I have to say I’m so happy to say so long to 2017. I’m not the only one who felt the struggle that was 2017. I’m ready to move into a new year more focused forward and ready to tackle the challenges that I feel held me back. Every year it’s all about growth and moving forward more focused is not only going to help me succeed with my goals but it will also help me be more stress free. Health and wellness mean a great deal to me, it’s really all about just being active and having fun. Creating those moments that my kids will always remember. So I’m taking these tips with me into the new year and am being more mindful about the things that I may stress out about.
5 Simple Tips To Stress Less In 2018
- Make Time To Reflect – My husband is big on writing things down. Not only does that connection help to cement your ideas but it is also a tool I can use to actually see what is and what is not working in my life. I want to reflect on the things I am struggling with and how I can implement ways to create that change. Clearing my mind and allowing my focus to shift from stress to acceptance.
- Keeping It Clean – It’s true that when I am unorganized it’s because my mind is often busy and clouded. Lacking organization and self-discipline has been hurtful to me in the past and it causes un needed stress. Starting new healthy habits like developing a plan for organization and working on implementing a strategy that works. Also working on my self-discipline by immediately putting things away and keeping my work areas neat and organized.
- Learn To Prioritize – When I have a lot to do I often just want to get it all done at once. It doesn’t help me actually get anything accomplished though. Learning to prioritize what needs to get done by importance is a great way to start. Starting by listing the top three things I wish to accomplish each day on a notepad. Then work my way down the list which will help me get in the habit of finishing what I start and also meeting deadlines on time. Stress levels will decrease as you use prioritization more and more often.
- Exercise – I’m just going to say it, I know that I feel better mentally when I exercise. I also love dance fitness, it’s something I am passionate about. Doing things that not only allow me to exercise but express myself really does make me a happier and healthier person.
- Learn To Say No – In 2018 I’m going to be saying no to the things that do not help me in my life. This year I had many more stresses about money and felt like I worked harder and not smarter. This year I’ll be working smarter and really delving into the things that do bring me joy. The projects that I can say yes to and feel passionate about. I know that this is what I struggled with most in 2017 and will really dial in my focus to say no more often.
The path to a more health and positivity you is right in front of you.