Be A Hero With Bayer Aspirin

I am participating in an Ambassador program on behalf of Influence Central and hosted by by the makers of Bayer® Aspirin. I have received compensation for my participation. All opinions expressed are my own.

Did you know that every 42 seconds in the U.S. someone has a heart attack. Growing up my Grandmother had a heart condition so I was well aware of heart health all through my life. She taught me early on how to help save a life in case of heart attack and now Bayer Aspirin has started a brand new campaign to inform everyone about the risks of a heart attack. My Grandmother’s heart despite all the odds allowed her to see her great grandchildren born. Knowing that I want a healthy heart I have made an effort to become more active as a family. Making healthy choices even with my children will allow our family to lives longer and happier lives.

Bayer Aspirin wants to inspire us all to become HeroSmiths and the premise is simple, chewing aspirin during a suspected heart attack could help save a life. The problem is, who ever has aspirin around? Bayer wants to turn everyone with a common last name into a potential hero.

Here’s how it works, aspirin keeps blood from clotting so when taken during a suspected heart attack you can increase your chance of survival. Remember if you or someone you know is having a suspected heart attack you should call 911 immediately and chew or crush and swallow aspirin as directed by a doctor.

With so many people unaware of the life saving benefits of Bayer Aspirin I am thrilled to join in to help spread awareness. I have a small container attached to my keychain so I can help save a life if anyone should ever need it. I spend a lot of time at the gym and out and you never know when someone might need help. It’s also a reminder of my Grandmother and all the ways she’s inspired me to help others. I’d like to encourage you all to join in and take the pledge with me!

You can learn more on the Hero Smith website and take the pledge to carry aspirin.

Do you carry aspirin, is this something you could pledge to do?

In the event of a suspected heart attack, immediately call 9-1-1 and chew or crush and swallow aspirin as directed by a doctor.

1. Kelly Hutchinson on March 23, 2017 at 10:00 am

Such odd timing to read this post. I was just thinking of my older brother, who died of a heart attack . It was almost 8 years ago since he died. I am sure he did not know the benefits of using Bayer Aspirin. k

2. Brianne on March 22, 2017 at 5:45 am

I am a huge fan of Bayer, but didn’t know this. Now i will never leave home without it!

3. Tonia @TheChattyMomma on March 22, 2017 at 1:56 am

There should always be a bottle of aspirin on hand. It’s amazing how this can help those suffering a heart attack.

4. Myrah Duque on March 21, 2017 at 4:36 pm

So many people are allergic to aspirin, but it can definitely save a life.

5. Shannon Gurnee on March 21, 2017 at 2:01 pm

I didn’t even know that chewing Aspirin could help! Having a small bottle in your car could definitely save a life. Thanks so much for sharing.

6. Karrie Truman on March 21, 2017 at 1:51 pm

You’re totally right, we don’t carry aspirin often anymore. We don’t have a lot of medicine in general. I forget how often Bayer was handed to me as a younger kid when headaches popped up, etc.

7. Toni | Boulder Locavore on March 21, 2017 at 6:21 am

That’s really great to know! Definitely keeping some of Aspirin in my bag! Thanks for sharing this! Such a great awareness campaign!

8. MJ. L on March 21, 2017 at 6:06 am

Wow I had no idea how much this could help someone and save a life!!!

9. Veronica Solomon on March 20, 2017 at 9:00 pm

My daughter is actually allergic to aspirin, but I know it can also be a life saver

10. Jeanine on March 20, 2017 at 5:10 pm

I don’t carry aspirin but this is something I need to do. What a great idea, and you just never know so it’s a great idea to have some on hand everywhere you go. Someone may need it!

11. Annemarie LeBlanc on March 20, 2017 at 4:20 pm

I am going to get these very convenient aspirin dispensers. I am glad Bayer spearheaded this campaign. Heart disease runs in my family and we can never be too complacent with this disease. Thanks for letting me know about this.

12. Rosey on March 20, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Like you, I was aware of heart health all of my life because of a family member who had a condition. I always keep Bayer in the house too, just in case, and I keep low dose Bayer in case my aunt is visiting. 🙂

13. Pam Wattenbarger on March 20, 2017 at 2:27 pm

This is such a simple way to save a life. I generally carry aspirin around in my purse.

14. makeba on March 20, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I take aspirin everyday and carry it with me at all times. I learned firsthand how it can make a difference in an emergency.

15. Bill Sweeney on March 20, 2017 at 1:56 pm

I have a few friends with heart issues, so I will definitely start keeping a small bottle of aspirin with me. Thanks for the heads up on this.

16. Vera Sweeney on March 20, 2017 at 1:55 pm

I had no idea that Aspirin could save you WHILE you were having a heart attack I’ll have to start carrying it in my purse.

17. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on March 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Oh wow. My father takes an aspirin everyday, but I had no idea that it could save lives in an emergency.

18. robin Rue on March 20, 2017 at 1:22 pm

My husband takes aspirin every day, but I don’t carry it with me. I should start 🙂