5 Ways to Motivate Kids to Do Chores

This post was sponsored by COUNTRY Financial® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.

chorepal-app-tween-vacuumingLets be perfectly honest, kids aren’t usually dying to get their chores done. All too often I find myself asking for simple tasks to be done over and over again. That is until I found the COUNTRY Financial® ChorePal App. The ChorePal App has made chores exciting and fun and has allowed our girls to easily track the chores they complete and the rewards they earn all within the app.

Our tween is very responsible and likes to be given tasks but she’s just like every other kid and would rather do anything else besides do her chores. That’s why the ChorePal App has been very successful for her, she’s able to see her tasks and quickly be rewarded for doing them. chorepal-app

5 Ways to Motivate Kids to Do Chores

1. Make your kids feel like they’re a part of something bigger than themselves. Telling them about responsibility and praising your children whenever you see them acting in a manner that is responsible.
  2. Make it fun! Kids love to play so make doing chores fun by pretending to be robots cleaning the living room or dance while cleaning the windows in the bathroom.
  3. Try to be less demanding. It’s not easy but using language that will help guide your children into their chores will help you both feel less stressed. Like a gentle reminder when it might be time to feed the family pet and it really does allow your children to feel independent.
  4. Look at your family as a team and allow your children to find their place with staying organized. Praise them for helping out the family and acknowledge when they need to do better. Staying organized will allow your children to complete chores in a timely manner.
  5. Use helpful tools whenever you can. Parenting can be rough so you have to pick your battles wherever you can. Using tools like the COUNTRY Financial® ChorePal App will help your children stay organized and on task as they work through their chores. This also allows them to earn rewards and easily track what needs to be completed.

chorepal-app-cleaning

One of the things our girls like most about the COUNTRY Financial® ChorePal App is that they can earn rewards and easily track their chores. I find they are more excited to get the chores done and they’re excited about earning points and badges within the app. Earn enough points and they’ll earn a reward. I like that I can easily set daily and weekly chores that need to be done.

I have found it’s also a good reminder for my kids. They’ve started to just check the app to see what chores need to be done all without me having to ask time and time again. chorepal-app-kid-feed-pets

Your family can get started today by downloading the ChorePal App.

What are some easy ways that you motivate your kids to do chores?

1. Sarah Bailey on November 9, 2016 at 8:44 am

Rewarding children for chores is always a great incentive to get them helping. This looks like a great app!

2. Amanda Love on November 7, 2016 at 2:23 am

This chore app is a great way to keep track of the chores around the house that you’ve encouraged your kids to do. How awesome! You can make a reward system out of it too.

3. Ann Bacciaglia on November 6, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Money was always a great motivator for my kids to do chores. Our chore chart had different jobs that needed to be done and a price for doing it. The kids loved this system.

4. Reesa Lewandowski on November 5, 2016 at 7:10 pm

I need this to motivate my kids! It is so hard to get them to do chores.

5. Louise Bishop on November 5, 2016 at 5:37 pm

I always reward my children. This app is SO neat!!

6. Kita Bryant on November 5, 2016 at 5:36 pm

I love the tip about making them feel a part of something. It’s so true, make them feel important!

7. Annemarie LeBlanc on November 5, 2016 at 5:35 pm

I’ve read about this app and I think it is a great way to motivate kids to do chores. Mine are all grown up now, so I guess I have to let my daughter in on this so she can start teaching her kids the importance of helping around the house. The app makes it more fun for both parent and child!

8. Melissa@thestatenislandfamily.com on November 5, 2016 at 5:28 pm

These are great tips and getting this app sounds like one more tool I can use in my “get my kids to do their chores” toolbox!

9. Jeanine on November 5, 2016 at 7:31 am

We use apps, the reward system and sometimes I am not above bribing! This looks like a great app, and like it would help heaps getting them to do what they need to do!

10. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on November 5, 2016 at 7:16 am

This app is really cool! A fun way for kids to do their chores. Will have to try this with my kids!

11. Victoria on November 4, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Nowadays it’s hard for the kids to ask them to do chores! But these tips makes a lot of excitement! And to teach them how to be responsible!! Thankyou for this tips!! I surely know they will do it without anyy hesitations!!

12. Jocelyn Cañasa Brown on November 4, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I am loving these tips! I definitely need to get mine more motivated to do more chores!

13. Theresa on November 4, 2016 at 6:51 pm

This app sounds like a great way to encourage kids to do the chores without me having to constantly nag them! I’m off to download it right now!

14. Our Family World on November 4, 2016 at 6:07 pm

This amazing app could help my kids to encourage to do their chores! I’m going to try it.

15. Janell Poulette on November 4, 2016 at 5:39 pm

The ChorePal app looks like it would be great for my kids. Especially the fact that you can add your daily and weekly chores. I might even use this for myself-haha- since I make a chore list for myself daily anyways!

16. Mandee Suchland on November 4, 2016 at 5:37 pm

This app looks perfect to motivate kids to do their chores. I think the rewards and points are a great incentive for getting everything done!

17. Pam on November 4, 2016 at 4:46 pm

This sounds like a great app. I wish it had been around when my kids were younger.

18. Crystal on November 4, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Ohhh that app is really neat. Who wants to nag their kids all the time? I love that kids can check it to keep themselves responsible without constant reminders.

19. Kelly Hutchinson on November 4, 2016 at 1:07 pm

My kids do not do chores. Totally my doing. I have allowed them to get away without pulling their load. This would be a great way to get on track.

20. Seattle Travel Blogger on November 4, 2016 at 12:33 pm

These are some good steps to use.
    I think it is great not to pressure the kids to do superior work – it’s better just to get them to do some level of the work than not to do the work at all.

21. Catherine Sargent on November 4, 2016 at 11:49 am

These are always great ways to motive kids to do their chores. My son had to do his chores if he wanted video game time on the weekends.

22. Cindy Orley on November 4, 2016 at 5:51 am

Great tips! Kids like electronics, so it is a good way to incorporate managing chores.

23. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 4, 2016 at 5:25 am

These are such great tips. It’s important to make sure the kids learn to help around the house without making it miserable.