Better-For-You Back-To-School Lunch Hacks

first day of school 2016We’re already a few weeks into school and I’ve already started to hit the lunchbox rut. You know when you didn’t prepare well enough that week and end up searching around the kitchen and piecing together a lunch with whatever is left that you can find. That’s why staying prepared for lunches and stocking up on snacks I know my kids will enjoy is so important.

I want my kids to eat food that will fuel their bodies, it’s important that whatever goes into their lunches is simple and whole foods. That is a value that our family holds and so whatever we buy has to stick with those values. Our kids are ordinary kids and they like to snack, be it at school or heading off to their after school activities.  SkinnyPop Popcorn is that simple better for you snack that tastes great and that only has three simple ingredients.

Skinny Pop Popcorn Non GMO Gluten FreeAs we head back to school I’m sure you can also relate to this SkinnyPop Popcorn: Back to School video. Our girls are so enthusiastic about school this year it’s refreshing to see them so eager to learn. That’s why it’s so important that they have those kinds of better for you snacks.

SkinnyPop offers the SkinnyPack® available at retailers that sell SkinnyPop. It comes with six 0.65 oz. lunchbox-sized 100-calorie bags in both Original and White Cheddar flavors which are perfect for back to school. I also must say that I enjoy SkinnyPop Popcorn its a snack that I can enjoy for 100 calories so it fits my active lifestyle so I’m glad that I can also find larger bags.

For their lunch boxes sometimes I like to simplify lunch and use a bento style lunchbox. I don’t have to use a lot of extra packaging and everything stays put. It’s one of those lunchbox hacks that save me a lot of time. Popcorn fruit veggie lunch idea

Our girls are very busy after school so it’s nice that I can find the smaller bag sized 100 calorie bags. I throw one in my daughters dance bag for a quick snack between her dance classes. skinny pop on the go

SkinnyPop tastes great, it’s one of of favorite snacks and I can feel good about my kids eating it. It’s made with all natural and simple ingredients, gluten free and it’s non-gmo. Plus it’s the one snack I know everyone will enjoy! popcorn in a bag

You can learn more about SkinnyPop at SkinnyPop.com. Also be sure to follow SkinnyPop on social media @theskinnypop on Twitter and Instagram.

What are your kids favorite better-for-you snacks?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Janet W. on September 21, 2016 at 4:53 am

I’ve never tried this brand before! Sounds delicious!

2. shelly peterson on September 11, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I would love to try the skinny pop popcorn! The kids like string cheese and nuts for a snack, they would love the popcorn.

3. Amanda Love on September 4, 2016 at 11:25 pm

We’ve all been there and we still experience that from time to time! It’s tough to come up with lunches day in and day out especially if you have more than one child and they are in different age groups. I like this lunch hack though! Thanks!

4. Annemarie LeBlanc on September 4, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Skinny Pop looks like a great snack for anyone to enjoy. Their White Cheddar variant is my favorite. Fills me up for less the amount of calories!

5. Candy O on September 3, 2016 at 11:28 pm

We love Skinnypop! It’s our family favorite snack. I love making a fun mix with it.

6. Rosey on September 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I have seen the Skinny Pop but not bought it yet. We’ll get to it though, definitely.

7. Sheena Tatum on September 3, 2016 at 6:03 pm

My oldest loves this popcorn and I don’t argue when he wants some. He can have all he wants!

8. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on September 3, 2016 at 4:17 pm

This Skinny popcorn looks delicious! My kids will surely love this to have on their lunch boxes!

9. Nikki Wayne on September 3, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Oh, these are nice hacks. I will use these when my son go to school by next year.

10. Melissa@thestatenislandfamily.com on September 3, 2016 at 2:15 pm

My entire family loves skinny pop and they don’t even consider it a healthy snack which just proves how tasty it is! We are big on hummus and carrots for snacking and of course skinny pop!

11. Theresa on September 3, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I love that it only has 3 simple ingredients! I’ll have to make Skinny Pop part of our weekly lunch box snack!

12. Kita Bryant on September 3, 2016 at 12:07 pm

My kids adore popcorn so it would be an easy snack for them to enjoy! Healthy to boot!

13. Yolanda @ SeeingItTheirWay on September 3, 2016 at 12:03 pm

My boys favorite healthy snack is carrots but popcorn is a close second! We will have to give skinny pop a try.

14. Kecia on September 3, 2016 at 10:48 am

Popcorn isn’t something I would think to pack in my son’s school lunches. Thanks for the idea!

15. jeanine on September 3, 2016 at 10:27 am

Love this! love that lunch it looks amazing and perfectly healthy. I’ve never tried skinny pop before, what a great alternative!

16. felicia on September 3, 2016 at 9:50 am

These are such great lunch hacks. I’ve been trying to switch it up with the boys this year as well.

17. Chavonne H on September 3, 2016 at 12:13 am

My family loves SkinnyPop! I feel good knowing it’s only 100 calories per bag. I also like to include bananas and nuts too.

18. Liz Mays on September 2, 2016 at 6:25 pm

I’m definitely familiar with the lunchbox rut. I think including some SkinnyPop in school lunches is a great idea.

19. Brandy on September 2, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Skinny Pop is delicious! It would make a perfect addition to my kids lunch boxes!

20. Marcie W. on September 2, 2016 at 5:01 pm

SkinnyPop is super delicious and would totally make a great lunchbox inclusion. I love that it is non GMO too!

21. Pam Wattenbarger on September 2, 2016 at 1:27 pm

I love Skinny Pop popcorn. We like to buy a big bag to take on road trips with us.