Simple Dinner Ideas – Make Your Own Taco Bowls

We are happy to partner with Herdez® on this compensated post. All opinions, and photos are our own.

6 year old running on beach form wavesWe are just one week away from the first day of school so we’re spending as much time as we can at the beach. It’s hard to believe that our summer is already coming to an end and the chaos of heading back to school and back to after school activities begins. When it comes to our family we are constantly on the go, in between three kids and their activities when it comes time for dinner we often look for quick and easy solutions. That does’t mean that we don’t take healthy eating seriously, we do but I like to find a good mix between meals I know our kids will like and healthy options with plenty of fresh foods.

Herdez® Instant Refried Beans are the perfect quick and easy solution for our busy family. Frijoles con todo! Beans are great with everything – breakfast, lunch, dinner, it’s safe to say that beans are a favorite of ours. Herdez® Instant Refried Beans are a simple solution and are ready in just five minutes which means we’ll have more time to spend together as a family. Herdez Instant Refried BeansAs we head back to school I want to share meals with my kids that are fun and that taste great. Herdez® Instant Refried Beans might be ready in just five minutes but they’re restaurant quality and incredibly authentic flavor making them a quick go to when I can’t make them myself. Instant Refried Beans Just Add Water

Make Your Own Family Taco Bowl Bar

Ingredients –

• Herdez® Instant Refried Beans Queso
  • Mini Flour Tortillas
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Tomatos
  • Herdez® Medium Salsa
  • Mexican Creama
  • Shredded Lettuce
  • Chopped Red Onion

Our kids enjoy being hands on so a taco bar is always fun for the whole family. I love to use whatever we have on hand, you can easily personalized these with roasted corn, cilantro and avocados. Whatever your family likes you can personalize this and easily make it your own. Herdez SalsaThe Herdez® Instant Refried Beans are so easy to make and they really have that restaurant quality that tastes so authentic. Herdez Taco Bar Idea (6)Our girls really like making their own tacos and it’s fun to let them be hands on with their food. This taco bar was a lot of fun for the whole family. Herdez Taco Bar IdeaThere’s so many easy ways to come together at the end of the day. One thing we like to do is always make sure we come together for dinner. Whether is a quick taco night or a meal that’s taken hours to cook coming together as a family is important to us. Herdez Taco Bar Idea (7)By using whatever vegetables you have on hand you’re not only staying on a budget but you’re able to use up everything and eat healthy. Taco night doesn’t have to be overly complicated to satisfy your entire family.
Herdez Taco Bar Idea (8)It’s all about creating simple family meals that everyone will enjoy and with Herdez® Instant Refried Beans we can do just that. I’m already looking forward to making these with or weekend favorite, Chilaquiles. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, authentic frijoles are perfect with any meal, any time.  Frijoles con todo!

You can find Herdez® Instant Refried Beans in these cities near you San Diego, CA/ Phoenix, AZ/ Las Vegas, NV/ Denver, CO/ San Antonio, TX/ Houston, TX and Des Moines, IA. Be sure to visit the Herdez® website to learn more.

Enter To Win!

Share Your Frijoles.  How do you use frijoles? Share your favorite frijoles photo or video on Instagram and get a chance to win a custom Herdez® T-shirt. Make sure you hashtag your photo with #frijolescontodo #sweepstakes and be sure to follow @HerdezTraditions.

What are your favorite meals that use frijoles?

1. shelly peterson on September 23, 2016 at 4:27 pm

I did not know they made Instant Refried Beans. I would like to try these. The taco bowls look yummy!

2. Mary on August 3, 2016 at 9:19 pm

What a great idea. I love that each person can personalize their taco bowl.

3. Dawn McAlexander on August 3, 2016 at 1:08 pm

That looks good enough to eat! Oh, yeah, you’re supposed to eat them. Sorry, I was hypnotized there for a moment.

4. Ann Bacciaglia on August 3, 2016 at 9:58 am

I will have to get the ingredients I need to make this for dinner this week. It looks so delicious. and easy to make. My kids are going to love it.

5. Amanda Love on August 3, 2016 at 8:06 am

The kids love their tacos especially when it’s movie night at home. This make your own taco bowls idea is awesome and I’d love to do this one of these days! I’m sure it will be a huge hit at home!

6. Nikki Wayne on August 3, 2016 at 5:46 am

We love tacos at home, this is a super nice idea that my family will surely love.

7. Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) on August 3, 2016 at 4:57 am

Tacos and taco salads are popular at our house. We usually have black beans with our meals.
    I love the added protein for our son’s diet.

8. Nicole Escat on August 3, 2016 at 1:32 am

This is a nice recipe. I like to make my own taco bowls, it would be so fun for all of us at home.

9. Annemarie LeBlanc on August 2, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Thank you for the dinner idea! Weekly meal planning is a difficult task and I need all the help I can get to gather newrecipes or hacks on how to tweak a basic recipe. I’m including this in our next week’s meal plan. Yummy tacos for Wednesday!

10. Theresa on August 2, 2016 at 8:12 pm

We haven’t had taco night in a while. I like the idea of making taco bowls. We’ll have to do that soon!

11. Liz Mays on August 2, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Oh yum! I’d love to make some tacos or taco bowls soon. Some jalepeno refried beans would be perfect for them.

12. Tonia @thechattymomma on August 2, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Those are some pretty cute taco bowls. My kids love to talk about Taco Tuesday. I bet they would love these.

13. Melisasource on August 2, 2016 at 5:14 pm

TACOS! Tacos are always a family favorite.

14. Marcie W. on August 2, 2016 at 4:20 pm

What a delicious dinner idea! I love that everyone can customize their taco bowls just the way they like them too.

15. Brandy on August 2, 2016 at 1:55 pm

That sounds delicious! I don’t know if I’ve ever had a taco bowl before but I would love to have one!

16. Lindsey Paris on August 2, 2016 at 1:53 pm

oooh beans with queso. Be still my heart. I’ll look for these to make our taco nights easier.

17. Meagan on August 2, 2016 at 1:13 pm

We are huge fans of taco bowls. They are such a simple and delicious dinner.

18. Kelly Hutchinson on August 2, 2016 at 12:55 pm

We just had taco bowls a few weeks ago! They are so good and the taco bar makes serving so much easier!

19. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on August 2, 2016 at 12:54 pm

That’s such a great idea! This is a much easier way to eat tacos that crunching up a crunchy taco or having the insides ooze out of a soft taco.

20. Pam on August 2, 2016 at 12:27 pm

We love taco bowls. We have taco night at least once a week around our house.