Rugged Maniac 5k Obstacle Race & Mud Run jumping over fire

5 Lessons Learned From Completing The Rugged Maniac Race

This is a sponsored post with Depend.

I never would have thought I could do The Rugged Maniac Race and in fact going into it I was a little nervous. In life there are so many obstacles you face and yet by literally facing the obstacles set in front of me at the Rugged Maniac race I learned a lot from participating in the race.

5 Lessons Learned From Completing The Rugged Maniac Race

1. Be Prepared – It’s not a difficult race but you should know that there are obstacles you have to go over and under.
  2. Persistence Pays Off – The sacrifices are worth the outcome. Sometimes you have to step back and assess things then move forward.
  3. Fear Is Inevitable – Anything new is scary and so knowing that it’s okay to be fearful but you just have to push forward and go for it. You can’t allow fear to control your life.
  4. Don’t Give Up – It’s tempting to see a task in front of you and want to give up. Even if you fail you’ve learned a lesson from trying. I never want to have not tried my hardest.
  5. Own Your Greatness – No matter the challenges or obstacles in your help you have to own it. You can’t let anything stop you from living your life.

I was able to race on team Depend in the spirit of owning my greatness. I know that many people suffer from incontinence. It’s important to know that there are comfortable products like disposable underwear that can help you live your very best life. I’m all about not letting things hold me back and was excited to join team Depend for the race.

I also got to hang out at the Depend booth and talk to other race goers about Depend products. You can find more information and support for incontinence here

The race itself was a lot of fun. You will find 25 obstacles that will all challenge and excite you. At the start of the race we got to jump over fire, I have to say this was one of my favorite moments. It’s one of those moments of fear but you just have to let go and go for it! You will also find other obstacles like The Crag which was a lot of fun. It’s the one obstacle that is sponsored by Depend and we worked as a team to conquer The Crag!

We ended the race as a team and it was not only fun but challenging. At first I thought 3 miles was no big deal but add in the obstacles and it’s the kind of weekend fun I like to have. As I follow my journey through fitness and health and I hope to be able to challenge myself more and own my greatness.

You can find out more about the Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs on their website.

How are you owning your greatness?

1. Janet W. on June 27, 2017 at 6:40 am

Wow this looks like a crazy, yet fun race! What a great way to stay active!

2. Starla on June 22, 2017 at 6:41 pm

This looks and sounds so fun! It is a bit intimidating but with a great team you are set up to succeed! I would love to do an obstacle course one day!

3. Julie Wood on June 22, 2017 at 7:04 am

This looks really intense but fun and challenging. I think this is a great race to compete in and see how physically fit you are! Amazing!

4. Dana on June 10, 2017 at 11:08 am

Wow-good fir you on completing the Rugged maniac. I’ve been wanting to do that and you’ve inspired me.

5. Jeanine on June 3, 2017 at 7:56 am

This looks pretty amazing. I think it would be such a neat experience. I’ve never done a run before but if I did, one like this would be ideal!

6. K on May 30, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I didnt know Depends came in this form. And what a great race to be apart of!

7. Veronica on May 28, 2017 at 4:53 pm

This sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to assemble a team and do this race

8. Carol Cassara on May 28, 2017 at 11:51 am

That’s really great! I think it’s nice that you shared those lessons that you learned during the race. There’s always a lesson to be learned whenever we try and experience more of life.

9. Amanda Love on May 28, 2017 at 11:50 am

I have been in a marathon or a race for some time now and I miss the rush that you get when the day comes! I think it’s awesome that you were part of this one! I really like the lessons you shared.

10. angela milnes on May 28, 2017 at 3:42 am

It really looks so much fun and I would love to try this kind of race and it will be a great experience for sure.

11. Shannon Gurnee on May 27, 2017 at 10:35 pm

That sounds like a super fun, yet kind of scary race! I would be way afraid of jumping over the fire!

12. Kristi on May 27, 2017 at 8:38 pm

This looks like sooo much fun. Great memories for years to come. Do you think you will do more races like this, I’ve heard they are kind of addicting once you start.

13. Michelle Waller on May 27, 2017 at 2:28 pm

That sounds like a super fun race! It looks like y’all had a blast and congrats on completing it.

