Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats

Our Favorite Way to Spend Time After School

Our time after school is spent with lots of time at the pool. We’re lucky that here in Southern California we really do have the opportunity to enjoy the water year round. We have a community pool and our girls take swim lessons so being at the pool is a big part of our life after school.

Our youngest just started kindergarten and while she’s adjusting well I’m finding it’s me who really misses her. All three of our girls are in school now so our routine is pretty structured during the week. We start our morning wth breakfast and Cheerios have long been a favorite of our girls. With my girls gone this week during school I was able to easily prep a delicious after school snack before we hit the pool with enough left over for their lunch boxes.Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats

Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats

Ingredients –

• 1 1/2 cups Cheerios
  • 1 cup Chocolate Cheerios
  • 3 cups of small marshmallows
  • 5 TBSP of butter

Start by melting the butter and the marshmallows and then you add in the Cheerios. I put them in a pan to cool for a half an hour at room temperature. Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats

After school each kiddo can easily grab and go because I was able to put them in small bags. Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats

When it comes to back to school lunches for my girls I like to make their lunches with things I know each of them will like. There’s nothing like a homemade treat in your lunch box and I was able to make enough that we had extra to pack for lunches. Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats

I like to spend the time after school with our girls just having fun. While I’ve enjoyed going back to school I’ve found it’s also given me a little extra time so I can make home made treats for after school. I love to see my girls excited with their faces light up when they find out you’ve packed a delicious treat for after school activities like swim class.

Learn more and get more recipe ideas form Cheerios on their website.

What are your favorite ways to spend time with your kids after school?

1. Amy Desrosiers on August 31, 2017 at 5:55 pm

These Cheerios treats look really good! I know my kids would love to see these in their lunch boxes too!

2. Kelly Hutchinson (@KickingWKelly) on August 30, 2017 at 4:41 pm

What a great after school snack for the kiddos! Mine will LOVE these!

3. RachelFerrucci (@RachelFerrucci) on August 30, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I love Cherrios for ME! These snacks are perfect but I bet my grandkids would love them too! Thanks for sharing

4. Our Family World on August 30, 2017 at 1:13 pm

These treats look delicious. Even grown up kids would love this. I will make some for myself. I always want something to snack on while I do my online work.

5. Angela Milnes on August 30, 2017 at 12:42 pm

This is such a great treat. The kids love it, it is on the healthier side, and it is easier to make!

6. Robin Rue on August 30, 2017 at 12:32 pm

I have never thought to make these treats like this. I am going to have to make these for my kids.

7. Maria Carbone on August 30, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I think it’s wonderful that you spend quality time with your kids after school. It’s SO nice to come home to a treat too.

8. Sheena Tatum on August 30, 2017 at 12:22 pm

I was just saying how my kids eat cheerios like they’re going out of style. My kids would loooove these breakfast bars.

9. Carol Cassara on August 30, 2017 at 8:13 am

It’s awesome to give them time to have fun and unwind after school. I think it’s nice that you’re spending time with them and just enjoying their company. These snacks are great!

10. Theresa on August 29, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Snacking with my girls and just talking about how their day went is my favorite way to spend after school hours. These Cheerios treats look like something we would really enjoy. I’ll have to make them soon!

11. Pam Wattenbarger on August 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm

These Cheerios marshmallow treats sound really tasty. Perfect for a lunchbox treat or an after school snack.

12. Kiwi on August 29, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Wow I had no clue chocolate Cheerios existed! Sounds good I would love to try it out!

13. Liz Mays on August 29, 2017 at 12:14 pm

These Cheerios marshmallow treats are perfect! They’re definitely going to be great for school lunches!

14. Meagan on August 29, 2017 at 10:34 am

This looks so delicious. I bet it would be great for our next trip to the theme park.

15. Colleen Lanin on August 29, 2017 at 10:26 am

Those look amazing! I’m not gonna lie. I’m replacing the regular Cheerios with MORE chocolate ones! Yummo!

16. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on August 29, 2017 at 10:24 am

Whhhaaaatttt? Those Cheerios treats look awesome! We buy a metric ton of Honey Nut Cheerios. Time to get baking!

17. Brandy (@brandyellen) on August 29, 2017 at 10:19 am

What a yummy treat idea, super simple to make and I am certain my kids will enjoy having this as a snack to bring to school with them. Appreciate this idea!

18. Dandi D on August 29, 2017 at 5:14 am

Yum, I need to make some of those Cheerios treats for my kids!