Keeping Our Family Safe – Simple Front Door Security

This is a partnered post with August Home, all opinions are my own. August Home Systelm Installed

One of the most important and widely used doors in our home is our front door. From package deliveries to kids coming home from school, it’s important that I know what is going on inside and outside of my front door.
I had the chance to install the August Smart Lock and August Doorbell Cam this past weekend. This neat, and easy to install system is just what we needed. We had a keypad deadbolt lock, which is great for not having keys, but not so great if we need to let someone in while home. I am not a fan of leaving keys under rocks and do not like giving my codes away.August Home Front doorAfter installing the August Smart Home Access Solution, I now have full control over my front door. I can easily open my door through the August Home app on my smartphone via Bluetooth, or can provide a digital code that can be accessed from the August Smart Keypad.

Our new August Doorbell Cam replaced the old boring one, with a sleek unit that does way more than just going “ding dong.” Now when someone arrives or tries to sell us something or deliver a package, I can see exactly who it is through a one-way HD camera and even communicate with them through a two-way speaker.

We have installed the August Home app on our phones including our oldest so she can access the front door whenever she needs to. If she is at home by herself she can easily check the front door without letting anyone know she is home or checking on them.August Home Doorbell Cam App

What is great about the August Smart Home Access Solution is the ease of installation and quick set-up. It’s as simple as replacing existing lock hardware and for the Doorbell Cam, replacing the boring doorbell button. To make it fully 21st century, there is an app for that. I can lock and unlock my door with my August Home app and track who comes and goes with the 24/7 activity log.

August Home Smartlock AppNow I have a nice futuristic doorbell where I can also see and speak with them. This is possible from anywhere in my house or when I am away from  my house. It is connected to our Wi-Fi system, so it’s accessible anywhere.August Home Doorbell CamFor any guests, or for Airbnb hosts, the nifty August Smart Keypad next to my Doorbell Cam allows me to set a security code for any guests of family visiting. We have dogs and if anything happens or maybe they need a checking on, I can set up a simple code to give them, that can be turned off just as simple.

This is also a great system for families. Check when your kids come home or leave, let them check the door from complete privacy, and just know your front door is protected and monitored from the ease of your smartphone.august home smart app

Check out the line of August Home products for your home. Airbnb hosts can link their accounts to August Home making it easy for guests to enter and leave without the hassle and compromise of physical keys that can be copied or lost. With the August Smart Lock, keys and codes can be easily changed. My kids have smartphones and now my oldest doesn’t have to worry about codes or keys, she just uses her August Home app.

August Home SecurityFind out more by visiting August.com.

1. Nikki Wayne on July 28, 2016 at 10:46 am

I like this lock security. It is very important to stay secure even at your own home.

2. Toni on July 27, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Oh I love this. This would be great if we leave our teen at home with the younger kids while we run errands or have a date night. I love that you can see who comes in and out and the video is awesome.

3. Karlaroundtheworld | Karla on July 27, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Well, this will help I’m sure and I won’t hesitate to recommend this one to a friend with an open front lawn. I just hope there aren’t any holes with the app when misused. Still, the best security is to be street smart when leaving.

4. ROSE on July 27, 2016 at 2:24 pm

I like that you can track who comes in and out. That’s a great feauture for when you’re at work or on vacation.

5. Kristi on July 27, 2016 at 11:44 am

What a great solution for making the house more secure. I have just started researching something different for our house.

6. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama’s Place on July 27, 2016 at 6:29 am

What a super neat idea to have on the front door, as the kids are older there is a need to have something like this on the front door for sure. I love how simple it seems to use!

7. crystal on July 26, 2016 at 10:50 pm

My big kids are going to be taking the bus for the first time next year. Being able to monitor their comings and goings when I’m not home will be me a sense of security.

8. felicia on July 26, 2016 at 8:24 pm

This looks like a great system. We really need to think about our options since it seems that the neighborhood has been hit at least once.

9. Diana on July 26, 2016 at 6:12 pm

This looks so cool. When you said front door security I was expecting a security door. This looks great, especially the camera without having to look through peep hole because I swear people can tell when you are home looking! The peep hole gets darker haha.

10. Ann Bacciaglia on July 26, 2016 at 6:11 pm

I need to get a August Smart Home Access Solution for my home. I am always worried about home security.

11. Meagan on July 26, 2016 at 6:10 pm

These look good but I always get nervous because of how easy it is to hack technology…

12. Liz Mays on July 26, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Oh these are great. I really like the extra control you get through your smartphone. Right now we just have keypads.

13. Jeanine on July 26, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Wow love this! I am all about security and think anything extra to keep my family safe would be ideal. This looks great.

14. Kelly Hutchinson on July 26, 2016 at 2:04 pm

What a great way to keep your family safe. This looks pretty easy to set up.

15. Pam on July 26, 2016 at 12:37 pm

This is an awesome way to help keep your house secure. My daughter doesn’t live in the best neighborhood so this would be something she should look into.

16. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on July 26, 2016 at 11:16 am

I love that! I’m all about security and deadbolts are the best way to do that when it comes to doors. I love this “smart” deadbolt.