Giving Simple Gifts That Create Lasting Memories

This is a partnered post with Disney/Pixar all opinions are our own.

red wood forest hugging giant redwood 20 feet wide trunk

I remember moments during my childhood that really impacted me. Family traditions, movies, even my favorite snacks all bring me back to special moments in my life. I remember the first movie

that I feel really impacted my view on the world and made me a kinder person. Being a foster child myself my own children know that family is not always about blood. It’s about who loves you and proves that they are there. My hope for my girls and my family and friends is that they too can create lasting moments together that really bond us together.

We’ve made a lot of memories with Disney, from family movie nights to finding ourselves in a forest of massive trees on an adventure on our way to the Disney theme parks. That’s why when we saw Pete’s Dragon I knew it was one of those movies that not only would inspire adventure but that would also inspire our girls in other ways. That it would impact on their hearts, and I can say after we saw the movie our girls reflected back on how it impacted them. Both realizing that we have to speak up for the things that are right, and we must be kind. It’s these lasting moments that I know will make my girls more empathetic and understanding as they grow older.

disney petes dragon blue ray

That’s why I so badly want to pass this gift on to our closest friends and fill their children with that same sense of adventure and loving spirit. It’s those simple gifts form the heart that actually mean so much and so we had a lot of fun creating this simple movie night gift basket with with Pete’s Dragon On Blu-ray™, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere. I started out with finding a usable bowl to create the gift basket and I filled it with movie night snacks like popcorn and candy, cozy socks and a copy of Pete’s Dragon.

I like putting together my own gift baskets because you can really personalize it. Clear plastic wrap and some ribbon and a bow and you really have such a unique gift idea. It’s one of those gifts you’re really excited to give because you know they’re going to truly enjoy it and create those lasting memories.

creating movie gift basket hand for others

This holiday season it’s all about creating lasting moments together with my family so I’m giving gifts from the heart like this movie night gift basket.

homemade gift basket DIY

Elliot Gets Lost Book Offer

Disney Movie Rewards also has a special promotion going on when you purchase the film through Disney Movie Rewards you can also purchase the ‘Elliot Gets Lost’ children’s book from the film at an exclusive price.

You can get Pete’s Dragon On Blu-ray™, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere just in time for the holidays!

What are some simple gifts from the heart that you like to give your loved ones?

1. Sarah Bailey on December 3, 2016 at 11:46 am

This is such a great way to create a gift with memories. What an awesome gift basket!

2. Dawn Lopez on December 3, 2016 at 12:39 am

You put together a really great gift basket for movie night fun! I know my family would enjoy receiving that gift for Christmas or any time.

3. Lisa on December 2, 2016 at 9:57 pm

This is exactly what I want for my children at the holidays too – the memories and simpleness. Thank you for the great reminder, and Pete’s Dragon is under our tree already. 😉

4. Brianne on December 1, 2016 at 11:45 am

What a great idea! I am all about the simple things in life!

5. Christina Aliperti on December 1, 2016 at 12:19 am

This is a wonderful idea! I love a simple gift that really comes from the heart and brings people together.

6. Dawn McAlexander on November 30, 2016 at 7:37 pm

This is such a good idea. I know some big movie fans in my family. They would really appreciate a gift basket like this for Christmas.

7. Crystal on November 30, 2016 at 1:23 pm

We just adored Pete’s Dragon. The soundtrack was phenomenal, and the new take on a beloved story was wonderful. Can’t wait to bring it home.

8. Toni | Boulder Locavore on November 30, 2016 at 6:38 am

This is a great idea! I love receiving simple gifts and sending simple but sweet gifts with lots of love. 🙂

9. Ann Bacciaglia on November 29, 2016 at 8:58 pm

A movie night gift basket is a great gift idea. I love to make new memories with my family.

10. Theresa on November 29, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I have heard such amazing things about Pete’s Dragon. I can’t wait to see it with my family on one of our movie nights this winter. I love the gift basket and think that any Disney fan would be thrilled to receive it!

11. Kristi on November 29, 2016 at 8:13 pm

What a fun idea. I like to give experiences or memberships to things. Always a hit with friends and family.

12. Christie on November 29, 2016 at 6:04 pm

I love personalized gift baskets for the holidays too! Glad to see Pete’s Dragon is here in time for gifting. We loved that movie

13. Reesa Lewandowski on November 29, 2016 at 5:58 pm

I love this idea! There is nothing better than family memories! I need to get this movie!

14. Liz Mays on November 29, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I think that gift basket is perfect for creating memorable family moments. Simple movie nights with the family are so fun.

15. Cassie Tucker on November 29, 2016 at 3:57 pm

The simple gifts usually are the most memorable, aren’t they? My husband tells me about a past Christmas where he got a lot of stuff, but he can only remember the first CD that he got that year and how much it meant to him.

16. Pam on November 29, 2016 at 3:57 pm

I remember loving the original Pete’s Dragon movie. I really need to get around to watching the remake.

17. Colleen Lanin on November 29, 2016 at 12:47 pm

I love this idea! My husband is a huge fan of movie night. We love to sit with the kids and watch movies at least once a week.

18. Jen Rattie on November 29, 2016 at 12:13 pm

That’s a great idea for anyone who loves movie night. I love that you included everything needed for an awesome movie night. That’s pretty sweet.

19. Stacie in Atlanta on November 29, 2016 at 12:06 pm

That’s a great idea. Disney movies are always a great choice, and Pete’s Dragon was absolutely one of the best films Disney has put out in a long time.