Just In Time For Men’s Health Month – Free Health Screening 6/11/2016

Sam’s Club provided me with a giftcard to share the Sam’s Club Free Health Screening Available to Members and Non-Members on 6/11/2016 (pharmacy locations.) All experiences, thoughts and opinions are mine.

For many men its Father’s Day coming up, but for everyman it’s about health. I am like many who thought when I was young, that I would be healthy and in the physical shape I would like to be in when I was older. But that was just a thought. Fast forward to me in my mid-30s and my physical health is not where I want it to be, but that is life right?

brooklin beach 2011

I will say that while it may not be as easy to get into the physical shape I would want ot be in right now, it is important to keep up on other factors of my physical well-being like healthy checkups, healthy diet, and some kind of physical activity. While they all seem simple, how many men are doing all three together?

During a recent survey taken, 91% of men agreed that maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important, 57% said they only go to see a doctor when needed. I am sure diet is not the best for many men, with many consuming meats and not enough vegetables. Then there is physical health, for many its not so easy after a long day being active at a job, running a business or raising a family.

How Can Men Improve Our Health

• Eating smart is important. Consume lots of water, and cut back on fats and enjoy vegetables and fruits more often. One I can say I follow, I just enjoy sweet foods.veggie jar salad
  • Get More Active. While I find myself busy all day, I need to set more time aside to do more vigorous activities like hikes and strong walks. With small children and what seems not enough time, dragging my wife with me will help us both to rekindle after a long day.
  • Get A Health Checkup. 73% of men said they would be interested much more in a health checkup if it was free and easy to sign up. 56% also said they would be more likely to visit for a checkup if it could land on a weekend. Again, for many men it comes back to priorities as we get older.

Being Men’s Health Month and with Father’s Day coming up, Sam’s Club is offering a FREE and open health screening to the entire public. This include non-members and all genders!

Test that will be offered for free include:

• ­   Glucose
  • ­   Total cholesterol
  • ­   HDL (good cholesterol)
  • ­   Blood pressure
  • ­   Body fat percentage

The tests are very important for a simple reason. They can give anyone a little ionsight into their bodies. Find out if your eating too much fats, sugars, or if there may be something going on that may require seeking out more intensive healthcare.

Visit a participating Sam’s Club this Saturday, June 11th from 11am-4pm. Screenings will be available at all locations with a pharmacy. Sam’s Club locator.

Let’s help the Men of our country get into a Sam’s Club for a free Health Screening in recognition of Mens’s Health Month.

Ladies, let the men you know or drag the men you love in for a free screening.

sams club

1. Sarah Bailey on June 13, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Men definitely hate going to the doctor. This is such a great thing that they are doing! Men’s health is super important whether they realize it or not.

2. Christie on June 13, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I think it’s great that men’s health month is the same month as Father’s Day! Perfect reminders for dads to take care of themselves too

3. Liz Mays on June 13, 2016 at 4:51 am

Men are notorious for not keeping up with doctor visits. This is a perfect way to do a little check-up.

4. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com on June 12, 2016 at 4:47 pm

It’s cool Sam’s Club does this. So those who aren’t as comfortable going to the doctor’s office can still stay healthy.

5. Ann Bacciaglia on June 12, 2016 at 9:40 am

This is amazing for Sam’s Club to do. Free health screenings could help save someones life.

6. Beeb Ashcroft on June 11, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Wow, what a nice thing for Sam’s Club to do. You hear often of free screenings for women, children and seniors, but not very often for men. This is great news.

7. Theresa on June 11, 2016 at 6:23 pm

That’s so wonderful that Sam’s Club did this! My husband is pretty good about seeing his doctor regularly, which is good for him. Otherwise, I would have his butt parked in Sam’s Club for the screening today.

8. Mary on June 11, 2016 at 11:54 am

I love that they offer this – and free at that. It’s so important to keep up with your health. As a parent, moms and dads forget

9. Nicole Escat on June 11, 2016 at 6:22 am

I wish we had this in the Philippines, there are many dads here especially in congested areas that are affected by tuberculosis.

10. Crystal on June 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm

What a great benefit to the community, doing the health screenings. I don’t often get to the doctor for the maintenance exams. But I get to Sam’s Club all the time!

11. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement on June 10, 2016 at 4:41 pm

That is absolutely awesome that Sam’s Club is providing free health screenings like that! Health is our most important asset and we are our own advocates. I hope a lot of people take up this offer!

12. Marcie W. on June 10, 2016 at 3:25 pm

My husband is turning forty this year and I have encouraged him to become more serious about his health. I think a health screening is an excellent idea.

13. Brandy on June 10, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Offering free screenings are so important for sure, men tend to not go get checked and worry about financials I have noticed in my world. Thanks for sharing this info!

14. Lindsey Paris on June 10, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Free screenings are so awesome… more people should take advantage of them. I make my husband go get regular physicals.

15. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on June 10, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Drag is right! But my husband will know exactly how much I care. I WILL be dragging him in for this.

16. Lisa Thompson on June 10, 2016 at 12:32 pm

This is such a great offer! So many people let lack of money keep them from making their health a priority!

17. Pam on June 10, 2016 at 11:56 am

I love the idea of free health screenings. Hopefully this will help a lot of people out!