Spread Kindness To Cancer Patients

We are happy to partner with Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. on this project all opinions are my own.

I think we have all known someone who has been personally affected by cancer. There are a few who I have lost and there are a few who are battling now that are close to my heart. My neighbor is one of those ladies. She always helps out, she’s the one at Christmas who bakes and shares delicious cookies, she is just one of those women who has lived a long life. Her Grandchildren aren’t around much so I’ll catch her watching the kids outside. Lately she’s been battling an infection after going through chemo. It’s devastating for her to feel so bad so I wanted to just share with her how much we care about the little things that she does. So we brought her a gift basket to surprise her with at the hospital.

We were encouraged to gift her with a basket because of the Spread Kindness To Cancer Patients Program. The program is just a small attempt to put a smile on the faces of people who are battling cancer. You can participate by creating a gift basket that will support and encourage cancer patients by helping when they need it the most. When they are struck with cancer they loose income, the ability to cook and clean, any kind of help will be welcomed and much needed for them. Be kind and bring a smile on their face. Bringing them a meal they cannot prepare anymore means so much for them and their families.

Instead of bringing her a meal to the hospital we did show up and give our neighbor a gift basket full of some things that might bring a smile to her day. Her favorite chocolate bar, a water bottle, some hand lotions and things I know she will enjoy. There were also a number of gift cards, coffee which she really enjoys, a gift card to purchase a movie on her phone, a gift card for a meal delivery service that will bring her a months worth of fresh fruits and veggies and a gift card to a local house cleaner to help her get her house nice and clean when she gets back home.

I hear people say all the time to me that it takes a village and it really does so I’m living by that and finding simple ways to bring happiness to those who are sick. Thanks to Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. for helping to spread kindness.

Could you find a simple way to spread kindness to a cancer patient?

1. Rajee Pandi on January 30, 2017 at 4:34 pm

so amazing

2. Betsy Barnes on January 30, 2017 at 10:29 am

Such a great idea to spread kindness! I like to read to kids at our local food bank, it helps their parents, pick up food and it’s a fun way to help!

3. Robin Rue on January 19, 2017 at 12:41 pm

This is such an amazing way to spread a little happiness. Just a little light in someones day can make all the difference.

4. Rust on January 19, 2017 at 10:49 am

Efforts like this are so important and so valuable and affect everyone in such a positive way, not just the individual but it also raises community standards. Wonderful program!

5. Natalie on January 17, 2017 at 8:01 pm

This brought a tears to my eyes, this is an amazing thing to do. This is incredibly sweet of you to do.

6. coolchillmom on January 17, 2017 at 3:26 pm

It does take a village and example as yours. Thanks for the inspiration. I can’t wait to do my part

7. Kendra on January 17, 2017 at 8:59 am

This is such an awesome program! You’re amazing for sharing this info with us! It’ll definitely put a smile on someone’s face!

8. Rosie on January 17, 2017 at 8:26 am

I like to bring magazines, and sometimes a subscription. If you know the person pretty well, it is easier to make up a gift basket more personal yet very useful. A trip to CVS and handy supplies can’t hurt, too.

9. Julie Wood on January 17, 2017 at 6:17 am

What a great way to spread cheer to those fighting cancer. Anytime a relative or friend reaches out to those suffering with this disease means so much to the family and person going through cancer treatment.

10. Jeanine on January 17, 2017 at 6:15 am

Such a great idea. I think its wonderful to go and spread such kindness. Cancer touches so many and they could all use a little pick me up!

11. Terri Beavers on January 17, 2017 at 4:26 am

You are such an inspiration. I’d love to spread kindness myself and often wondered how I could do that. I’m going to make some baskets to take to our local nursing home.

12. Janet W. on January 17, 2017 at 4:12 am

That is an amazing way to spread kindness. When I had breast cancer years ago, an organization brought me a cute breast cancer bear that I still have displayed in my bedroom. It was such a kind gesture.

13. travel blogger on January 17, 2017 at 3:58 am

This is such an amazing idea! I always want to find more ways to give back to those in need, but I am never quite sure. This is a wonderful way to help those struggling with cancer.

14. Hey Sharonoox on January 16, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Great article! It’s nice to hear organizations out there that helps spread kindness for a good cause. It’s true that it takes a village to raise a child.

15. lindsay on January 16, 2017 at 5:19 pm

What a kind and thoughtful gesture! I’m sure she will really appreciate all of the thought you put into the basket.