When You’re Too Sick – New Home Visit’s Feature by Providence Health & Services

This is a sponsored post with Providence Express Care. All opinions are my own.

We’ve all had those days when our kids get sick or we get sick and we have to see a doctor. Sometimes the hardest part of your kids being so sick is just getting to the doctor’s office. I know that when my girls were younger having two little ones sick at the same time we often spent many miserable hours inside the doctor’s office.

If you work full time, then it becomes nearly impossible to avoid the super early walk-ins or late night visits available often just once a week.  So, wouldn’t it be nice to see a health practitioner right inside your home, when it’s convenient for you?  That’s exactly what Providence Express Care aims to do with their new at home care. It’s like a throwback to another era when house calls were the norm!

The best part is most insurance plans cover the visits, so your cost will just be your copay just like when you go to a clinic.

providence health express house calls

You may recall my prior blog regarding HealtheXpress (now Express Care Virtual) and it’s super convenient service to see a health practitioner online. Well with this additional option, Providence Express Care at Home they bring the care of a live health professional provider directly to your home seven days a week.

Also the hours are between 8a.m.noon and 8 p.m., which means you will see a registered nurse practitioner at your home for a same-day visit.

It’s nice to get hassle free scheduling and be able to see a trusted health professional. That means that never again do I have to take my miserable little one to an office when she’s feeling her worst. It also helps prevent the spread of illness to others and allows me to keep them home to rest and recover.

Healthexpress Express Care aAt Home Care professionalsproviders treat the following conditions:

providence health at home care

Providence Express Care at Home providers give you that care typically found in a traditional doctor’s office—all from the comfort of home. It’s great for families and I like that now, here in Southern California this is an option for busy families like ours.

You can learn more on their website and request a home visit.

Would you ever consider requesting a home visit from a trusted healthcare provider?

1. Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) on November 3, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I’d love a house call. We moved a little further away from our pediatrician, so I usually only go when we’re nearby. This would be much more convenient.

2. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane on November 3, 2016 at 10:53 am

This is so cool. Times changed so much that Drs quit making housecalls. There are days when I dont want to go out in public when I don’t feel well so this is perfect.

3. Tonya on November 3, 2016 at 9:53 am

This is such a great idea! I’d much rather have a doctor come to my home than have me drag myself out of the house for an appointment when I feel like crap!

4. Rosey on November 3, 2016 at 3:50 am

What an easy way to help keep you on the right health track. I would definitely consider it!

5. Amanda Love on November 2, 2016 at 11:08 pm

That’s a great idea, having professionals come to your home instead of going to the hospital. It’s convenient and it saves you the hassle of falling in line just to see a doctor.

6. Crystal on November 2, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Such a great feature! My dad had a doctor make a house call, and I thought it was so amazing. I am so grateful there is still the opportunity to get in-home care.

7. Kiwi on November 2, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Digital house calls. I love this concept and I had a moment this year I could make it to the hospital until the next day so I can see how useful this is!

8. Seattle Travel Blogger on November 2, 2016 at 11:39 am

Now this is the ultimate in convenience! One’s health should be at the top of the list and this keeps up the focus.

9. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on November 2, 2016 at 4:23 am

This sounds like a great service! I think this is an awesome idea for kids that are afraid to go to hospitals. My kids will surely love this too!

10. Felicia on November 1, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I love the idea of this. Life is busy enough as it is!

11. Pam on November 1, 2016 at 5:52 pm

This is so cool! I love the idea of virtual doctor’s visits but this is perfect for stuff that can’t be diagnosed or treated that way.

12. Catherine Sargent on November 1, 2016 at 1:33 pm

This sounds like a great service. I would love to have someone come to my house instead of having to leave when I am sick.

13. Jen Rattie on November 1, 2016 at 12:53 pm

This is the most awesome idea in the history of ideas. There are so many times that I’ve had to drag either my crusty butt or my kids’ crusty butts to the doctor, which made the entire thing even more miserable.

14. Colleen Lanin on November 1, 2016 at 12:52 pm

I love this! I have no interest in dragging my crusty self out to the doctor if I only FEEL like I’m dying.

15. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 1, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Oh wow. House calls have gone the way of the dodo even down here in the south. This is amazing!