This is a partnered post with Take Me Fishing™.
The greatest thing about having a husband who is so adventurous means that our children always have something fun to do. Some weekends it’s hiking and camping outdoors, other weekends it’s at the beach and on a fishing trip. You’ll even find us on the lake in the mountains on my parents’ boat in the summer. Living in Southern California means there is literally always something to do outdoors.
This weekend, my daughter and my husband packed up their fishing poles and went to the beach. There’s always a pier and plenty of other fishermen nearby, and our eight-year-old loves people watching. There’s tons of activity on the pier – and there’s nothing quite like the feeling of your #FirstCatch of the year! And that’s what summer is all about—creating meaningful moments with children.
There are lots of ways to make the most of summer with your family. Here are some of my favorites:
5 Simple Activities to Do Outdoors with Your Kids
- Go Fishing – You can find out everything you need to know to get started at Take Me Fishing™. From choosing gear to buying a fishing license, this site is a great resource for beginners and pros alike.
- Find Water – There are so many fun things to do near water, whether it be a lake, a river, or even the ocean. You can see some of the top places across the country to cast a line at Take Me Fishing’s™ list of Best Family-Friendly Places to Fish and Boat.
- Go Hiking – You can find local trailheads crisscrossing all through the country. We even take our kids hiking. It’s a great way to explore outdoors.
- Go Camping – We love camping and honestly you don’t need a lot of gear to make it happen. In California, we can camp anywhere from the beaches to the mountains, and there’s so much you can do while camping. Some of our best family memories have been made while camping with our kiddos.
- Find a Local Park – One of our favorite things to do in the evenings is to take a walk. We have many local parks within walking distance so we walk and play when we get there. It’s a great way to wind down from a hot summer day.
Check out Take Me Fishing™ to plan a fishing and boating adventure for your family—and be sure to share it with me on social using #FirstCatch!
What are some fun and simple things you like to do outdoors with your family?
Comment with your ideas below, then like Take Me Fishing™ on Facebook for your chance to win a $50 gift card plus a fishing prize package!