Don’t Forget The Dogs This Halloween

This post was sponsored by Milk-Bone® as part of a Two-Post Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.

Our dog Marley loves to go trick or treating with us. When our girls were babies he’d ride right in the stroller with them on Halloween all around the neighborhood. I know that other parents also decide to take their pets trick or treating on Halloween. Just all that walking around the neighborhood is great to get pets out of the house and I know our dog also enjoys participating in Halloween.

Our dogs plays such an important part of our every day life that we also like to make sure he’s involved in other things too, like Halloween. Be sure to check out this video which shows just how vital pest are to people’s lives.

It’s nice to see companies like Milk Bone giving back. This year Milk-Bone is celebrating its 20th Anniversary with Canine Assistants, a non-profit organization that trains and provides service dogs to children and adults with physical disabilities and special needs.
My favorite time of day is after our kids go to bed and our dog gets really excited and runs around the house chasing his toys. He’s almost 9 years old and he also likes to sleep a lot but I love seeing him so carefree. He’s always at my side wherever I go and just such a loving, gentle dog. It’s nice to also treat him with the things he enjoys, like dog treats from Milk BoneThis Halloween I really want to also pass out treats to all the four legged friends that join their families for the trick or treat fun. A small dish of dog treats is all it takes for dogs to be able to enjoy the fun.
We have a small dog so we always pick the smaller variety Milk Bone products. They’re kind of great for Halloween because I can hand out a small handful to pet owners and they can pass along treats as they need to. It’s just something fun to allow pets to also have a few treats. Our girls shower our dog with love but they also love to give him treats. I like that Milk Bone helps to clean his teeth and also come in flavors he loves like peanut butter.
Dogs are never just. They always do more. They never just sit next to us. They remind us that we’re not alone. They never just lick our faces. They calm us down and heal us. They never just take us for a walk, they take us on a journey. Visit the Milk Bone website to learn more.

Do your pets get in on the Halloween fun?

1. Sara Zielinski on October 29, 2017 at 1:15 pm

These are great halloween treats for dogs.

2. Julie Wood on October 26, 2017 at 6:44 am

Your dog is so adorable! I always remember my dogs and dress my dog up and give her a special treat. She just loves all the pampering!

3. Shane A on October 20, 2017 at 4:27 am

What a cute puppy! We’ve tried milk bones brand and have found the dogs enjoy them.

4. Jenni on October 12, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Letting your dogs enjoy the fun is really awesome! Would love to try this treat for my pup, too!

5. Sarah on October 12, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Aww, yes, we have to remember our fur babies. My pup loves Milkbones, he thinks it’s the best treat ever.

6. Toni | Boulder Locavore on October 12, 2017 at 9:40 pm

This is so sweet! And I love the idea of letting your dog enjoy the fun!

7. Angela Milnes on October 12, 2017 at 8:00 pm

I love to make my own treats for the doggies. But, Milk Bones are an awesome treat!

8. Wendy Polisi on October 12, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Mil Bones are the best! The dogs love them and they are a really good price!

9. Vanessa Delia on October 12, 2017 at 6:30 pm

I didn’t know this company was a part of something like that. I am amazed and glad we support them already!

10. Dawn Lopez on October 12, 2017 at 6:15 pm

I love the idea of giving out dog treats to our canine friends for Halloween. We have several neighbors who take their dogs out for trick or treats but it never occurred to me to treat them too. Thanks for the idea! I’ll have to pick up some Milk bones.

11. travel blogger on October 12, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Our dog always goes trick or treating with us, and we always try to give him a snack. We will have to pick up some Milk Bones. Our dog loves them!

12. AnnMarie John on October 12, 2017 at 5:39 pm

I have two dogs at home who will enjoy these treats! I love that it helps clean their teeth as well. It’s really such a good treat and I would love to get them these for Halloween.

13. Claudia Krusch on October 12, 2017 at 5:17 pm

We have a few costumes for the dogs. I think it is a great idea to have a few treats for any dogs that might be with the kids trick or treating.

14. Kelly Hutchinson (@KickingWKelly) on October 12, 2017 at 4:20 pm

We always try to involve the pets in the holiday fun. I love that Milkbone makes treats our dogs love.

15. TColeman on October 12, 2017 at 3:34 pm

This is such a fun tip! I never really thought to have treats handy for when pets show at your door.

16. Pam Wattenbarger on October 12, 2017 at 3:07 pm

We always dress our small dog up for Halloween. He gets plenty of treats for putting up with it.

17. Chelley Martinka on October 12, 2017 at 2:50 pm

We always have treats to pass out to four legged trick or treaters! Thanks for the reminder to grab some this week!

18. Keikilani on October 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm

My dogs love MilkBones! They most definitely will get at least one for Halloween!

19. Liz Mays on October 12, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Your dog is adorable! It’s definitely a good idea to pick up some treats for the dogs. Milkbone mini treats would be perfect!

20. Connie on October 12, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Our dog loves Halloween with all of the kids coming to the door. I have never had dog treats ready for other dogs before, but I certainly will this year. What a great idea.

21. Catherine Sargent on October 12, 2017 at 10:29 am

I don’t have any pets, but I am going to get some Milk Bones and make treat bags for the neighborhood dogs. A lot of people in our area bring them trick or treating.

22. robin rue on October 12, 2017 at 9:10 am

We always get something for our dog for Halloween. He deserves treats, too 🙂

23. Melissa Chapman on October 12, 2017 at 8:31 am

I give my dogs Milk Bone brand biscuits so I hope these are the highest quality and good for our guys. We don’t have costumes for them yet but it is a fun idea.

24. Jeni Hawkins on October 12, 2017 at 6:47 am

So cute! My sister always lets her dog dress up… she (the dog) actually picks her own costume each year! She also LOVES Milkbones and won’t eat any other snack as much!

25. Randi on October 12, 2017 at 5:41 am

A lot of our neighbors bring their dogs trick or treating and we’ve given out milk bones before too … I have to remember to do this again this year!

26. Heather @ Kraus House Mom on October 12, 2017 at 4:41 am

Our dog would have a bandana for every holiday. We would buy the mini Milk Bones because my kids would give them to our dog all the time and we didn’t want her to get too much of a good thing.