Bring Home Happy – Trolls Family Movie Night Ideas

This is a partnered post with DreamWorks, all opinions are my own.

When I first heard about the release of DreamWorks’ Trolls, I have to say I was more excited than my kids. Having grown up loving Trolls, I was excited to have the experience with my girls. I think we all want to relate to the Trolls, who live in a perpetual state of happiness. The Trolls love to sing and dance, and so our girls were so excited to see that the film will finally be released on Blu-ray and DVD.troll party for kids

What I loved about DreamWorks’ Trolls is that, in the end, the trolls invite the bad guy Bergen to sign and dance with them, and they all learn to live together peacefully.. I know it’s something I want my girls to appreciate and celebrate. I knew that they’d taken that lesson of kindness and including others to heart when just this week, I saw my youngest go out of her way to make sure her friend got equal time to play with the dolls during playtime at school.

This movie is all about finding your happiness. It’s a lesson I want my girls to learn and one I can easily relate to.popcorn troll party

To celebrate the the end of the week we had a fun dance party movie night complete with our own Trolls themed cupcakes.

troll cupcakes cotton candy hair

We also served popcorn in brightly colored bowls for a snack and had some sweet drinks to go with it. We also found some fun Trolls-themed goodies, so we had to enjoy those with our movie night. You can get these super cute Trolls coloring pages to enjoy while you watch your movie as well.

Our girls love to be creative in the kitchen. They like to get hands-on, so I try to plan fun snacks and activities for them to make. For our movie night, I wanted to let them be creative with some little mini pink cupcakes. I bought cotton candy for Troll hair and they enjoyed making these.

making troll cupcakes

The best thing about family movie night is just getting together and making memories as a family.  You can get your own fun copy of  DreamWorks’ Trolls with the interactive Party Mode on Blu-ray and DVD on February 7. You can also purchase the movie February 7th.

trolls movie release february 7

What are some fun things that your family does for movie night?

1. Patty on February 2, 2017 at 12:31 pm

I do love the Trolls. I have given consideration to a Troll hairdo – I think I’d look good in pink. heh. I love how the cupcakes turned out. Maybe that’s the best place to play with troll hairdos.

2. Melissa on February 2, 2017 at 11:44 am

I love these ideas- and that I can watch a movie with my kids and do some totally interactive and creative activities with them at the same time! Thanks for the inspiration!

3. Stacie on February 2, 2017 at 10:34 am

My daughters and I loved watching Trolls. It’s such a great movie. Cotton candy works wonderfully for the hair.

4. Tara on February 2, 2017 at 10:33 am

I haven’t seen this movie yet but have heard it’s good. I love those cupcakes.

5. Dawn Gibson-Thigpen on February 2, 2017 at 6:53 am

how creative. the trolls are so fun. i love the collab between them, betsy johnson and macys. so fun and cute.

6. Jocelyn Cañasa Brown on February 2, 2017 at 12:13 am

I love this! So cute! So many great ideas! And we love the Trolls movie!

7. Cat on February 1, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Trolls are the cutest!!! I love all of these movie night ideas, too! My mom and I saw the movie in theatres–I think these would be cute for a DVD party at home for sure!

8. Randa on February 1, 2017 at 9:03 pm

You are so creative! What fun ideas. I can’t wait to see this movie. My little one is going to love it.

9. Kathy on February 1, 2017 at 8:43 pm

I’m excited for this movie to come out. My girls loved this movie. I can’t wait to own it so we can continue to watch it again!

10. gingermommyrants on February 1, 2017 at 8:26 pm

A Trolls party would be so fun. It was a fantastic movie. The kids will be so excited when I bring home a copy.

11. Lisa Bristol on February 1, 2017 at 8:25 pm

These look so delicious and easy to make. I love how pretty pink they are. Perfect for a Trolls party. I will have to get the ingredients I need to make some.

12. Claudia Krusch on February 1, 2017 at 8:23 pm

We are going to have a movie night when Trolls comes out. I am surprising the kids with a bunch of treats. Mini pink cupcakes are a must have.

13. Liz Mays on February 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Your Trolls party was so fun and colorful! I like your ideas. I can’t wait to see the movie and meet the goofy characters.

14. Toni | Boulder Locavore on February 1, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Such a fun movie night ideas! My kids love Trolls when we watched in theater and I’m sure they are waiting for the DVD! They’ll surely love this news!

15. Amy Desrosiers on February 1, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Very cute little cupcakes! I know my kids would love to have a party like this!

16. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations on February 1, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Such a fun movie and party! Love it, the girls would go nuts if I set this up. Thanks for the idea.

17. Reesa Lewandowski on February 1, 2017 at 5:46 pm

We can’t wait to see the movie again (and again and again)!! What a pretty tablescape with the colors!

18. Jeni Hawkins on February 1, 2017 at 3:09 pm

How fun!!! The hands on idea is brilliant! I’m sure the kids had a blast making these snacks! Maybe they want to share them with MEEEE?! lol

19. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on February 1, 2017 at 12:08 pm

I love these ideas. I always try to do something special for movie night, especially when it’s a movie that my family and I loved as much as TROLLS. Thanks for sharing these.

20. Jeanette on February 1, 2017 at 11:07 am

I love what you did! You are so creative! When we do a movie night we will eat dinner and then have a snack with a drink I’ll cuddled underneath a blanket. It’s one of my favorite things.

21. Heather @ Kraus House Mom on February 1, 2017 at 10:50 am

We make a giant bowl of popcorn and set up a “picnic” area. I also make sure there is candy available, just like the movies.

22. robin Rue on February 1, 2017 at 10:49 am

You have some awesome movie night ideas here. I am going to use some of these when we get the DVD!