Making Reading Fun This Summer With Audible

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Audible. The opinions and text are all mine.

This summer the one thing I don’t want to hear my kids say is “I’m bored!”. There are many ways that kids also fall behind during summer when it comes to things like reading. I really want to encourage our girls to read more and this summer I have a fun new way to get them excited about books with Audible. Audible is the leader is digital spoken books and it’s an exciting and fun way to make books come alive this summer and one way I hope to engage our girls in a fun and exciting new way.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 4.42.48 PMAudible is easy to use, and it was created to unleash the emotive music in language and the habituating power and utility of verbal expression. Audible content includes more than 250,000 audio programs from leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple’s iTunes Store, so you can start right away with your free App download.

books you must read with your kids this summer5 Books You Must Read With Your Kids This Summer

1. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Over one hundred years ago tis tale of Alice was written and it’s still delighting families to this day.
  2. Peter Pan – There are few characters in literature more iconic than J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan, the Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up.
  3. Grimm’s Fairy Tales -The Brothers Grimm collected the original fairy tales that Americans are most familiar with today.
  4. Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book: The Mowgli Stories – These unforgettable characters lead a story of adventure, you’ll want to escape into your own jungle after reading this one as a family.
  5. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer – This is the story of a boy’s adventures growing up in a small town on the banks of the Mississippi river over 100 years ago. The cheerful, adventurous hero plays truant to form a pirate band and, together with his best friend, Huckleberry Finn, finds fun, excitement, and buried treasure along the shores of the great river. This is the perfect summer read and one I remember fondly form my own childhood.

After trying out Audible for the last week with my girls I have found them talking about the books that we’ve read and I found it’s a great way to get the whole family involved in reading. Plus the stories are really fun, my kids keep talking about their favorite book so far Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.

Right now you can sign your family up with Audible and get your 30-day trial with a free download of any of these titles. You can get your free trail today right on Audible.com.

What’s one way that you encourage your children to read this summer?

1. Eloise on July 9, 2016 at 2:43 pm

I love the idea of not just reading but listening to the books as well… great list!

2. parpar de real on June 17, 2016 at 4:13 am

Sounds a great read for the kids. Now I am starting reading with my two boys

3. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane on June 16, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Great list for getting some reading time in with kids. I never really thought about audible for kids because for me, I just cant sit and listen to a book.

4. felicia on June 16, 2016 at 1:05 pm

I am so lucky to have one that really loves reading in our home. He already made me promise to read 4 of the classics with him!

5. Tonia @thechattymomma on June 16, 2016 at 9:56 am

I definitely want to read several books with y kids this summer. I love having a long list of books to choose from.

6. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on June 16, 2016 at 9:29 am

Great book suggestions for reading with the kids the summer. I know both of mine would love each of those!

7. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on June 16, 2016 at 9:04 am

My husband has just started having my youngest read aloud to him every day. I’ve heard many times that kid’s skills degrade over the summer and keeping up reading is a must.

8. Ann Bacciaglia on June 15, 2016 at 8:19 pm

My kids have always had a love for reading. We enjoy going to the library to pick out a new book every other week. This sounds like an app i will love.

9. Brandy on June 15, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I am lucky in that all of my kid enjoy reading – for my sons it’s all about finding books that interest them and for my daughter? She loves so many genres and goes to get books at the local library.

10. Mary on June 15, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I love audible for myself. I never thought of grabbing a book for the kids – thanks for the idea

11. Marcie W. on June 15, 2016 at 4:07 pm

What a great list of classic titles! I like the idea of my son being able to envision a story while it is read aloud, especially since he struggles with comprehension.

12. Monica on June 15, 2016 at 2:50 pm

This is perfect for summer. My youngest gets frustrated that he can’t yet read the books that his sister can. This is a perfect solution.

13. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on June 15, 2016 at 2:22 pm

I love audio books for myself. I am so busy, I’d never be able to read if it weren’t for audio books.

14. crystal on June 15, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Love that you included classics in your summer reading list. We enjoy finding the magic in older stories & discussing why they have such a lasting impact.

15. Catherine Sargent on June 15, 2016 at 11:12 am

This sounds like a great way to get the kids to read. I will have to check this out for my niece. I think she would really enjoy Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland .

16. Pam on June 15, 2016 at 8:55 am

These are all great books. I really liked Alice in Wonderland and so did my daughter.

17. Louise Bishop on June 15, 2016 at 6:53 am

One of the greatest gifts you can give your child is the love of reading. It makes almost everything else so much easier. I LOVE books!!!

18. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on June 15, 2016 at 3:12 am

Our kids have required summer reading from school, but my two love to read so they will have their noses in books all summer long.