5 Things Your Family Must Do When You Visit Anaheim

This post brought to you by Visit Anaheim. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Our Ordinary Life.

Family Activities in Anaheim, CA Orange County

We enjoy traveling as a family and are always trying new things so we like to try and better explore the cities that we visit. At every turn,there are so many unexpected things to do in Anaheim. When visiting Anaheim – prepare for the unexpected. After a long day of theme park excitement, a cold beer from one of Anaheim’s many local breweries is much welcomed after a long day.  Everything is Anaheim is designed to inspire the imagination of each and every visitor.visit anaheim, ca promenade downtown

We had such a fun trip to Anaheim and found there are things that families must experience that are great ways to make memories together. One of things your family must do is plan an extra day to explore. If you are coming for a theme park might I suggest you start your day in the most unique way with a buffet breakfast at Storytellers Cafestoryteller cafe disneyland disneys grand californian hotel spaAfter enjoy your day at the parks might we suggest dinner at one of the craft breweries in the area? You’ll find that Anaheim has some really great food spots and a craft brew scene which is the perfect place to end the day. karl strauss brewing company anaheim, ca scross from angle stadium

Book a stay at Castle Inn, you’re close to everything that Anaheim has to offer. Our girls just loved this hotel and we were able to see so much. castle inn suites disneyland anaheim ca

On your day to explore the city we have to suggest that you start your day at Swing It! Trapeze. A fun experience for the entire family, you’ll find yourself upside down in no time. I also liked that they had things our youngest could interact with.  swingit trapeze lessons classes downtown anaheim, caOur girls really enjoyed starting the day here and we had so much fun. It was a first for us all and such a fun experience.

8 year old at swingit trapeze lessons classes downtown anaheim, ca orange county
Then head to lunch at the Anaheim Packing District. The two level Packing House features a large central atrium with communal dining surrounded by cafes and kiosks of varying sizes as well as outdoor picnic gardens and a building-length dining porch looking out to the outdoor marketplace, Farmers’ Park. We stopped in for lunch and everyone found something they really liked. It was fun and inviting and a place we can’t wait to go back to.

One thing I like to do with our girls is to spend moments doing things that they will always remember. You don’t have to go very far to have a great time, even better to have a memorable time! anaheim-packing-district-the-packing-house-lots-food-2

After lunch it’s time to make more memories with ice skating at The Rink. This was a highlight for me since as a kid I spent a lot of time ice skating. It was fun to do that with my daughter and make memories together. the rink downtown anaheim, ca ice skating

There are so many great things to do in Anaheim. Explore the Visit Anaheim website to learn more. Also be sure to check out the Visit Anaheim on Instagram.

What are your favorite off the beaten path family activities when you travel?

Visit Sponsors Site

1. Christina Aliperti on December 12, 2016 at 1:56 am

We have never been to Anaheim but it looks like a fun place to go as a family. I love a place that has things for everyone to enjoy.

2. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane on December 9, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I just love all of the posing. So cute! Looks like everyone had so much fun. I have never been to Anaheim. Might have to add that to my travel list.

3. Brianne on December 9, 2016 at 3:10 am

Your trip looked like so much fun. We have friends who live there and have been talking about doing a trip there soon! Great info!

4. Rosey on December 8, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Anaheim has been on my list for awhile now. It’s nice to have the inside look.

5. Dawn McAlexander on December 8, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Anaheim seems like a fun place to visit. I would like to go there someday. I am sure I would love it.

6. Ann Bacciaglia on December 8, 2016 at 10:57 am

My kids would love to spend the day at Swing It! Trapeze. I would love to try it myself.

7. Ourfamilyworld on December 8, 2016 at 8:12 am

So cute to see those kids playing with fun. These is really great to visit. I hope i can get there with my family.

8. Ourfamilyworld on December 8, 2016 at 8:10 am

They looks so good and they having fun and enjoying. So wonderful to see mom playing with her kids. So lovely.

9. Seattle Travel Blogger on December 8, 2016 at 8:00 am

It is so cute that your little girls are already into posing for pictures!

This looks like a great destination to check out.

10. Toni | Boulder Locavore on December 8, 2016 at 7:00 am

Looks like you are all having fun! I had no idea there can be so many things to do in Anaheim. Thanks for sharing these!

11. Kelly Hutchinson on December 8, 2016 at 6:33 am

I have never been to Anaheim. It looks like such an awesome place to visit. Hope to make it there one day.

12. Cinny on December 7, 2016 at 10:18 pm

I’ve always wanted to try out trapeze! This would be right up my alley.

13. Theresa on December 7, 2016 at 9:16 pm

We are actually planning a family trip there for next summer. Thank you for the suggestions on what to do. I I think my girls would LOVE the trapeze and I’d love staying in the Castle Inn & Suites!

14. Reesa Lewandowski on December 7, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Anaheim sounds wonderful!!! I’d love to visit one day!

15. Kelly on December 7, 2016 at 6:09 pm

It looks like you guys all had a blast! My kids would just love swinging on the trapeze – looks like a lot of fun.

16. Meagan on December 7, 2016 at 7:03 pm

These look like some really fun options. We have never visited Anaheim.

17. Pam Wattenbarger on December 7, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Castle Inn sounds like a great place to stay. We have never been to Anaheim.

18. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 7, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this! Anaheim has never really been on my travel radar, to be honest. It certainly is now, though.