I’m sharing #PrepH in my life as part of a Preparation H sponsored series for Socialstars™
When I first started at the gym I quickly realized that I was in fact, at the wrong gym. I realized first that I needed to find a gym that would not only push me to be my best but also keep my interest. Sometimes the hardest part of just getting active is making sure you’re excited and stimulated. That’s why I found things that I enjoyed doing at the gym. It started with a zumba class 7 years ago and since then it’s bene one of the most beneficial things I have ever decided to do for myself. Dancing not only makes me smile but it allows me to bond with others who like the same things and allows me to exercise in a way that brings me joy.
I was always very afraid of the weights in the gym and I was shocked to find out how many other people felt that same way at first. You have to find ways to overcome those gym jitters and you’ll find that you might actually….GASP…..enjoying your workout.
- Find Your Joy – Find something that bring you joy and be committing to going. Start with a class at a local gym and don’t be afraid to walk into a class by yourself. You’ll find that the people who know one another routinely are in class and that’s totally normal, you’ll quickly find that you fit right in!!
- If You Don’t Know, Ask – This was my thing, I was always too afraid to ask anyone for help. You’ll never get the things you don’t ask for so if you’re insure of how to use a machine ask someone. You’ll find loads of experience and people who are willing to help you right within your own gym. Your gym may also have services like trainers and they can help you get better quainter with your gym and the machines in it.
- Lift Weights – I know it sounds crazy but you should be using every area of the gym. If you are not you’re not working our properly. Get in and lift weights, never be too afraid to try something new!
- Write It Down – Half of knowing what you are doing at the gym or with lifting weights is knowing what to do. Write your workouts down. You can track progress and also know what to get done if you keep a record.
- It Get Embarrassing – Lets face it working out is embarrassing, between being careful jumping up and down too much or even those dreaded things that happen when you reach your max weight training like hemorrhoids. No one warns you about these things so officially consider yourself warned. Just know that unexpected things will happen and it’s okay. I actually laugh at myself often while I workout especially when I’m being lazy and struggling with my form. 😀
Lets face it, sometimes bettering ourselves is also a little embarrassing. Hemorrhoids are things that no one warns you about you know when it happens to you. Preparation H® Medicated Wipes can be used for gentle, everyday cleansing to reduce irritation. Keeping the area clean also reduces skin damage so using a product like Preparation H® Medicated Wipes is very helpful. They’re flushable and sooth and help to reduce irritation when you need it most.
What are your favorite simple tips for getting over the gym jitters?