Eve and it serves as a question for the kiddos to get in the bath and get their new pjs on.
  7. Plan Ahead of Time – One thing I always do is prepare ahead of time making a list of everything we need for Christmas morning. Breakfast essentials, extra wrapping paper from Santa and of course loads of extra batteries for all the toys!

Shop & Save at Walmart

Right now you can shop at save at your local Walmart store. Plus you can get a $5 Walmart eGift Card with a $15 purchase of Energizer batteries when you use the Shopkick App. Then submit your receipt showing a $15 purchase, and then you are automatically entered win the value of their receipt (up to $500). Remember you can shop now to December 16th. Shop ahead of time in-store at Walmart to purchase Energizer batteries and earn Kicks on their Shopkick app!  After easily finding the batteries right in the isle way near the toys. I was also able to shop for some last minute gifts. One of our other traditions besides opening new pajamas on Christmas Eve is that each kid gets a present. Luckily you can find all the hottest toys on sale at Walmart Buying essentials like batteries ahead of time will be one of the easiest ways to stay stress free come Christmas morning. Plus I was able to easily find the toys my girls will be excited about right at Walmart. christmas presents at walmartI like that I was able to easily find all the essentials my kids will enjoy plus was able to also brand something fun for my husband. He’s big into video games so I made sure to get extra batteries for all his toys too! 😀

You can shop your local Walmart today and get your very own $5 Walmart eGift Card with a $15 purchase of Energizer batteries with the Shopkick App.  Remember you can shop now to December 16th.

What are your best tips for staying stress free on Christmas?

1. Kiwi on December 6, 2017 at 2:09 pm

You would be surprised how many toy need batteries and are not included. Energizer is a good trusted battery brand.

2. Stacie on December 6, 2017 at 2:04 pm

We like to watch Christmas movies and make cookies on Christmas Eve. After I get some prep work done for the big day then it is time to relax.

3. Jessica T on December 6, 2017 at 10:58 am

These are really great tips for a stress free christmas eve. I am going to have to keep these in mind. It would be so much better to enjoy!

4. Jenni on December 6, 2017 at 12:05 am

These are great tips and ideas for a stress-free Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

5. Toni | Boulder Locavore on December 5, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Thank you so much for these tips! Christmas eve is one of most fun part of Christmas but it can be stressful too! Thanks for your suggestions! 😀

6. Angela Milnes on December 5, 2017 at 10:13 pm

These are all wonderful ideas to celebrate. Keeping them all busy usually helps a lot.

7. Marissa Zurfluh on December 5, 2017 at 10:12 pm

We love making gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve. It’s a fun night that we as a family look forward to.

8. Sara Welch on December 5, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Making a little plan ahead of time is helpful. We have our little traditions as well.

9. Ra'Nesha on December 5, 2017 at 8:42 pm

On Christmas Eve we normally order prepared trays and watch movies until we fall asleep on the couch.

10. Denise C on December 5, 2017 at 7:51 pm

This year, I’m going to try to get everything finished ahead of time. This way, I can spend the evening relaxing with my family and rest up for the big day.

11. travel blogger on December 5, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Great tips! I know Christmas day can be stressful sometimes when we have a lot of driving and running to do. It is always good to be prepared and plan ahead. We always do a last minute Wal-Mart run and get lots of batteries for all the toys!

12. brianne on December 5, 2017 at 7:09 pm

These are great tips for de stressing. I am so stressed out this time of year!

13. Michelle Waller on December 5, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Christmas Eve is almost always a stressful time in our household, especially because kids are so happy and excited. I am going to give these a try to help calm down our Christmas Eve.

14. Claudia Krusch on December 5, 2017 at 6:12 pm

I try to do as much as I can ahead of time so I can relax on Christmas eve. We like to snack on some baked goods and watch all the Doctor Who Christmas specials.

15. Amy Desrosiers on December 5, 2017 at 6:01 pm

We stocked up on our Energizer batteries! Can’t do Christmas without them!

16. TColeman on December 5, 2017 at 5:55 pm

These are some really great ways to make sure Christmas Eve is fun and not stressful. I am gonna use that Santa tracker for sure!

17. Pam on December 5, 2017 at 5:36 pm

I love the Santa tracker. It’s so fun to see where Santa is around the world!

18. Kathy on December 5, 2017 at 5:35 pm

These are all wonderful tips. I always enjoy Christmas eve night. We do that with our immediate family each Christmas eve. It’s always a lot of fun.

19. AnnMarie John on December 5, 2017 at 5:17 pm

That’s pretty amazing! I would love a stress free Christmas so that I have more time to spend with the family instead of stressing all over the preparations and planning! Thanks for all the tips that you shared!

20. Autumn Reo on December 5, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Yes! BUY batteries! I need to add that to my Walmart list! Thanks for the reminder! Christmas is just not the same if you don’t have batteries!

21. Liz Mays on December 5, 2017 at 4:56 pm

I like the idea of spending a little time outside. We can probably get our fire pit going in the yard! It’s definitely a good idea to make sure you’re prepared with batteries too!

22. Dawn Lopez on December 5, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Christmas Eve is always so hectic for me since I’m never finished wrapping and prepping gifts. Every year I say that I’m going to do a better job preparing ahead of the holidays but I never seem to find time.

23. Christie on December 5, 2017 at 2:08 pm

We love going outside! We’ll park in neighborhood areas that have a lot of decorations lit at night, and just walk around, looking at them. The kids love the Santa tracker app we have to keep tabs on the big fella! These are all amazing ways to be stress free.

24. Jeanette on December 5, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Christmas Eve is probably some of my favorite times. Usually we go to church then we come home put on some comfy pajamas and open up one gift before bed. These are some awesome tips to remember so that it stays stress-free.

25. Colleen on December 5, 2017 at 12:30 pm

We always watch our local television station for “live” Santa updates. It’s so much for for the kids, and we have fun watching their excitement.

26. Stacie on December 5, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Christmas movies have always been our go to for Christmas Eve. Thanks for sharing these great tips!

• Pam on December 5, 2017 at 6:33 pm

We love watching Christmas movies around the holiday. Rudolph is one of our favorites.

27. Connie on December 5, 2017 at 12:24 pm

I love Christmas Eve. Don’t know that it’s stress free, but we have a lot of fun together.

28. Sinisa on December 5, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Great tips. Everyone should enjoy the night

29. robin rue on December 5, 2017 at 12:09 pm

We go to my brother and sister in law’s house on Christmas eve! They do all of these things 🙂