Dinner Made Easy – Spiced Queso & Pickled Red Onion Vegetarian Tacos

We are happy to partner with Blue Apron and Top Bloggers on this post.
spiced queso tacos

We are a busy family and we are often on the go a lot. Even during the summer we have schedules full of things for us to do so at the end of the day we take dinner seriously. Sometimes I just need that hassle free simple dinner that I know my entire family will enjoy.

We recently tried out Blue Apron and I liked that I was able to deselect a meal that I knew my family wouldn’t like. They also had meals that served 4 so I knew we all would be able to eat, I like that they had meal selections for families. Being vegetarian I also liked that I was able to pick a meatless option.

We tried the Spiced Queso & Pickled Red Onion Vegetarian Tacos first.tacos recipe With Blue Apron I liked how it included everything we needed to make two meals which were included in my first Blue Apron delivery. Including everything I needed for the tacos which everyone wanted to try first.  We started dinner by making sure we had all of our ingredients and then started blanching the green beans and then adding the Mexican Crema over the top. We let those sit out to the side while we prepared everything else. Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 6.35.23 PMThen we sliced and cooked the onions to pickle them, I have never done this but after doing it we will do this again. Adding the sugar and lime to the onion to pickle it really did work. Again as we got ready for the cheese just let these sit to the side to pickle. onions for tacosThen you just cut the Queso Para Freír and dip it in the spices. blue apron fried cheeseThen you will start to cook and I really loved both of these elements because our kitchen just smelt so delicious while they were cooking. Add the oil to the Pipits and brown them also adding more flavor and texture to the tacos. cooking tacosIn the end we just added all of the elements together and topped it with fresh client and avocado. Be sure to brown the tortillas to warm them up a big in the pan. The green beans and pickled onion really make this vegetarian taco unlike anything we’ve had and everyone liked it. tacos vegeterianYou can sign up with Blue Apron today and start making deliciously easy meals for your family. Our family felt like they were eating a gourmet meal from a restaurant but I made it right at home!

What are your favorite meatless meals?

1. Sarh S on June 30, 2016 at 6:53 pm

These don’t look half bad. I know a few family members who would probably really like these.

2. Dawn gibson-thigpen on June 30, 2016 at 3:35 am

Everything looks so good and i love your photos.

3. Susan Pazera on June 28, 2016 at 7:39 pm

These look so good! Going to have to try them ….they look like they are perfect for a quick meal during a busy week!

4. Janet on June 28, 2016 at 7:13 pm

The vegetarian tacos look so yummy!!! Great blue apron pack, I love this meatless idea!!! Nom nom nom, delicious 🙂

5. Christy Garrett on June 27, 2016 at 12:30 pm

These tacos look so good. I have seen a few dishes from Blue Apron and they look so good.

6. Bites for Foodies on June 27, 2016 at 10:27 am

Wow, these look delicious! I love pickled anything, especially onions!

7. mark and kate on June 27, 2016 at 9:03 am

This dish seems so easy to prepare. I love tacos, so I’ll give this one a try! Thanks!

8. Kendall on June 27, 2016 at 6:12 am

These home cooking boxes, like Blue Apron, are such a brilliant Idea! I really need to give one a try… especially on the weeks where we’re SUPER busy!

9. Bonnie @wemake7 on June 26, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Those sound and look really good. We all love tacos here. Can’t wait to try these.

10. NYC Single Mom on June 26, 2016 at 1:16 pm

interesting recipe with pickled onions but sounds like a yummy addition to the recipe that makes it unique and different. Want to try Blue Apron, will have to give it a go.

11. Jaclyn Anne on June 26, 2016 at 12:56 pm

We are crazy for Queso and all things spicy – I am adding this recipe to my must-try list! Thank you!

12. Vera Sweeney on June 26, 2016 at 11:29 am

I love trying out vegetarian meals for the kids! These sound like a great taco to try for taco Tuesday!

13. Jenn @ EngineerMommy on June 26, 2016 at 6:17 am

I’ve never tried Blue Apron, but it sounds like such a convenient service. I’d love to try this service to help put a convenient, quick dinner on the table!

14. Heather on June 25, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I don’t know that this would be up our alley (we’re definitely meat eaters and not onion people), but Blue Apron customizes, right? We’ve been VERY interested in trying them!

15. Debra P on June 25, 2016 at 7:01 pm

That is really an interesting recipe and I love how they explain it all. Those pickled onions look like a great touch. I have heard wonderful things about Blue Apron!

16. Deynece on June 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm

OMG I love blue apron and street tacos are my absolute favorite! I actually made this last week and I am obsessed!!! Tonight I made he miso wings and they were delicious

17. Tammy on June 25, 2016 at 10:26 am

I was just telling hubby I was in the mood for Mexican. I love any kind of salad. I could live without meat.

18. Heather S-G on June 25, 2016 at 8:44 am

That looks like a meal my family would love. I’ve been curious about Blue Apron, so I’m happy to see your review and the food looking so tasty!

19. Rebecca Swenor on June 24, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Blue Apron meals I have never tried before but would love to try them. My favorite meatless meals are grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. Thanks for sharing.

20. Jeanine on June 24, 2016 at 5:40 pm

This looks delicious! My family would probably more than love it and really enjoy the change of something like this!

21. Sarah on June 24, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Thanks for sharing this, looks like a yummy dinner!

22. Brandy on June 24, 2016 at 3:51 pm

This looks like a great dinner idea and super easy too! I am all about easy meals to make for the fam!

23. Liz Mays on June 24, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Now those sound delicious. I’ve been very happy with the Blue Apron meals we’ve tried!

24. lisa Jones on June 24, 2016 at 1:41 pm

I Really Need To Serve These To My Kids They Look Delicious I Bet They Will Love Them Thank You!

25. Jenn @ EngineerMommy on June 24, 2016 at 11:59 am

I’d love to try Blue Apron. Making easy, quick, nutritious dinners can be challenging. This sounds like a great service for busy parents.

• Sarah Bailey on June 25, 2016 at 8:14 am

I have to admit it is only this week I am starting to hear about Blue Apron, but oh my I do need to try! x

26. Heather @ Kraus House Mom on June 24, 2016 at 10:22 am

If I go meatless I usually make pasta primavera, lots of vegetables mixed in with some pasta. Of course I add cheese.

27. Pam on June 24, 2016 at 8:40 am

What an awesome Blue Apron box. My favorite part of going to the taqueria is the pickled red onions on the tacos.

28. Jenn on June 24, 2016 at 7:08 am

Our teenage daughter has been following a vegan diet. It can so hard sometimes. She is always meal planning ahead.

29. Chrishelle Ebner on June 24, 2016 at 5:02 am

I have heard so many good things about Blue Apron. These tacos look amazing. I could add some steak to them for my carnivore husband and also please my veggie loving daughters.

30. Alli on June 24, 2016 at 4:48 am

These vegetarian tacos look delicious and oh, so easy to make. I have a friend who is constantly raving about Blue Apron. I need to check it out.

31. Leelo on June 24, 2016 at 12:14 am

These tacos look absolutely delicious! I have never tried vegetarian tacos, but I think I might give these a try!

32. Amanda Tempel on June 23, 2016 at 10:09 pm

These look so delicious! And I just love that you pickled the onions. Pickled onions are my favorite!

Also, I love your Blue Apron pack. I’ve been wanting to try them for a while.