5 Reasons You Should Get Out And Play With Your Kids

This post was sponsored by Landscape Structures as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.

Sometimes parents take for granted how the simple things mean so much. This year we’ve really made an effort to spend more time doing the things that make us happy and help grow our family. Building lasting memories with my children and feeling connected to them even when our life gets chaotic and busy, which it does. Kids need that time to play and so as the weather here in Southern California gets warm we’re spending more time at our favorite local parks. Landscape Structures’ playgrounds benefit people of all ages and abilities so each of my children have found their favorite areas. The smaller less intimidating slides are always a hit with our youngest and our oldest always heads for the monkey bars.

5 Reasons You Should Get Out And Play With Your Kids

1. Kids need to get out out and play and now more than ever with access to so much technology it’s so important to make it happen. Whenever I feel like I need to be more connected to my kids one of the best ways to alleviate feeling like that is to just get out and play!
  2. Playgrounds are great places to learn. Kids learn leadership, teamwork, and also help build social skills all from just playing at a playground.
  3. Playgrounds teach persistence. I remember when I was little I would work on the monkey bars every day until I finally got it! I see my children building those same skills at our local playground.
  4. Happy & healthy I like to mix in both everywhere I can and playing not only makes us happier but it’s also a great way to exercise.
  5. Build lasting memories, thinking back to all the moments in my life and my favorite playgrounds. I want my children to have those same memories of play.

Be sure to check out the “For A Better Tomorrow, We Play Today” video from Landscape Structures.

You can find a park near you and also be sure to visit the Landscape Structures website.

What are some of your favorite ways to get out ad play with your kids?

1. Amanda Love on April 17, 2017 at 5:35 am

It’s nice to get out and play with your kids, that’s what they’ll remember when they grow up as well. There are plenty of reasons to do so and it’s really something that the whole family will enjoy doing.

2. Kiwi on April 17, 2017 at 4:32 am

I firming believe in children going outside and getting some Vitamin D. Technology is keeping kids in the house but parents need to make it a point for kids to go out and play.

3. Dawn McAlexander on April 14, 2017 at 6:41 pm

I think it is very important to play with your kids when they are young. It helps to build a great relationship with you and your kids. That can prove to be very important as your kids grow older.

4. Wendy Polisi on April 14, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Time flies by so fast and before you know it, they’re grown up. Take every second possible!

5. Annemarie LeBlanc on April 14, 2017 at 5:50 pm

It is so much different today that it was when I was growing up. We’d jump at any chance to go out and play. Kids nowadays have to be encouraged to do so! I think it is really important for growing kids to experience the outdoors everyday if possible. It helps them grow big and strong and also teaches them social skills by learning to play with other kids their age.

6. Dogvills on April 14, 2017 at 9:27 am

Outdoor play is important for kids not only to get their exercise, but also to build healthy muscles and bones. Getting enough sunshine also helps with staying healthy.

7. Seattle Travel Blogger on April 14, 2017 at 7:50 am

I think it is real special to want your children to have the same fond memories as we do.
    The playground does a nice job of adding some exercise for the kids as well, as some away from tech time for the adults (that is, if we can actually leave our phones at home!).

8. Toni | Boulder Locavore on April 14, 2017 at 6:18 am

I agree with all these. Spending time with kids outdoor makes great memories and experiences. They also learn new things outside which can never learn at home. 🙂

9. Liz Mays on April 13, 2017 at 2:56 pm

I agree with your points! I loved going with the kids to the park and school playgrounds. We may not realize it at the time but they’re definitely learning while playing.

10. Jen Rattie on April 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm

My kids love to get out and play. MY bestie lives nearby, and our kids have played together since forever. We also have a playground nearby, as well.

11. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on April 13, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Play time is so important for the kids Getting out and moving is fun and it encourages the kids to love to move and exercise.

12. Pam Wattenbarger on April 13, 2017 at 1:27 pm

We used to go to the playground with our kids all the time. It was always so much fun for them!

13. Mitch on April 13, 2017 at 1:21 pm

I am in complete agreement. I have been lucky enough to be a stay at home dad and be able to join my son in the playground to the point that all of his friends know me, and all the other parents and I are able to support each other. There are a multitude of benefits when playing with your kid!