14. Sherry on May 27, 2017 at 1:47 pm

This looks like it was a great race. I can’t believe you had to jump over fire. But you have to face your fears. I would love to do something like this.

15. Seattle Travel Blogger on May 27, 2017 at 1:20 pm

This certainly looks like it was a challenging event! I love the picture of you jumping over the fire!
    I could see how an activity such as this would be great in building one’s courage.

16. Kita Bryant on May 27, 2017 at 10:41 am

Not giving up is a big one. I see my friend Louise in there! That looks so fun!

17. Kelly Hutchinson on May 27, 2017 at 10:02 am

This looks like it was so much fun! We did something similar last year and it was hard, but rewarding.

18. lisa on May 27, 2017 at 7:27 am

I need to let go of my fears and give one of these a try. They always look like a great time and the feeling afterward has to be amazing!

19. Tonia @TheChattyMomma on May 27, 2017 at 4:02 am

This is very cool. Congrats for doing this race. It looks like a lot of hard work, but also fun.

20. dana vento on May 27, 2017 at 1:23 am

I would highly recommend this race to anyone who wants to get out and just have a good time.

21. Theresa on May 26, 2017 at 9:37 pm

This sounds like an incredible race! Very challenging, but so rewarding once you reach the finish line!

22. gingermommyrants on May 26, 2017 at 8:42 pm

The Rugged Maniac Race looks like such a challenge. It would be scary to jump over the fire. You must have felt such a sense of accomplishment.

23. Claudia Krusch on May 26, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I would love to do The Rugged Maniac Race. I will have to look into training this summer so I can do it next year.

24. Fariha on May 26, 2017 at 8:03 pm

That looks really intense. I’m not sure I could make it through. Congratulations!

25. Randa on May 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Oh my goodness, that looks like a lot of fun. The only thing I’m not so sure about is jumping over fire. Yikes.

26. Cathi Crismon on May 26, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Team work! That’s what life is all about. What we can’t accomplish alone we can usually do with team work. Congratulations!

27. Mitch on May 26, 2017 at 4:02 pm

OMG, I love that picture of you jumping over the fire! Good for you for facing your fears! You remind me to do the same! Thanks!

28. Liz Mays on May 26, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Now this looked like an awesome challenge. I bet it felt great to work through all of those obstacles. I’ve never done a race like this!

29. Connie on May 26, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Congrats on finishing this race. It looks like a lot of fun mixed with hard work.

30. Amy L Desrosiers on May 26, 2017 at 2:45 pm

I think this was such a cool race! That fire is something else though..what if you fell in? Scary!

31. Jeni on May 26, 2017 at 1:46 pm

What a really great event. I would totally be in to doing something like this. It looks like your team was amazing.

32. Meagan on May 26, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I’m going to be super real for a second. I would probably die out there. Congrats on overcoming that course!

33. Pam Wattenbarger on May 26, 2017 at 12:43 pm

This sounds like it was a really intense race. This would be an adventure that you would remember forever!

34. Catherine Sargent on May 26, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Congratulations on finishing. This looks like fun, but I don’t know if I would jump over the fire.

35. Jeanette on May 26, 2017 at 11:59 am

I have never done one of these races but I think I would like it because I have always liked obstacle courses. I am starting a pretty rigid exercise program so I’m hoping that maybe I can do these one day. I like all your tips you have here.

36. Vera Sweeney on May 26, 2017 at 11:15 am

Oh cool! Rugged Maniac Race looks awesome! I love races like this. I’ve done several different ones, and they’re a ton of fun.

37. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on May 26, 2017 at 11:13 am

I absolutely LOVE runs like this. They’re so much fun and a GREAT way to keep us encouraged to stay healthy.

38. Sarah on May 26, 2017 at 10:58 am

What a cool, crazy event! Teamwork with this kind of stuff is awesome. It looks like you were part of a great team.

39. susan on May 26, 2017 at 10:19 am

This is so great, I would love to do something like this. Having a great team on your side, makes anything easier!

40. Rach Ferrucci on May 26, 2017 at 9:43 am

I love everything about this sooooo much! I would love to have a team and do that. You had an awesome team with you. Go You!!! I spy Louise!