My Child Wants To Learn To Play The Guitar

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fender for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.

playing the guitarAs a parent, I always want to be sure that our kids are happy and healthy. I always want to encourage the things they want to do and that comes to anything from sports to even playing an instrument. Our daughter has been asking to learn to play the guitar. It’s the melody and rhythm that she seems to enjoy. I fully believe in the confidence boosting benefits of kids who are involved in activities.

Did you know that kids who learn to play the guitar do well socially and are more confident? They also develop coordination, math skills and are more able to concentrate when set to do a task. There are many benefits to kids who play the guitar so I’d love to develop those skills and help our daughter learn to play the guitar.

She received her first guitar to learn to play from Fender, the leader in guitars. So, why wouldn’t I trust her to have the very best? Fender Play is a simple and easy way to learn guitar because it’s created by curriculum experts and the leading guitar brand. Fender Play is fun and song-based which means kids love it. They help your child learn by starting with the basics and we are so excited to be putting it to the test and to have her start the school year developing this new skill. child gets a guitar Brooklin was so excited to get her new guitar and started right away with Fender Play. I liked that setting up her account was simple and easy and she had started to learn to play right away.

I also like that it’s helping to build self-esteem and she can even learn a lot from playing a musical instrument. It’s a lot easier to learn to play another instrument after you’ve already learned about the notes. She’s excited to learn to play and we’re just excited to watch her grow!

Our daughter likes that the curriculum is based on her musical preference. It’s her path on Fender Play and it allows her to learn to play the songs she already knows and loves. The videos are easy to follow and understand and she’s really learning from the best. It’s nice to know that we don’t have to sign up for more classes as we start school.

With Fender Play she can literally learn to play the guitar right from home. She’s excited and eager to learn and she likes that the lessons are short and easy to follow as a beginner. learning to play the guitar

So, this school year why not inspire your kiddo to try something new? We’ll be sharing more soon about all that she’s already learned coming up in the next few weeks here on the site. I just love seeing our daughter so excited about learning something new. It’s refreshing to see and we can’t wait to see her learn to play her very first song.

You can learn to play guitar too with Fender Play. Sign up and learn more about the Fender subscription service.

Do your kids play any instruments?

Visit Sponsors Site

1. Mary Gardner on October 20, 2017 at 8:11 am

My daughter is learning to play as well but we had not heard of the Fender program. Sometimes during the school year it is hard to fit in time for lessons and practice so we will save this info for next summer and give it a try. Thanks!

2. Sarah L on October 18, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Learning to play music is a wonderful thing that will last her whole life long.

3. Cynthia R on October 12, 2017 at 9:49 am

I always think it’s really neat when a child takes action and says they want to play a musical instrument versus being forced to.

4. Sara Zielinski on October 4, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Playing the guitar is a great activity for children.

5. Julie Wood on September 30, 2017 at 6:05 am

My son plays the guitar too! He loves it, and your daughter’s guitar is gorgeous and she will have many years of fun playing it!

6. Anonymous on September 25, 2017 at 7:45 pm

How great for your daughter! I hope my daughter will grow up to love music and musical instruments. I would like her to learn to play the guitar. This post is a great encouragement. Thanks for sharing.

7. Annemarie LeBlanc on September 21, 2017 at 2:11 pm

I love this innovative idea from Fender. I mean, they make the best guitars and to offer a program that encourages children to learn to play the guitar in the comforts of their home is just awesome!

8. Our Family World on September 21, 2017 at 1:25 pm

I think I have come across this Fender Play before. Thanks for refreshing my memory. This is one of my greatest frustrations in life – learning to play guitar. My parents disapproved of it and sent me to get piano lessons instead. 🙁 Oh well, I think Fender Play is a fantastic way to support your child’s musical interest!

9. Crystal on September 21, 2017 at 5:59 am

So cool! My oldest wants to play the drums and my middle child wants to play the guitar. We’ve got a family band forming already.

10. Brianne on September 21, 2017 at 5:05 am

My daughter loves playing the guitar and would love this one. I am keeping this in mind for the holidays!

11. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place on September 20, 2017 at 8:06 pm

It’s so awesome that you’re supporting your child when it comes to their interests, that’s really the best we can do as parents! The guitar is a lovely choice for a child!

12. Shannon Gurnee on September 20, 2017 at 7:54 pm

That is awesome! Our oldest son is learning to play the guitar and he does an amazing job. Our 2 younger boys are learning to play the drums.

13. Carol Cassara on September 20, 2017 at 6:52 pm

As parents it’s really important to be supportive of your child especially since they’re all about trying new things that interests them. I think this is awesome, it’s pretty cool when you know how to play an instrument!

14. travel blogger on September 20, 2017 at 6:39 pm

I grew up playing guitar, and I really want my son to play too. I think it is a great activity for kids, and it really does have a lot of great benefits. I will have to get my son a Fender for Christmas. We will have to check out Fender Play too.

15. Kristi on September 20, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Our girls have been taking piano for a few years and then started band a couple of years also. Love to listen to them play.

16. Maureen on September 20, 2017 at 6:11 pm

This is really awesome. I love that you can learn instruments at home, I have a sax player and it was difficult at first but he quickly became awesome at it. Way to go for encouraging this!

17. AnnMarie John on September 20, 2017 at 6:11 pm

The guitar is an awesome instrument to learn and it’s not that difficult as well. It’s really nice for the kids to learn it if they’re interested.

18. Amy Desrosiers on September 20, 2017 at 5:28 pm

My kids are finally having more interest in music. I bet they would do so well with a guitar.

19. Pam Wattenbarger on September 20, 2017 at 5:23 pm

When ,y kids were younger they wanted to learn to play guitar but we could never find a teacher. This would have been awesome.

20. Brett on September 20, 2017 at 3:44 pm

My son and husband are doing lessons together on Fender Play. It’s been a great experience for both of them, and also a wonderful bonding thing as well. I’m enjoying the more frequent music as a backdrop around the house!

21. Erin F on September 20, 2017 at 10:17 am

What a great way to learn! I love that the guitar is also her size, I bet that makes it easier as well! I’ll definitely be checking out Fender Play, it looks awesome!

22. Colleen Lanin on September 20, 2017 at 10:08 am

That is so fun! I hope she has all the fun she imagines she will. Learning to play an instrument is so satisfying!

23. Vera Sweeney on September 20, 2017 at 9:48 am

I LOVE what Fender is doing! I think it’s so much easier and more friendly to learn online like that!

24. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on September 20, 2017 at 9:36 am

That is so fun! When children learn music, they get better scores in reading and math! I love that she’s learning on an acoustic guitar. That makes it easier to play any guitar.