Huntington CA Beach Firepits

Our Favorite Fireside S’mores Bananas

We are happy to partner with Pine Mountain Firestarters and Logs. As always our opinions are always our own.

Some of my favorite moments with my kids are totally unexpected. We love living so close to the beach that we can actually enjoy it. Now that peak season has come and gone in Huntington Beach you can easily find an open fire pit for some nighttime family fun. It’s not just about sitting around the warm fire pit it’s about the imperfect moments.

I happened to snap the photos of all three of my girls on the beach with my phone. They had been playing with this one blanket and chasing each other around. The beach being windy provided the perfect opportunity to let the blanket fly with the wind. My girls were so thrilled by such a simple thing and they laughed and laughed. I don’t know about you but I celebrate any moment all three of my girls actually get along. HA! HA! Fires on the beach can be a little tricky so we used the Pine Mountain ExtremeStart Firestarter to easily get our fire started. The ExtremeStart Firestarter by Pine Mountain is great for indoor or outdoor use, as it lights fires and grills in minutes and lasts up to 20 minutes. The product also burns clean, meaning that your food won’t pick up any unwanted flavors.Within minutes we had a fire that was not only able to warm us up but also added to all our night time beach fun.When my husband and I first started dating we went camping. After we had kids that didn’t change and we’ve enjoyed spending time outdoors. One of the things that my girls always love when we go camping are fireside s’mores bananas.

Our Favorite Fireside S’mores Bananas

Ingredients

• bananas
  • marshmallows
  • chocolate bar
  • aluminum foil

Fireside s’more bananas are so easy to make. You cut open the banana and carve out half of the actual banana inside so you can add in mar mallows and chocolate pieces. Then wrap the banana in tin foil and let it sit in the fire.
Our Favorite Fireside S'mores BananasWhen my girls were babies my husband would always feed them their banana. It’s funny because now that they’re older they still always ask him to feed them. There’s just something so warm and delicious about wrapping up in a blanket next to the fire and enjoying a warm sweet treat. This summer we had such a busy summer with our move and just settling in to a new house. Now that it’s fall we’re just looking forward to more moments as a family. Even if it’s just a few hours of running around at the beach together. It’s about creating new memories and adventures. I always loved going to the beach and having bonfires and we’re really looking forward to more simple moments.

You can learn more about Pine Mountain Firestarters and Logs .

What are your favorite simple ways to spend time as a family?

1. Sarah L on October 24, 2017 at 11:19 pm

A very clever way to get some fruit in the dessert.

2. Shannon Gurnee on October 23, 2017 at 11:07 am

This looks like a great product to use for a beach bonfire! I’ll have to check this out for the next time we go camping.

3. Sarah L on October 22, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Those are amazing treats. Never saw that before, but I can tell I’ll be doing it at the next campfire.

4. Julie Wood on October 22, 2017 at 5:47 am

This looks so delicious! I will have to try this out next time we are camping. We love camping, boating and fishing.

5. Brandon Sparks on October 20, 2017 at 7:24 pm

My kids would really love this. So would I to be honest. Thanks so much for this..

6. krystal on October 20, 2017 at 7:49 am

What an awesome way to enjoy the outdoors and snack on something sweet! Looks easy and delicious too!

7. Toni | Boulder Locavore on October 19, 2017 at 10:58 pm

This looks so much fun! I will definitely try this s’mores banana!

8. Janis @MommyBlogExpert on October 19, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Simple moments with our kids… there isn’t anything better than that. And these are the moments those kids will treasure and hopefully pass on to their own children one day. Great photos of the Banana S’mores and beach, too;

9. Sarah on October 19, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Oh my goodness, this sounds like heaven! I love S’mores and banana’s so putting them together is a dream come true.

10. Tara on October 19, 2017 at 9:22 pm

I will have to try this next time we have a fire. You can’t go wrong with chocolate, marshmallow and banana.

11. Marissa Zurfluh on October 19, 2017 at 7:16 pm

I really need to try this! That is such a great addition!

12. Cat on October 19, 2017 at 6:46 pm

S’mores and bananas?! GENIUS! Have never thought of this before!

13. TColeman on October 19, 2017 at 6:27 pm

This is such an awesome idea for a campfire treat! I am going to have to try this next time we have a bonfire or camping trip.

14. Kelly Hutchinson (@KickingWKelly) on October 19, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I have never had fireside banana s’mores, but they look amazing! I bet they would be great for our next camping trip!

15. Lisa Bristol on October 19, 2017 at 5:16 pm

These look so delicious and easy to make. I will have to pick up a few Pine Mountain ExtremeStart Firestarters. They look like they make getting a fire a cinch.

16. Claudia Krusch on October 19, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I will have to pick up a Pine Mountain ExtremeStart Firestarter for our next camping trip. Smores are always a hit with my family. I will have to give this recipe a try.

17. Liz Mays on October 19, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Oh yum! Spending time around a fire and eating some s’mores treats is so fun. We’re probably going to get our fire pit going soon enough!

18. Dwan on October 19, 2017 at 4:37 pm

These look amazing. We love to go camping and now I know what I’m adding to my list to make.

19. Amy Desrosiers on October 19, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I am going to have to get some of these for my fire pit. I am sure they would be so helpful.

20. jmanandmillerbug on October 19, 2017 at 3:29 pm

You are so lucky that you live so close to the beach! If we lived that close to the beach I swear we would be there all the time. I would love to have a fire pit right there and all the sweet you made look so good.

21. Jeni Hawkins on October 19, 2017 at 2:45 pm

How cool is that!? Very smart and it looks delicious! I might make these when we camp this Fall!

22. Colleen Lanin on October 19, 2017 at 2:30 pm

What a neat idea! I’ve never even heard of this before. I think it’s genius. Banana is so good with chocolate, and this is the best iteration of that I’ve ever seen!

23. Sadie Roach on October 19, 2017 at 2:30 pm

That looks like ooey gooey goodness! I’ll have to try the Pine Mountain ExtremeStart Firestarter for my grill because it seems really easy and simple.

24. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on October 19, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Ahhh! That looks absolutely amazing! I’ve never heard of S’Mores bananas before. I can’t wait to try this!