Making Mealtime Memorable – Heart Shaped Lunchbox Idea

Growing up I was such a busy kid. From the moment I woke up until I went to bed there was always some fun to be had and so I always remember lunch as one of my favorite meals. Mostly the memorable lunches with my favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I remember the hot summers as a kid my sister and I would sit outside with our pb&j and a cold glass of milk. When I think about my girls I also want to make sure they are creating lasting memories.  Lunch os one of those meals that I get to have a lot of fun with and it’s something my girls also enjoy being involved in.

Teaching them to be resourceful and creative we enjoy creating things in the kitchen. With our girls headed back to school this week we wanted to create something special with our own heart shaped version of peanut butter and jelly. We also included some of our other favorite things like yogurt and berries. We shopped at our local Target and got our favorite Smucker’s and Jif products on Cartwheel for 5% off.

Heart Shaped Lunchbox IdeaIngredients –

We started first with the bread. Use different sized heart cookie cutters for this. You could do any shape of sandwhich though.

Then we started to cut out heart shapes. Spread the bottom break with the Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread and then the top layer with the Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.

Then just top and serve along side some strawberry yogurt and berries. We just cut the strawberry to look like a heart and topped the yogurt.

Our girls also love salad so we topped a small salad with a cheese and cut out a heart she. It’s so simple and fresh and easy and fun. The peanut butter and jelly sandwich is totally unique and something my daughter enjoyed coming up with.

Remember right now you can save 5% off on your favorite Smucker’s and Jif products at Target!!!

What are your favorite memorable lunch ideas?

1. Lee Orlian on February 8, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Come on! This is so sweet and adorable! I’m going to prepare this for both of my daughters. They are going to love it!

2. Sarah L on January 27, 2017 at 11:54 pm

Such a fun, cute and memorable idea.

3. heather on January 21, 2017 at 6:13 pm

This is such an adorable idea for Valentine’s Day thank you for sharing this one.

4. Christy G. on January 18, 2017 at 7:02 pm

That is such a lovely idea. I’d like to try it myself. Thanks for posting!

5. Jessica Beard on January 17, 2017 at 1:36 pm

This looks like such a fun lunch. I’m going to make it for my kiddos.

6. Melissa on January 10, 2017 at 8:43 am

My son eats a PB & J every single night! He would love if I served it to him in a heart shape- thanks for this great idea for Valentine’s day!

7. Rosie on January 10, 2017 at 8:14 am

I love anything with hearts, and how adorable this is. It would be so nice as a surprise! I’d love to try it!

8. Toni | Boulder Locavore on January 10, 2017 at 12:26 am

This is an adorable idea! Kids will surely get excited for lunchtime! Definitely trying this idea.

9. mommyblogexpert on January 9, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Now that’s what I call a PB&J sandwich with heart, such a clever idea. ! I think I’m going to make some for a midnite snack since I own all kinds of heart shaped cookie cutters.

10. Dawn McAlexander on January 9, 2017 at 8:27 pm

That is so sweet, it almost made me cry. I love your heart shaped lunch box idea. That really shows a mom who cares 🙂

11. Kathy on January 9, 2017 at 7:21 pm

This is such a great idea. My girls would love this for lunch. I just love all the hearts.

12. Lisa Bristol on January 9, 2017 at 6:47 pm

It is always fun to put a little surprise like this in the kids lunch box. I bought some edible markers so I can draw on their sandwiches.

13. Ann Bacciaglia on January 9, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I love to mix things up with the kids lunches. This is an adorable sandwich idea. My Daughter will love it.

14. Claudia Krusch on January 9, 2017 at 6:45 pm

This is such a cute lunch idea. I am always looking for ways to make the kids lunches a little special. I will have to try this for tomorrows lunch.

15. Liz Mays on January 9, 2017 at 6:43 pm

This is the cutest Valentine’s Day lunch idea ever! Everything looks delicious too. I love how you did the bread!

16. Ash Sears on January 9, 2017 at 5:56 pm

I guess I need to invest in a heart shaped cutter. My kids would love to see this surprise!

17. Sarah Bailey on January 9, 2017 at 5:55 pm

This is really super cute! With Valentine’s Day coming up this would be the perfect lunch for a little one.

18. Amy Desrosiers on January 9, 2017 at 5:48 pm

I think this is a really cute idea! i plan on making a PB & chocolate one like this soon for my girls.

19. Tara on January 9, 2017 at 1:08 pm

What a fun idea for lunch. I love the strawberry hearts with the yogurt.

20. Pam Wattenbarger on January 9, 2017 at 11:53 am

What a cute little themed lunchbox for Valentine’s Day! I loved making special lunches like this for my kids when they were younger.

21. Dana Rodriguez on January 9, 2017 at 11:24 am

That is such a cute idea. This is perfect for Valentine’s Day!

22. Jeanette on January 9, 2017 at 9:07 am

This is a cute idea! I like to surprise my son with different things for lunch. I think I might try something like this for him.

23. Reesa Lewandowski on January 9, 2017 at 8:43 am

If you cut into a shape, my kids will eat it. LOL! I love these ideas for Valentine’s Day! So cute! And your little chef looks like she had a lot of fun helping!

24. Julie Wood on January 9, 2017 at 6:10 am

My daughter would go nuts over this lunch box idea. I want to make it for her and surprise her for Valentine’s Day. Your lunch box sure looks so pretty.

25. Janet W. on January 9, 2017 at 4:55 am

This is such a cute idea to make a special lunch for my grandsons!

26. shelly peterson on January 9, 2017 at 1:21 am

What a super cute and fun lunch idea! I love the heart cut outs.