Mandarin Cranberry Candied Yams

This is a sponsored post with Evite, all opinions are my own. #PasstheGiving

One of my favorite things about this time of year is getting to come together with my family. Be it family who lives far or family who lives nearby it’s just nice to spend special holidays together. I find that even in the kitchen growing up I was making memories with my Grandparents and Aunts in the kitchen. Watching them cooking, helping out wherever I could. I want my girls to have those same memories of growing up. Sure we’ll do things our own way like taking my Grandmother’s yam recipe and putting my own favorite spin on it.

new twists on thanksgiving classics

Evite is all about building traditions old and new, whether you’re starting from scratch or finding a way to make a longtime family tradition your own. This is exactly what I hope to do with my girls and I’m thrilled to come together with Evite to share the table and pass the giving. You can download the free guide to start with your own holiday planning.

Mandarin Cranberry Candied Yams Recipe

• 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
  • 4 TBSP Butter
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 TSP Allspice
  • 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 1/2 cup mandarins
  1. start this recipe by peeling and boiling the sweet potatoes for 7 minutes until slightly soft.
  2. Then drain the water and add the butter and brown sugar and spices on medium heat until the butter is melted. 1
  3. Add in the sweet potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
  4. Add in the pecan, cranberries and mandarins and cook for another 4 minutes until cranberries just start to pop open.

This side dish remind me of my Grandmother’s sweet potato recipe. Her recipe always had apples and pecans in it so it was a little bitter form the apples and yet still so sweet. I loved all the textures and flavors so she inspired me to created my own version.

When I think about holidays it’s all about coming together and creating lasting memories. From our favorite foods to creating new family traditions I just want to spend as much time with my family creating these memories together. I hope one day they’ll be just as inspired by their favorite dishes to create their very own versions.

You can learn more about Evite and create your own holiday invitations on their website. Also be sure to download and check out the free Thanksgiving Planning Guide.

What are some dishes you have made your own?2

1. Rosie on January 13, 2017 at 7:27 am

This sounds amazing! I love all these things separately, they are some of my favs, it is a great idea combining them this way. I want to try it!

2. Julie Wood on December 14, 2016 at 7:45 am

The Mandarin Cranberry Candied Yams Recipe looks so delicious and fun to make for the Holidays. I like how easy it is to make and it looks delicious!

3. shelly peterson on December 13, 2016 at 8:59 pm

This recipe looks really good. I would never have thought to use sweet potatoes and cranberries together.

4. Christina Aliperti on November 21, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I love this twist on a classic dish. I love to add something new to a favorite dish to just give it something extra and this is perfection!

5. Kiwi on November 20, 2016 at 11:36 pm

I love me some Candied Yams. This is different with the cranberries I would definitely try this!

6. Nicole Escat on November 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Looks yummy and of course, healthy! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the Philippines. =)

7. Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) on November 18, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Cranberries are what I’m looking forward to most for Thanksgiving. Second on my list is – gravy.

8. Amanda Love on November 17, 2016 at 11:53 pm

This sounds so good! I would love to try this at home. It’s a lovely dish that’s perfect for the Holidays!

9. Cassie Tucker on November 17, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I love both yams and cranberries with my Thanksgiving dinner, but have never thought about combining them. I think I will be giving this a try in this year’s feast!

10. Rosey on November 17, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I’ve never had yams. Your embellishments here though, make me curious to try them!

11. Louise Bishop on November 17, 2016 at 2:05 pm

These are some of the best yams I’ve seen yet. Love how you added the cranberries!

12. Melissa @ Married My Sugar Daddy on November 17, 2016 at 10:20 am

What a fantastic side dish to add to my thanksgiving feast! I can’t wait to try this recipe this holiday season, I truly love your twist on the candied yams recipe!

13. Kelly Hutchinson on November 17, 2016 at 9:06 am

WOW! That looks so delicious! I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving dinner!

14. Seattle Travel Blogger on November 17, 2016 at 3:51 am

This looks like a great side dish to incorporate into the traditional dinner.
    I will have to share this with my dad – he loves to cook.

15. Janell Poulette on November 16, 2016 at 9:40 pm

These looks so good, especially with the cranberries. I don’t usually make my own recipes, I am an avid recipe follower, mostly of my mom and grandmas that I am afraid to change lol.

16. Theresa on November 16, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Thanksgiving isn’t the same unless mom is making yams. Hers never look this good though! I am emailing her the recipe as a little hint for this year 🙂

17. Reesa Lewandowski on November 16, 2016 at 6:32 pm

That looks delicious! All of my favorite flavors!

18. Pam on November 16, 2016 at 6:14 pm

I have never thought of putting mandarins in a holiday dish like this. What a tasty idea.

19. Meagan on November 16, 2016 at 4:28 pm

We have never made yams. This sounds good enough that we may have to try it this year.

20. Catherine Sargent on November 16, 2016 at 2:21 pm

This looks so yummy. I can’t wait to make this for Thanksgiving. I am always looking for new recipes.

21. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 16, 2016 at 10:41 am

That looks so good! Candied yams are a biggie for us at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I love this healthier twist on them. Thanks!