Staying Healthy All Year Round With Omega-3

We are happy to partner with Nordic Naturals on this post, all opinions are my own.

kristin and brooklin

My girls keep me busy. Just last week we were in between the beach, the park and home. It’s summer though so I find that with the heat we do spend a little more time indoors, so to break up the time we like to get outside and just play. It can be something as simple as taking the dogs for a walk or just kicking around a ball in our front yard. It’s important that my girls are happy and healthy but the older I get the more I realize I also have to take care of myself.

fitness

Did you know that Omega-3 fats are essential to your overall health and can come in several different forms? Nordic Naturals has created the #1 selling Omega-3 fish oil supplement. Fatty acids are essential for overall health and since our bodies do not make these essential nutrients on their own we must consume them. It’s especially important for kids to get adequate Omega-3s as their bodies are growing and developing.

4  Omega-3 Health Benefits For The Whole Family

• Heart Health – Omega-3s are essential for cardiovascular health. The American Heart Association recommends that healthy adults eat fish at least twice a week which means if you’re not eating fish you need to be supplementing with an Omega-3 supplement.
  • Brain Health – Omega-3s are essential for brain health and this is especially important for kiddos who are growing and developing.
  • Immunity – Did you know that fish oil helps to naturally regulate the immune response and support internal health? It’s true and an essential way to make sure you stay healthy all year long.
  • Overall Health & Beauty – It’s essential for overall joint health to get these essential fatty acids. Your skin is your largest organ and Omega-3s help protect and nourish your hair, skin and nails.

Nordic Naturals Omega 3

I was always one of those people who thought I was getting all the nutrients I needed from my food but I don’t eat fish, at all. It’s essential that I not only supplement my own nutrition with Omega-3 but that I’m also making sure our girls do too. Nordic Naturals has a complete line of products for kids and adults, be sure to visit their website to learn more.

Could your family use an Omgea-3 supplement? What are your best tips for staying healthy all year long?

Want to try Nordic Naturals for yourself? Order some today, and use the promo code CAFEMOM to save 15%!

1. Jennifer Berkey on August 22, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I know that Fish oil supplements can lower elevated triglyceride levels. Yet all the facts mentioned here are pretty beneficial as well. I appreciate the information.

2. Kiwi on August 17, 2016 at 4:38 am

Health is super important and sometimes a supplement helps. My mom has taken the Omega3 vitamins before she said they did wonders for her.

3. Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) on August 16, 2016 at 8:16 pm

I could probably use more of it in my system. Glad you’re noticing a change.

4. Melisasource on August 16, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I do need to add more supplements to my stock to ensure that I’m getting everything that I need to stay healthy.

5. Mary on August 16, 2016 at 5:41 pm

This sounds like a great supplement. This and lots of water is my tip 🙂

6. Lisa Joy Thompson on August 16, 2016 at 4:24 pm

This sounds like a great supplement! We’re all about the omega fatty acids! We supplement regularly at our house because there are so many benefits!

7. Jocelyn Brown on August 16, 2016 at 3:52 pm

I will have to try this. It doesn’t hurt to be ahead of issues that might pop up in the future.

8. Kita Bryant on August 16, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I take fish oil on a regular basis. I never go a day without it if I can help it. We need all the help we can get when it comes to health!

9. ROSEy on August 16, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Sounds great to me. I like how big your pictures are on here!! Very eye-catching.

10. Nikki Wayne on August 16, 2016 at 3:33 am

We use fish oil extract at home and it is really beneficial. Glad that you find a brand that suits your needs.

11. Nicole Escat on August 16, 2016 at 3:06 am

I remember my dad had this supplement! That’s why he always healthy and active.

12. felicia on August 15, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I need to incorporate a little more Omega-3 into our lives. I am so good about vitamins, but this is a great addition.

13. Theresa on August 15, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I need to add Omega 3 to my diet. Having an auto immune disorder, I am sure I could really benefit from this supplement, especially the boost to the immune system!

14. Melissa @ The Staten Island family on August 15, 2016 at 6:47 pm

What a great supplement! Perfect for including in our back to school routine. We are vegetarian and we are all extremely active-I really feel like our kids are always watching us and taking their cues from us so I just try to model the healthy lifestyle I want them to live❤️

• Kristin on August 17, 2016 at 9:47 am

YES!!! I totally live by this too, and I am a vegetarian too. 😀

15. Liz Mays on August 15, 2016 at 5:13 pm

I should really consider picking some of these up. I know I’m not getting enough Omega-3s currently.

16. Meagan on August 15, 2016 at 4:26 pm

I have never heard of this supplement before but we do use Omega 3.

17. Lisa Favre on August 15, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I didn’t realize how many benefits Omega-3 had! Definitely something I’ll have to consider for myself and my family.

18. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on August 15, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Sounds like a great supplement for Omega 3. I know that Omega 3 is healthy but I am still surprised with all its benefits! Thanks for sharing this!

19. Chavonne Harvey on August 15, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Omega 3’s are so important for our bodies, I love how it promotes brain, heart and overall functions. We eat a lot of fish on a weekly basis so I hope we’re getting enough. My tips for staying healthy all year long is to find a fun exercise to do such as zumba or playing sports at the local park. Making smoothies every day and focus on what we’re grateful for every day.

20. Brandy on August 15, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I love that the Omega-3 helps with the development of so many different things. I’ll have to pick some up!

21. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on August 15, 2016 at 12:36 pm

This sounds like a great supplement. Omega fatty acids are so good for so many different parts of your body.