Instagram has always been my jam, it’s just something I enjoy crafting. The last year I’ve become a lot more careful about my content in my feed. Instagram stories has really given me a new platform and following that has me excited. It’s also allowed me to partner with brands in an exciting new way. As brands start to work more and more with influencers you’ll want to add more Instagram stories stragedies to your contracts.
5 Tips For Sponsored Instagram Stories for Influencers in 2018
- Get To Know Your Followers – Unlike Snapchat Instagram stories allows you to view insights brands are especially interested in this. Be sure to save screenshots form Insights to give back to the brands you contract with. This feature has taught me that on Instagram my followers are between the ages of 25-34 that’s extremely valuable for brands who want to work with me to know.
- Include Links – The best thing about stories is the ability to add in links and turn those posts into direct action! This also won’t take away from getting traffic to your own site by allowing you to easily promote another clickable link.
- Keep It Spontaneous – Instagram stories should not need pre approvals which means that the content should be authentic and spontaneous. Content should not be overly scripted and you can help the brand you work with understand this. Going back to authenticity your followers will know the difference!
- Get To Know Polling – Not only is it fun but you can gan valuable information about things that your followers want to engage with. You can easily give that information to brands.
- Have Fun – The best things about Instagram stories is that it disappears in a day so you get to put more out there. Your followers can truly get to know your personality in a way like never before, utilize that!
You’ll see many more brands hiring bloggers in 2018 for Instagram stories and you’ll see budgets going to disappearing content. Brands will be looking for more and more insights so learn to use these tools and provide them to the brands in your pitches. The value of Stories actually be much greater than a traditional Instagram post and we will see that in 2018.
Have you started working with brands on Instagram Stories, what is working well for you?