Getting Ready For Fall With Grocery Outlet

We are happy to partner with Grocery Outlet on this post, all opinions are our own.

We’re starting to get ready for fall and that means that we’re starting to buy things to get us ready. I feel like with fall we’re spending more time cooking, our kids are also involved in many activities so we always need to be prepared with snacks. That’s what I like best about Grocery Outlet—that I can find the brands and healthy fun foods our family needs at up to 40-70% off conventional retail prices. groceryoutlet-fallNew items arrive every week at Grocery Outlet and on our most recent trip I found a wide variety of items to get ready for Halloween. We’re that family who decorates and gets festive so it’s nice seeing these items inside our local Grocery Outlet. I also took the time to stock up on items that our kids go through a lot of— snacks!
pic1

With such active kids it’s only natural that I focus a lot on snacks because our kids eat a lot of snacks. In between school and after school activities, I try to mix it up and have a little fun so I wanted to take the time to allow our kids to be creative in the kitchen. They helped me shop for supplies and we decided to make dipped pretzels with the things we found at Grocery Outlet.

making-pimpkin-pretzels

Pumpkin Pretzels Snacks for Kids

Ingredients –

• Pretzels
  • White chocolate
  • Orange food coloring
  • Green sour candy
  • Licorice
  • Colorful button-shaped chocolates

After warming the chocolate and adding orange food coloring we allowed our girls to decorate their pumpkins any way that they wanted to with candy. We used the green sour candy as pumpkin stems, licorice for mouths and button-shaped chocolates as eyes.

ptetzels

These would be fun for kids to make at a party or you could just make them after school like we did. They’re so simple and fun and such a great way to get kids excited about fall. pumpkin-pretzels

You can shop the savings at a Grocery Outlet near you. Also be sure to sign up for email deals, you can get a $3.00 off coupon going on right now.

How is your family starting to get ready to fall?

1. Karlaroundtheworld | Karla on October 7, 2016 at 10:14 am

Oh wow, loving the whole idea! The orange color really rings up the authenticity of it and the whole idea’s just going to be fantastic for any age.

2. Cinny on October 1, 2016 at 9:11 am

They’re so adorable! Pumpkin pretzels sound like a fun way to spice up the fall.

3. Rach Ferrucci on September 29, 2016 at 9:42 am

These are adorable and the kids will love them. Great fall snack that’s fun to make.

4. Sarah L on September 28, 2016 at 10:49 pm

I didn’t know that pretzels would make such good pumpkins. Very cute.

5. Nicole Escat on September 28, 2016 at 8:24 am

Looks like your family is really ready for fall! Lots of great stuff there!

6. Kita Bryant on September 27, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I’ve never heard of this store. Sounds like it’s awesome!

7. Rosey on September 27, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Your older daughter looks so much like you!! I’m ready for Fall eats, its one of my favorite things about the season.

8. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on September 27, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Those chocolate covered pretzel pumpkins turned out so cute! I am starting to burn fall scents in my warmers around the house. Hopefully our weather begins to feel more fall-ish soon! I am ready for it!

9. Jeanine on September 27, 2016 at 5:49 am

Sounds like loads of fun! We don’t really do much to get ready for Fall but put all our summer stuff away. We need to do some baking or making treats, would be a lot more fun!

10. Annemarie LeBlanc on September 27, 2016 at 5:45 am

I love it when I get the chance to save money! I love those pretzel treats your kids made. It looks yummy and healthy and did not cost a lot. You are a great mom! It is nice that you teach the kids to be frugal with money and to look for stores that give the best deals on stuff.

11. Amanda Love on September 27, 2016 at 1:59 am

Sounds like there are a lot of good deals there! I would love to check that out. I think the snack ideas are awesome, you get to spend some time with the kids while they have fun in the kitchen!

12. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on September 26, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Those pretzel snacks are so cute! My kids love making easy Halloween snacks too! They will surely love to try this!

13. mary on September 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

These look like great treats for the kids to make this Fall! Love the designs they came up with.

14. Theresa on September 26, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Dipped pretzels is a fun way to kick off fall! I haven’t heard of Grocery Outlet before, but I’m headed over to check them out now!

15. Brandy on September 26, 2016 at 5:38 pm

I’ve never heard of a Grocery Outlet before but it sounds amazing. Those pumpkin pretzels are so cute!

16. Liz Mays on September 26, 2016 at 5:36 pm

What an awesome Halloween treat! Your Grocery Outlet haul seemed perfect for hungry kids.

17. Lisa Favre on September 26, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I absolutely adore your pumpkin treats! They’re so creative and look pretty simple to make.

18. shelly peterson on September 26, 2016 at 5:03 pm

These Pumpkin Pretzels look like fun to make and even better to eat. 🙂 The kids would love making these.

19. diana on September 26, 2016 at 4:19 pm

I’ve never heard of a Grocery Outlet but I like the idea! When I was fresh out of college I remember getting sponges at the dollar store, any way to save money in any areas I could was a great idea. I’ll have to look up my zip code to see if there’s one around us!

20. Pam Wattenbarger on September 26, 2016 at 3:57 pm

There is a Grocery Outlet near us. I have never been there but I need to go now.

21. Catherine Sargent on September 26, 2016 at 2:01 pm

This looks like a cute and yummy snack. I will have to make these for my niece and nephew when they come over. They are always wanting snacks.