CVS homework snack

5 Tips To Make Homework Time Less Painful

Disclosure: I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.

girl doing homeworkNow that we’re back to school we’re getting in the swing of things. Everything from homework to after school activities it seems our days are getting busier and busier. Having three girls in different grades is proving to be a little harder than I expected. Luckily my oldest being a tween has developed strong study skills so she just flies through her homework and is eager to learn. Our youngest just started Kindergarten and she’s already got homework and it’s our middle kiddo who has struggled the most after school.

Our third grader has always been a busy kid. Even as a baby she was always on the go so no no surprise to me that she’s the one who seems to have the hardest time settling into getting her work done. Over time there’s some things I’ve found that have really helped us to make homework less painful.

5 Tips To Make Homework Time Less Painful

5 Tips To Make Homework Time Less Painful

1. Start Early – I always tell my girls it’s best to get things done right away. There’s no reason to wait until the last minute because that’s how the stress with homework can spiral out of control. It’s best to get things done right after school so we can move on with our evening and after school activities.
  2. Change Of Scenery – My eight year old is notorious for being our daydreamer. She loves to take her work outside or even just cozy up with a blanket in her favorite chair. She doesn’t have to be confined to her desk as long as she’s able to type and write properly.
  3. Plan Ahead – Help your child develop a plan so they can take ownership over their own work. This also allows them to break projects into steps and it doesn’t become overwhelming.
  4. Have Fun – My third grader was really struggling with her spelling words. We used magnets with letters and even shaving cream to have fun with the words. Sure enough she was excited about working on those spelling words.
  5. Fuel Up – Raising smart kids also means raising healthy kids. Whether you’re on the go or just needing to fuel up after school we like to stop by CVS Pharmacy to fuel up on healthy snacks.

CVS homework snackWhat we like about CVS Pharmacy is that I can run into our neighborhood store on the way home from school and let my girls pick out their own snacks. It’s such a small gesture but it works wonders for our roughest homework days. They have such a wide variety of healthy snacks and foods that are orange, GMO-free, all natural and of course they also have other favorites like jerky too. Having healthy filling snacks means that my girls can focus more on the things they need to do after school, like homework.

You can find a CVS Pharmacy location near you on their website. You can also shop all of the Fit Choices at your local CVS Pharmacy.

What are your best tips for pain free homework?

1. Sara Zielinski on October 27, 2017 at 9:58 am

Homework time is important, thanks for the tips.

2. Julie Wood on October 25, 2017 at 7:26 am

Start right away after having a nice snack is when my kids do their homework. I help them and make it a good time learning. These are great tips!

3. Richard Hicks on October 6, 2017 at 10:01 am

I like the tips. We have certain time every night that kids do their homework

4. Kiwi on October 2, 2017 at 4:11 am

Im not going to lie I hated school so much because homework stressed me out. I think a change of scenery would be helpful to concentrate better.

5. Our Family World on October 1, 2017 at 5:14 am

I think the biggest struggle is to keep their excitement level up. Sometimes, when kids hit a snag, they lose interest in doing homework. I always give them a snack that they love and a whole lot of encouragement. That seems to work.

6. Annemarie LeBlanc on October 1, 2017 at 3:39 am

These are all helpful tips to get homework done. Although I don’t have young kids anymore, I am sure a lot of mom and dads would greatly benefit from these tips.

7. brianne on September 30, 2017 at 5:34 am

Homework is the worst for us and I dread it everyday. These are such good tips, I’m taking notes!

8. Crystal on September 30, 2017 at 3:49 am

When the kids are done with school, they’re tired and cranky. That can make homework painful! But snacks totally help!

9. Theresa on September 29, 2017 at 9:26 pm

These are great ideas! I think having tasty, yet healthy snacks on hand always makes homework go a lot better here.

10. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place on September 29, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Believe it or not, I actually enjoy homework with my kids! It’s something that I love doing with them because it allows me to know how much they’ve learned and how they usually cope with the lessons in school. These are really helpful tips to make homework less stressful for everyone!

• Kristin on September 30, 2017 at 9:13 am

I do too. Its fun seeing them grow!

11. Carol Cassara on September 29, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Those are really good tips! I think homework shouldn’t have to be stressful and it’s a great time to be with the kids and catch up on their lessons and how they’re doing in school.

12. Pam Wattenbarger on September 29, 2017 at 5:41 pm

I remember the homework days. Sometimes getting my kids to do their homework was like pulling teeth.

13. Jeanine on September 29, 2017 at 5:20 pm

So far this year my daughter in grade 6 has gotten homework every single night. She and her dad take hours to do it. This is so helpful!

• Kristin on September 30, 2017 at 9:13 am

Bets to work together.

14. Bill Sweeney on September 29, 2017 at 9:42 am

Snacks make everything better. They help the kids keep their concentration, and they’re also just plain tasty.

15. Stacie @ Divine Lifestylest on September 29, 2017 at 9:34 am

Great tips. Planning and snacks are two of the most important parts of making homework easier. It should be on a schedule so the kids don’t forget.

16. Catherine Sargent on September 29, 2017 at 9:26 am

These are all great tips. My biggest struggle with my son was getting him to stay focused. I found that if we did it right when he got home, it was much easier.