Downtown San Diego Waterfront Park

5 Tips To Simplify Your Laundry Routine

I’m sharing #Tide in my life as part of a Tide sponsored series for Socialstars™

Lets face it, kids are messy! It’s officially summer here in Southern California and our kids are already having a blast. Living in the city with so many things to see and do means that we are on the go a lot. Having three small children we like to find things for us to do as a family. It’s all about just getting out and playing and keeping our life simple and yet meaningful.

Just last weekend we went to our favorite park in downtown San Diego and our girls just love to get outside to play. We enjoy hiking and being active at the beach but it’s also nice to just get dirty at your local park and just play. Thinking back to my favorite memories as a kid it was always those hot summer days playing with my sister that I remember most. Resting in the shade of a California pine tree we would enjoy a sweet orange. Every time I smell the sweet smell of pine in the summer it always takes me back to those days. This is why we are so passionate about the simple things and not only living well with our children but actually taking the time to enjoy those moments.

That’s why I allow my kids to make a mess, I want them to enjoy their childhoods and make meaningful memories. That’s why we are always looking for ways to keep our routines simple, especially when it comes to laundry.

5 Tips To Simplify Your Laundry Routine

1. Do laundry more often – smaller loads and doing laundry every day will help insure that you don’t fall behind.
  2. Presort your laundry – Use a hamper or basket that has several spaces for separating your laundry.
  3. Keep your washer fresh and clean – It’s simple to keep your washer fresh just pop open the door to your washer after each load. This allows the inside to fully dry and keeps your washer smelling great so you don’t have to waste extra time to clean it between loads.
  4. Stay organized – Keeping your laundry room organized will help you save time. Keeping all your supplies and detergent in one area.
  5. Do it all!! – Using a product like Tide PODS Plus Downy allows you to litearily do it all. With 4 in 1 technology you will get detergent, stain remover, brightener, Downy Fabric Protect all in one. It means I’m not using many different kinds of products and it’s another way to simplify my laundry routine. Remember – Keep out of reach of children!

You can learn more about Tide PODS Plus Downy. You can also find Tide on Facebook and Twitter.

What are your best tips for simplifying your laundry routine?

1. shelly peterson on June 25, 2017 at 12:27 am

I have never used like Tide PODS Plus Downy before. I will have to try them put. Thanks for the helpful tips.

2. Julie Wood on June 24, 2017 at 8:03 am

I love Tide Pods. They are so easy to use and really clean my clothes. I love using the fabric softener called Downy unstoppables. You put a few of the granules right in the wash and your clothes smell so good!!

3. Shannon Gurnee on June 20, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I love to use Tide when it comes to doing our laundry. The Tide Pods make laundry time so much quicker and easier.

4. Angela Milnes on June 19, 2017 at 3:31 pm

This is absolutely a great tips I always had a hard time for doing our laundry and I would love to try using this Tide Pods

5. Brianne on June 19, 2017 at 6:27 am

These are such great tips. And we love Tide Pods in our home. It’s the only brand i use!

6. Our Family World on June 18, 2017 at 11:02 am

We have been using Tide pods and we love it. Our clothes smell fresh and clean! I love it because it offers superb cleaning power without any mess or spills. I think these are the best thing that ever happened to doing laundry.

7. Anna Pry on June 18, 2017 at 10:36 am

I guess I simplify my laundry by not sorting it. Except for my delicates, I just put it all in together. So far I haven’t really noticed a difference in how clothes come out than when they were sorted

8. Tracie Cooper on June 18, 2017 at 8:46 am

Thanks for all the great tips. My hubby loves to do laundry so I let him, LOL

9. Annemarie LeBlanc on June 17, 2017 at 5:06 am

I love this innovation by Tide. Doing laundry is my least favorite chore. However, having Tide Pods makes doing laundry easier. I still don’t like doing laundry but I now love how our clothes turn out really clean and smelling fantastic.

10. Dawn McAlexander on June 16, 2017 at 8:11 pm

I have always thought that Tide was the best laundry detergent out there. Unfortunately, we can’t use it because my husband is allergic to it. I would love to use it though.

11. Cindy Gordon on June 16, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Tide has always been my favorite laundry brand. It is always so consistent!

12. Adrianne Betz on June 16, 2017 at 5:03 pm

These are marvelous tips! I know I could definitely use these tips since I’m terrible about laundry.

13. Louise Bishop on June 16, 2017 at 2:29 pm

We like to keep our laundry up. In other words, whatever laundry is there, needs to be thrown in the washer.

14. Toni | Boulder Locavore on June 16, 2017 at 11:00 am

Tide Pods really make laundry cleaner and smelling fresh! Thanks so much for these tips!

15. Seattle Travel Blogger on June 16, 2017 at 4:40 am

I am a fan of simplifying in general life’s tasks and even one’s possessions.
    So, I can definitely get on board with this product!

16. Mitch on June 15, 2017 at 7:31 pm

I wish I could simplify my laundry by having a cleaning lady who did it! Luckily I my apartment house I can usually do three loads at once!

17. Pam on June 15, 2017 at 7:05 pm

I always use Tide Pods. I like that I don’t have to measure them out, and I like that they won’t spill liquid everywhere.

18. Theresa on June 15, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Great tips! I love using Tide Pods because it really cuts down the measuring and mess when it comes to laundry chores.

19. Kelly on June 15, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Of all the chores I have to do on a regular basis, I really don’t mind doing laundry. These are some great tips to make it less of an ordeal.

20. Maureen on June 15, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Oh gosh yes! I am going to try you r5 tips to simplify my laundry routine immediately! With summer around the corner there will be most certainly nonstop laundry piles to do!

21. Kelly Hutchinson on June 15, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I am all for finding ways to cut my time in the laundry room. It is my most dreaded chore! I love the new Tide Pods have Downey in them. That is smart!

22. Catherine Sargent on June 15, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Thanks for the great tips. I try to do a load about every other day, that way I am not doing it all at once.

23. Melissa Chapman on June 15, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Living in Southern California isn’t it always summer? I will have to try those pods but I can’t do more loads of laundry even though it might be better to keep from getting behind.

24. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on June 15, 2017 at 11:56 am

I LOVE Tide PODS. I’ve been using them for several months, and they really do make things easier. All I have to do is pitch them in, and I’m good to go.