Helping My 7-Year-Old Daughter To Become A Little Engineer

We are working with STEM Lab Games to share the Little Engineer interactive game for STEM education. All experiences are ours.

It is great that many interactive games based upon STEM learning are being crated for our children. With such a technology based world we all live in, it super important that we push Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math based learning onto our children. Everything we do revolves around these understandings, and the smarter we become as humans the more sciences will revolve around our lives.

7 year old daughter learning engineering

We were recently sent the Little Engineer by STEM Lab games. This fun interactive game was designed with little engineers in mind, perfect for our elementary school aged daughters. While it’s great to be able to teach our kids’ reading, counting, simple math, it’s even more important to teach them about direction and how process works. While we are becoming more advanced as humans, there is a lot of technology out there that makes something a little too easy.

Little Engineer STEM Learning system

For me as a dad with a little engineering background, it is important I teach my children about how things are more than their end results. As a kid I used to love to take things apart to see how they worked. It was more about just opening them up, it was also about the electronics and mechanical parts that created the product.

I encourage my kids to think the same. Not only do I like to teach them about new things, I also like to make them think and explain to them how things work. Little Engineer helps to teach my daughter about steps and how knowing how to explain things is important for many reasons. From diagnosing problems, to solving problems, and even navigation, knowing how to get from point A to point B is more than direction, its physics.

Little Engineer learning

My 7-year-old Brooklin was the one to play little Engineer and show me what it was all about. She first started by setting up her iPad with the base and video reflector accessory. What make little Engineer fun is how it was more about just tapping a screen. The kit comes supplied with direction tiles that allow her to interact with the game by programming “Q” to go where she says for him to complete his quest.

Little Engineer Learning Game for kids

“Q” is her little buddy who completes the quests based upon Brooklin’s direction and programming. Not only is she having fun doing maps, but she is learning about simple programming, which will greatly help her understand scientific method and steps. Anyone with a background in STEM learning knows that steps and process.

CHeck out this video she made sharing her Little Engineer STEM learning game.

While she programs “Q” through the levels, when she gets stuck, she can think about what she needs to do to continue the path to the end.

Learing iPad game for kids engineering

Little Engineer offers more than just maps to complete, after completing all maps, she can then create her own maps and missions to challenge her older and younger sister.

It is super important we are working with our kids in all educational categories, and with American being ranked at the top in overall education, we have to start with all our children. We rank really high in education, but that is because education is based upon funding. With learning games like little Engineer, we ca start to teach our kids to think outside the school box, and get them thinking all days not just on school days.

Little Engineer STEM Learning for my 7 year old daughter

Check out Little Engineer for more about the game and what it has to offer.

1. Tara on July 28, 2016 at 12:30 pm

This looks like a lot of fun. I especially love how it’s interactive. The kids get to have fun and learn at the same time.

2. Liz Mays on July 28, 2016 at 9:20 am

It’s so nice to see programs like this available for our kids. I agree that they can be learning outside of school and every day while having fun.

3. janis on July 27, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Tech like this is great. My kids want to go into it, and it’s great that we are now teaching kids this at a younger age too.

4. Vera Sweeney on July 27, 2016 at 10:42 pm

I love all the Stem games that are coming out to help kids learn more. This looks like a fun game that my kids would love to play.

5. Alicia on July 27, 2016 at 7:23 pm

This looks great! I love interactive games like this that make kids want to play them. They are learning without even realizing it!

6. Kathy on July 27, 2016 at 7:18 pm

This is such a neat idea. I would love to get this for my daughters. I know they’d have fun with it, and I love that they’re learning from it as well.

7. Tammi Roy on July 27, 2016 at 7:12 pm

I love toys that teach my kids while they are having fun. I will have to pick this up for my kids. They are the perfect age for it.

8. Ann Bacciaglia on July 27, 2016 at 7:11 pm

This game would be a great gift for my friends little girl. Her birthday is coming up and I have been looking for an educational game for her.

9. Jennifer on July 27, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Now this is the kind of product I want my daughter to have. There needs to be more fun yet educational tools / games like these.

10. Cathi Crismon on July 27, 2016 at 6:21 pm

STEM activities are so important for little ones. Perfect for boys and girls to learn and grow.

11. Dawn McAlexander on July 27, 2016 at 5:30 pm

That is so awesome! At the rate that she is going, she will be smarter than all of us by the time she gets to be a preteen. It’s amazing what kids can do with the technology these days.

12. Brandy on July 27, 2016 at 2:16 pm

That is so cool! I love that it teaches engineering in a way that kids will understand.

13. Sarah on July 27, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Wow! This is so neat. I see it as a win win, my kids can be on technology and they can be using their brains!

14. Jonna on July 27, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I love that it is more than just an educational app. It extends the learning and fun!!

15. Amy Desrosiers on July 27, 2016 at 11:42 am

This is so amazing! I had no idea is existed! My husband is an engineer and would love if our girls got into it early!

16. Maria on July 27, 2016 at 10:53 am

This is such a cool game for young people to learn about engineering. My son would love this!

17. Jeanette on July 27, 2016 at 10:05 am

That is really neat! I think it is something that all my kids would enjoy, but there is one in particular who would really love it. Technology today is amazing!

18. Allie D. on July 27, 2016 at 9:11 am

This is pretty awesome! I think that my niece would love this.

19. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 27, 2016 at 3:39 am

That is so cute. It’s a great way for little girls to learn.