When To See An Online Doctor

This is a partnered post with Providence Health, all opinions are our own.

brooklin sick

I’ve been one of those parents who find their little ones sick and we end up taking them into the ER in a panic only to discover it’s just a virus. When our kids are sick we are always quick to respond but it’s not always during hours which we can reach a doctor. Ever traveled and gotten a sick? Nothing is worse than being so far from home with little help.  Plus lets all face it sometimes our lives are just too busy to get to a doctor like we should.

5 Simple Reasons To See An An Online Healthcare Provider

1. Kids Your kids never get sick at convenient times, easily see a doctor without ever having to leave your home.
  2. Traveling – Ever travel and get sick? Easily see a doctor anywhere and get the care you need quickly.
  3. Too Busy – Want to avoid traffic or even just making the trip to see the doctor? Easily see a doctor right from the comfort of your own home, in your own time. You can also get prescription refills easily!
  4. Healthcare Costs – Don’t have healthcare or have a high deductable? Providence Health eXpress is only $39 per visit.
  5. Embarrassed – Maybe you’re like me and your kids have pink eye, save yourself the embarrassment and the hassle by seeing an online healthcare provider. Checkout the many common conditions treated with an online doctor visit.

Providence Health eXpress is the online healthcare provider that you never have to have an appointment for. Available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific time, 7 days per week to patients in California and in Oregon and Washington open until midnight. you can easily see a doctor with Providence Health eXpress. Each visit you can see a doctor or nurse practitioner using secure video and audio.

Providence Health eXpressHaving used an online healthcare provider before it was incredibly convenient. I was able to see a doctor and get a diagnosis and treatment recommendation, including medication if needed. I used a video appointment and the doctor was able to see me and my child, turns out it was just a simple case of pink eye but it saved us a trip to the doctors.

What I like about Providence Health eXpress is that you can easily see the doctors and read their profile and then decide which doctor that is available that you want to see. This is very helpful, especially if I’m seeing a doctor with my kiddos. health expressProvidence Health eXpress is also affordable at only $39 for a visit it can also be billed to your insurance, if applicable. It’s nice to have options and seeing a doctor on your own time is something I find incredibly valuable. I’m always looking for things to make my life easier and Providence Health eXpress does just that!

You can see an online provider today with Providence Health eXpress.

Have you seen an online healthcare provider, could you use this service?

1. Mary on July 12, 2016 at 6:08 am

We are in between insurance right now. This will definitely help our family. Love the low cost

2. Ava at Savvy Pet Care on July 11, 2016 at 1:10 pm

I think this is a pretty interesting concept. It is starting up in the veterinary world too. So often we take our pets to the vet when there is nothing seriously wrong. I can see where this would be so helpful to a busy mom, especially with more than one child. I like that you can do a video appointment.

3. Risa on July 11, 2016 at 6:52 am

Another good reason to see an online provider is if you are someone who lives miles from the nearest doctor.
    They can definitely be a convenient and money saving option.

4. Michele D on July 11, 2016 at 5:21 am

I’ve heard of other online physician services like this one but never tried it. Seems super easy to get the help you need without leaving your home.

5. rika on July 10, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Sounds like a great health app, very convenient and affordable. I’ll pass this info to friends and family

6. Brandy on July 10, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I admit I am in love with the idea of an online doctor, it really is amazing what technology can bring us. With three kids, there were nights back when my two sons were younger that this would have been completely beneficial for me. Had some major middle of night scares with those boys.

7. Chrishelle on July 10, 2016 at 1:58 pm

On line doctor’s visits are the best thing to hit the internet. They are so convenient and money saving. My insurance provides an app for on line visits..

8. Sarah Bailey on July 10, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I think the idea of an online doctor is fantastic and so much better than alternative such as taking to google which can be awful! x

9. Lisa Jones on July 10, 2016 at 8:32 am

I Really Need To Sign Up For This I Have Little Ones & They Hate Going To The Doctor’s (They Cry Every Time) This Would Save Me A Lot Of Time & The Price Is Great I Will Be Checking This Out & Hopefully Signing Up Too!!

10. Jeanine on July 10, 2016 at 8:27 am

I think a doctor online is such a great idea. I hate having to take 6 kids into a waiting room for hours for me to be seen for something small for a whole 3 minutes. They end up getting sick and really, theres no point.

11. Heather on July 10, 2016 at 8:07 am

I am a big fan of this program for those who say they don’t have time to go to the doctor. I work with someone like that and we finally convinced him to do this. It turned out he did have a medical issue that has now resulted in him getting to a doc, taking care of himself and losing 26 pounds! It’s always good to see when technology is working to better our health!

12. Nancy Partin on July 9, 2016 at 11:43 am

I have never seen an online medical provider, but it souns like a great option. I know with my 3 kids getting to the doctor is not always easy.