Celebrating Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Compensation was provided by Pirate’s Booty via Momtrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Pirate’s Booty or Momtrends.

Our girls just headed back to school and we’re already having fun with theme days in the classroom. Did you know that September 19th is Talk Like A Pirate Day? It’s just another fun day that I want to celebrate with my girls.

Pirate’s Booty is a great tasting snack that my kids like. Made with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives it also is a snack I can feel good about giving to them. They come in larger bags that have 12 smaller snack sized bags, so they can easily just grab and go. As we get closer to Talk Like A Pirate Day we want to celebrate in a fun way and my girls always call these the pirate snacks. In fact, my preschooler says they’re her favorite!

Pirate's Booty Aged White Cheddar corn puffs

It’s always fun to pack my kids snacks that I know they will enjoy. It allows me to make them smile without being with them. The puffs are fun to eat and taste great. We took a little time to celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day with a fun and simple afternoon craft with my preschooler. We made pirates with paper plates. Paper plate crafts are some of my favorites because they’re so easy!
talk-like-a-pirate-day-pirate-craft-2Just glue on some paper, an eye and eye patch and, most importantly, have fun to create whatever kind of face that you like.

Talk Like a Pirate Day Paper Plate Craft

What You’ll Need:
  • Paper plates
  • Colored construction paper
  • Glue
  • Kid-Friendly Scissors
  • Markers
  • Googly eyes, any other extra craft items (optional)
What to Do:

Let your kid use their imagination!  Some ideas for pirate-y items are:
  1. To make a bandana: Take a colored piece of construction paper, cut it into a half circle and paste it on the top of the head.  Then cut out two rectagles and dovetail them on the far left or right side of the half circle.
  2. To make an eyepatch: Take a black piece of construction paper, cut it into a half circle and paste it over where the pirates eye would be.  Draw some lines on either side with markers to show the string

how-to-make-easy-pirate-face-craft You can see our daughter had so much fun creating her own pirate! talk-like-a-pirate-day-pirate-scene-chalkTo celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day I’m also making sure my girls have a pirate themed lunch box for school. Pirate's Booty corn puffs cheddar on the goIt’s important to give your kids options. Instead of sandwiches, I like to mix it up with salad and a side of pita bread and hummus. There’s also a variety of vegetables and grapes for a sweet treat. The easiest way to pack lunches, I have found, is with a bento style lunchbox. It allows you to easily pack a variety of food without using a lot of packaging or creating a giant mess.

Kids like to use their hands and one of the best ways to get my girls to eat veggies is to give them some dip. Hummus is one of our favorite dips and it’s great for lunches. My girls always like a crunchy snack to go with lunch and that’s why Pirate’s Booty is a delicious snack. I don’t like to overthink lunches and it’s nice to just have things on hand that you know your kids will like. It’s fun when you get to play with a theme like Talk Like A Pirate Day, then you can add in a fun note and pirate themed snack! healthy Lunch idea pita hummus grape carrots corn puffs

So this Talk Like a Pirate Day celebrate all day long with Pirate’s Booty! You can learn more about  Pirate’s Booty on their website.

What are some of your kids favorite ways to celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day?

1. Karlaroundtheworld | Karla on September 26, 2016 at 11:11 am

Now this really sounds fun! I plan to do this while taking my sister and her kids on a cruise. The sea would make this even more fun!

2. Sarah L on September 22, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Aarrgghh! I missed it.

3. Nicole Feliciano on September 20, 2016 at 11:48 am

Cute Craft! Pirates booty are the best things ever. They taste like real cheese and every single puff doesn’t taste exactly the same. They’re like snowflakes!

4. Melisasource on September 19, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Like all sons, my youngest son would definitely get a kick out of, and love getting to eat Pirates Booty

5. Brianne on September 19, 2016 at 7:13 am

This craft looks like so much fun. We love talk like a pirate day!

6. Nicole Escat on September 19, 2016 at 12:02 am

My son loves pirate cartoons and shows. I will let him celebrate this thing.

7. Gervin Khan on September 18, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Oh, this is a nice idea. Looks so fun, the kids will surely love a celebration like this one!

8. Ann Bacciaglia on September 18, 2016 at 5:31 pm

We have never celebrated Talk Like A Pirate Day before. This is such a fun idea. My kids would love it.

9. Amanda Love on September 18, 2016 at 3:36 pm

That’s a fun craft to do with the kids and what kid doesn’t love pirates, right? I think this is awesome! I really like this snack too! That lunchbox idea is great!

10. Chavonne H on September 17, 2016 at 6:29 pm

I really like the convenient snack size bags, the kids love them! I also can’t wait to show them the pirate crafts, it looks like a lot of fun to do. The kids enjoy talking like a pirate.

11. Anjanette @MommaYoung on September 17, 2016 at 10:47 am

Arrrrr! So cute! I love Pirate’s Booty! It tastes wonderful and is just an overall fun product! Thanks for sharing the Pirate idea!

12. Shannon Graham on September 17, 2016 at 9:31 am

My friends and I always celebrate this day! We don’t care how old we get, it’s fun!

13. Kita Bryant on September 17, 2016 at 9:19 am

So cute! We have some kids from our youth group who love talk like a pirate day!

14. Janet W. on September 17, 2016 at 5:35 am

What a cute craft! My grandsons love pirate stuff and would love to make that!

15. Annemarie LeBlanc on September 16, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Wow. This is a nice, easy and fun craft to make with your child. My granddaughter would have loads of fun making her own pirate paper plate face! I am glad you make sure your kids have a healthy lunch at school. Look at all that yummy stuff you put in their lunch box! Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom.

16. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on September 16, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I can’t think of any snack perfect for this day than this Pirate Booty! They’re my kids favorite! Love that paper craft too! So cute!

17. Theresa on September 16, 2016 at 8:00 pm

My girls love Talk Like A Pirate Day! I’ll have to pick up some Pirate’s Booty to celebrate with this year!

18. Marcie W. on September 16, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Goodness what an adorrrrrrrrrrrrrrable craft idea to celebrate all things pirate! My kids have grown up enjoying Pirate’s Booty and still love finding those handy packs inside their lunchboxes.

19. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane on September 16, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Talk Like a Pirate Day is so fun. I like how a lot of the internet companies and websites turn their sites into pirate themes. Makes for a fun day.

20. Kelly Hutchinson on September 16, 2016 at 4:23 pm

What a fun craft! And those snacks look pretty awesome, too! Talk like a pirate day is so much fun!

21. Diana on September 16, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Pirate Booty is my fav! I usually pick it up at Jamba Juice for some reason, it’s just sitting there on the shelf when I order, it’s a great combo!

22. Brandy on September 16, 2016 at 1:10 pm

That plate craft is so cute! My kids love getting Pirate Booty as an after school snack.

23. Colleen Lanin on September 16, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Arr! Talk like a pirate day be me favorite day of all! Shiver me timbers, but I be sorely in love with the swashbuckling men o’ tha sea! That be a right adorable craft ye have shared with us today!

24. shelly peterson on September 16, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Talk Like A Pirate Day would be fun for kids to celebrate. My grandsons love pirates and would like the pirate plate craft

25. Catherine Sargent on September 16, 2016 at 12:02 pm

The paper plate pirate came out so cute. I didn’t know that talk like a pirate day was a thing. I will have do some crafts with my niece and nephew.

26. Pam Wattenbarger on September 16, 2016 at 11:43 am

Talk Like a Pirate Day is a fun holiday for kids who love pirates. And what better snack than Pirate’s Booty!