family hiking stonewall peak cuyamaca SP mother daughter

Laundry Talk – 4 Simple Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips

I’m sharing #Tide in my life as part of a Tide sponsored series for Socialstars™.

One thing we always hope to teach our girls is how to help do our part to take care of the planet. Growing up I didn’t learn about recycling until I got older so we started with our girls at a young age teaching them about recycling and allowing them to take part in helping recycle. Teaching our children that being good stewards of the earth is important and so in many different ways we try to instill those values in our girls. Being sustainable and using less is something that we strive to do, we also spend a lot of time being active. Spending time outdoors has taught our children to take better take care and respect our planet. By teaching them to help take care of our planet in their everyday lives we strive to teach them there are simple ways you can do better all around you.

This past weekend I took part in one of those races that include obstacles. Little did I know all the mud that I would have to crawl my way through to get to that finish line. I have run half marathons but I have to say this race with the mud pits and climbing structures was one of the hardest races I have ever done. One of the best moments was seeing my girls cheering me and the other racers on. I want my girls to be inspired by the life I lead, so that one day when they’re making their own choices they have seen an example that can help show them the way. As a family we really do enjoy spending time outdoors but lets be honest, all that time outdoors sure is messy. We have a lot of laundry as a family of five so we need products that are going to keep up with us. I’m a busy mom of three so I also don’t want to overthink laundry, I’d rather just tackle the mess that’s in front of me. Luckily Tide® PODS™ Plus Downy® cleans well but also makes our clothes smell great. It allows me to get laundry done efficiently so I can get back to the moments with my family that I enjoy most.
I hope to teach my girls that even in simple ways in their everyday life they can easily be more eco-friendly. Even when it comes to something like doing laundry.

4 Simple Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips

1. SAVE WATER – One of the easiest ways to go green when doing laundry is to wash your clothes in cold water. Tide PODS® Plus Downy laundry detergent pacs dissolve in all tempatures so you can get a powerful clean even in cold water.
  2. HIGH EFFICIENCY WASHING MACHINES –  Use a detergent that works with your was hinging machine.  Tide PODS® works with both high efficiency and standard washers and provides 6x the cleaning power in half in the time.
  3. SAVE YOUR CLOTHES – Don’t spend loads of money on new clothes, keep your clothes looking like new with Downy Fabric Protect. You’ll clean, protect and condition the clothes you love to keep them looking and smelling great.
  4. DON’T BUY EXTRA PRODUCTS – Use an all in one products like Tide PODS® Plus Downy, these 4-in-1 laundry pacs have everything you need to get your clothes clean and keep them looking nice. The 4 in 1 technology means it has detergent, stain remover, brightener, and Downy Fabric Protect which means you only have to buy one laundry detergent.

You can learn more about Tide PODS Plus Downy. You can also find Tide on Facebook and Twitter.

What are some simple ways you are teaching your kiddos to be more eco-friendly?

1. Rach Ferrucci on May 22, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Tide 4 in 1 pods make it so easy to do laundry and I love that they’re eco friendly!

2. Dawn McAlexander on May 17, 2017 at 8:22 pm

I have always thought that Tide made the best laundry detergent, but my husband is allergic to it, so I can’t use it. That is a shame, too because I would love to try these Pods.

3. Katrina gehman on May 17, 2017 at 3:11 pm

i love tide pods. it has makes laundry so much easier at times.

4. Seattle Travel Blogger on May 17, 2017 at 1:32 pm

It is so right to teach children early about environmental awareness.
    And also the fact that we each can do our part.

5. Our Family World on May 17, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Doing the laundry is the most dreaded household task for me. Thankfully, there is Tide pods. It not only gets the work done, it also saves me time and money. I may need to restock on these pods. I’m all out.

6. Brianne on May 17, 2017 at 10:49 am

Laundry is my least favorite thing to do. But I do love Tide pods and have been using them forever!

7. Amanda Love on May 17, 2017 at 1:42 am

I think this is awesome. It’s great to be able to help out the environment when you do your laundry especially when it comes to conserving water and using less harmful products. Awesome tips!

8. valmg @ Mom Knows It All on May 16, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I do all of our wash in cold water except fo my youngest son’s clothes. I;ve always found Tide detergents to have a great scent, which is a must for me.

9. Sinisa on May 16, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Eco friendly brands are the best. Tide is a leader for sure. Pods are awesome.

10. Meagan on May 16, 2017 at 7:00 pm

These are great tips. We only wash with cold water.

11. Pam on May 16, 2017 at 6:16 pm

I like tha these pods dissolve in cold water. I always wash my clothes in cold water.

12. Liz Mays on May 16, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Being eco-friendly definitely needs to be a priority for my family too. I like the idea of using cold water for laundry more often.

13. Claudia Krusch on May 16, 2017 at 4:20 pm

I love to use Tide Pods. They are so easy and my clothes come out clean and fresh even in cold water.

14. Lisa Bristol on May 16, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I need to get some Tide PODS Plus Downy. I always end up using to much detergent when I have to measure it out.

15. Meagan on May 16, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Wow, how cool! I love that it’s one product with so many benefits. I’ll have to add these Tide pods to my next shopping list.

16. Jeanette on May 16, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I love that they have everything all in one pod. I love anything that is eco-friendly. I just finished up some laundry I minute ago and I am about out of laundry detergent so I may have to check out these.

17. Jen Rattie on May 16, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I have to give these pods a try. It would be nice to not have so many bottles in our laundry room shelf. Thanks for the heads up on this.

18. Colleen Lanin on May 16, 2017 at 1:50 pm

I need to pick up some 4 in 1 Tide pods. I already do all the rest of these, and we have an HE machine, so I guess we’re ahead of the game!

19. Bill Sweeney on May 16, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Great tips here. We always wash our clothes in cold water, and we use a HE machine. We actually started using these 4 in 1 pods recently, as well, and they’ve done a great job for us.

20. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on May 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm

I LOVE these 4 in 1 pods! They cut down on so much clutter in the laundry room, and they save me a ton of time.