Why Keeping Cheap Sunglasses Around Is A Good Idea

This is a partnered post to share why having a super affordable pair of sunglasses is smart for trips. All experiences are my own. Our posts DO NOT contain affiliate links.

Having a cheap but functioning pair of sunglasses for travel and trips is super important. Lucky for me I haven’t lost any, but my wife did while playing at the beach and I have damaged a pair fairly bad. They were an expensive set and it was too bad, but we learned one important thing. Always have sunglasses on hand that we won’t be sad to lose, damage, or forget at a pool or beachside.

LotFancy cheap polarized Sunglasses

I will say growing up I was not one to wear sunglasses. I remember when I lived in Israel trying them out after doing so many site seeing trips, and my grandmother got me a set of Gargoyles that I thought were awesome. I did lose them, was bummed and really wasn’t a glasses kind of kid.

After living overseas and moving back to the states specifically Oregon, I really didn’t need sunglasses. It was cloudy a lot or shade is always abundant thanks to the massive trees all around the city, if anything people of Oregon crave a little more sun. Now I live in Southern California and regret forgetting them in our other car when I have to do driving. I also push my kids to wear sunglasses to save their eye sight, because the sun can be overwhelming in places with extreme heats. Whenever I have family visit from Oregon I always remind them to bring sunglasses.LotFancy cheap avitor Sunglasses

We living in an area called Temecula Valley and have a lot of sun. While we love the beach, we do live inland which gets some marine layer but 90% of the time we have intense sunlight. We have been here living here in Southern California for almost 3 years and we all love it. We are all Oregonians, except Kristin, but we all call ourselves Californians now!

Kid with sunglasses and sun hat

We always make sure to leave our house with sunglasses. We also make sure that we have our pairs that will protect our vision but not ruin our time just holding or keeping them protected. Thanks to LotFancy Sunglasses we also have a pair or polarized sunglasses that won’t put a dent in our pocket to replace if lost or to keep as an extra for visitors. Kaila really likes her pair of LotFancy Revo sunglasses and I like that she can have fun and not worry about damaging or losing her sunglasses and they also provide a UV400 protection. For the most part accessory or “cosmetic” sunglasses offer about a UV70 protection and those with no label may have none. Find out more about UV protection from the Mayo Clinic.

LotFancy Revo style Sunglasses

These are great for kids and teens who need a pair of quality sunglasses but don’t want to worry about them losing them. From the Men and Women aviator styles to the surf style, we found some for all the family.

kid wearing discount

For being an under $20 pair of sunglasses, some are polarized and all have great styling. Check out thsi eay trick to see if sunglasses are polarized, which are the best for reducing sunlight. Just tilt the sunglasses to the side. Below are a pair of $200 sunglasses compared to the men’s LotFancy Polarized aviators sunglasses. While not as sturdy, the lens do the job and the shades still look good and costs a whole lot less.

how to tell if glasses are polarized

Us parents can now enjoy the ocean and not worry about either being blinded or losing sunglasses while getting hit by a wave or picking up a kid who fell over. Trust me, that’s how Kristin has lost a set in the past.

Check LotFancy out on Amazon.

1. Kita on July 1, 2016 at 8:56 am

I definitely agree with this. I am guilty of losing far too many pairs of shades and so are my kids. Buying cheap shades in “bulk” is just what I need to do. Keep a few pairs in the car.

2. William Sweeney on July 1, 2016 at 6:18 am

These look like really nice sunglasses!! I am the same way about cheap sunglasses when we are at places like the ocean.

3. Bonnie @wemake7 on July 1, 2016 at 5:20 am

Those look like some really nice sunglasses. I have been meaning to get a pair for myself.

4. Sarah on June 30, 2016 at 6:54 pm

What a great post, I know I usually buy cheap sunglasses twice a summer at least. I will have to look into this!

5. Liz Mays on June 30, 2016 at 5:57 pm

These shades look great! Now is a good time to pick out some sunglasses.The aviator style is definitely in.

6. Sara on June 30, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I have around 20 pairs of cheap sunglasses! I always seem to misplace them so it’s great to have spares.

7. Nancy L. on June 30, 2016 at 4:43 pm

The aviators are my favorite! I will have to check out LotFancy because I am definitely obsessed with sunglasses and I’m losing them all the time. Nice to know they’re affordable, too!

8. Danita on June 30, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Those are great sunglasses! They don’t look “cheap” at all. Completely agree, always good to have inexpensive sunglasses around….just in case!

9. Jenn @ EngineerMommy on June 30, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I always have several pairs of sunglasses for every summer season! I tend to change my sunglasses on a daily basis according to my outfit. I sometimes lose them, so it’s smart not to invest in expensive pairs!

10. Terri Beavers on June 30, 2016 at 12:28 pm

I’ve been wearing sunglasses since I burned my eyes. The sunlight kills them if I don’t. I’m always looking for cheap but cute ones.

11. Rena McDaniel on June 30, 2016 at 9:20 am

I have never been one to wear sun glasses, my husband on the other hand doesn’t leave home without his. I would be nice for him to have a cheap good pair when we go out on the canoe.

12. lisa on June 30, 2016 at 8:36 am

I live in sunglasses all year round. I keep sunglasses in every vehicle and in my purse so I always have them!

13. PAm on June 30, 2016 at 8:22 am

I lose so many pairs of sunglasses. I swear they just seem to walk off. I definitely keep plenty of cheap pairs around so I will always have one on hand.

14. Jeanette on June 30, 2016 at 6:39 am

I can’t do expensive sunglasses because I lose them so often. I have him convinced about 10 pairs of sunglasses somewhere in this house that I cannot find LOL. I don’t like the way these look too so I might have to buy a couple of these.

15. Chrishelle Ebner on June 30, 2016 at 5:02 am

That is such a smart idea. We are always breaking sunglasses and scrounging for a pair on a sunny day. I will pick some of these up my next trip to dollar store.

16. Kayla Manoe on June 30, 2016 at 2:38 am

I have broken and scratched so many pairs of sunglasses! I now only buy cheap pairs!!

17. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on June 30, 2016 at 2:30 am

Those sunglasses are so cool. I think I need to go out and get a pair for everyone in my family!