Our family lifestyle is simple we just want to be active with our girls and spend meaningful moments together. With summer in full swing it’s also important that we keep their busy little hands busy. We are always looking for girls crafts for our girls to do and it seems this year they are all about getting their hands messy. Making slime and play doh is a lot of fun for our little ones and they enjoy making play doh.
This summer why not have a little fun with your kids and make your own mermaid play doh. It gets even better when you make your own mermaid tails!
1. Add the flour, water, salt, oil and cream of tartar to a large sauce pan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until a stiff ball of dough forms and you can no longer stir it easily.
3. Transfer the dough to a flat surface. Knead until soft and pliable (about 3 minutes).
4. Separate the dough into 4 even sections. Press your finger into the middle of each piece to create a ‘well’.
5. In the first piece, add orange food coloring to the ‘well’ and knead until the color is evenly distributed. You may find it easier to knead the dough in a plastic bag to eliminate getting any food color on your hands.
6. Add pink food coloring to the well of the second piece. (I didn’t have pink coloring so I combined orange and green). Knead the dough until the color is evenly distributed.
7. Add blue food coloring to the third piece and knead until you achieve your desired shade of blue. I only used 2 drops to achieve a light “ocean-colored” blue.
8. In the last piece of playdough, add green food coloring and knead until the green color is evenly distributed.
MAKE YOUR OWN MERMAID TAIL
Create mermaid tails out of the playdough and place on dolls for hours of creative and role-play fun! Add beads, jewels and glitter to embellish each mermaid in their under-the-sea world!
Your kids are going to not only have fun making their own mermaid play doh but also making their own mermaid tails!
*Keep your mermaid playdough in an airtight plastic bag or container for up to 3 months.