Simple Tips For Staying Mess Free In The Bathroom

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Scott Tube-Free. All opinions are 100% mine.

Did you know that by simply removing the inner tube from the typical toilet paper roll can help reduce the roughly 17 billion paper tubes discarded annually in the U.S. These little tubes do have a bigger impact than people may think. To produce these tubes resources like trees are consumed along with space in landfills and recycling centers to deal with them. While this may seem like something of little importance think about the long term impact of the billions of paper tubes used around the world.

Going by these simple figures above, our family could reduce our discarding of more than 150+ tubes a year. This would make a huge difference in the long run if more families all decided to go tube free. So many little changes like turning off lights, shutting water off completely when not in use, and my husbands favorite involves doing rounds around the house every so often to make sure anything not in use is not wasting utilities.

1b

Our family has a list of efforts we make to reduce our impact and to also teach our kids about being more environmentally conscious  It is not just about nature that is impacted, but the actual land around us. While we may want to focus only on saving animals or trees, its important to prevent littler and waste that ends up on our streets, waterways, lands, and other places.

4b

I like that when the roll is out there’s no mess to clean up. As far as cleaning up after our kids this is one step I won’t miss. Plus I can feel good knowing that we’re making one more step to make the world a better place. That’s also important to  family so we like that we’re doing even more to live more sustainably.

And with 4 ladies in our home, we go through a lot of toilet paper. And with all this toilet paper use, we find ourselves picking up a lot of empty cardboard tubes that fill up our recycling container in our home. By using Scott’s tube free, we don’t have this problem anymore. Dad doesn’t have to constantly remind the kids to pick up their empty tubes.

3bScott Tube Free also teamed up with a YouTube prankster, to demonstrate how the toilet paper tubes we use have a big impact on our world. Check out this video –

Make a difference starting now. Do the little things you know will change your behaviors and actions, even if you think they may have no impact on the world. Its about becoming smarter about  the world around us and realizing that just because we may discard things out of sight, that doesn’t mean they do not exist. Lets cut back on waste!

You can learn more about Scott Tube-Free on their website. Also be sure to get your Scott Tube-Free coupon.

What’s one way simple way that you keep your bathroom mess free?

Visit Sponsors Site

1. Jennifer Medeiros on June 8, 2016 at 6:48 am

I can use any help I can get keeping the bathrooms clean. These two boys can make quite a mess every time they venture in. Thanks for the tips.

2. Audrey Kidwell on June 7, 2016 at 5:46 am

I love tube free TP! I always try to purchase this, but it inst easy to find as I would hope.

3. Aly Mashrah on June 6, 2016 at 11:56 am

You know, I never realized how pointless those tubes were to begin with until your post! I don’t get why we need them if we’re going to place them on a roll like that. Such an awesome idea to get rid of them and save our resources! I wish more brands would do this too!

4. Kristy @ Mommy Hates Cooking on May 31, 2016 at 8:59 am

I’ve always wondered why toilet paper rolls had tubes to begin with. It is mind blowing that there are 17 billion (with a b) tubes that are discarded annually. That is a lot! Love this idea from Scott’s to have no tubes!

5. Censie Sawyer on May 30, 2016 at 3:56 pm

We just started using these too. It is so nice to not have that extra piece of trash to worry about when the TP runs out. Plus this is a great way to take care of our earth. The tubes would certainly add up quickly.

6. Jason Nail on May 30, 2016 at 8:45 am

I love finding out news ways to pamper myself. A man is judged by the quality of his toilet paper.

7. Aprill on May 29, 2016 at 8:35 pm

My bathroom is the messiest room in the house. I have five kids and three bathrooms and they somehow still end up in my bathroom. My biggest gripe is the toilet paper rolls. They will finish a roll and throw it right on the floor and walk away. Scott tube free would kill this problem. Thanks!

8. Bites for Foodies on May 29, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I am constantly cleaning us messes in the bathroom!!! I can’t stand when the sink gets full of toothpaste! I’m very type-A so I probably clean it way more often than I need to, lol!

9. Dee on May 27, 2016 at 2:13 pm

I always try to keep and save the inner tube to the toilet paper to do crafts with. It a great tool to wind my yarn on and I my god son loves to use it to build things. They are also good to break down and make your own paper. I agree we need to be more conservative if we are going to protect the environment.

10. Audrey on May 27, 2016 at 10:16 am

Love these tips!!With four boys I am always in the bathroom cleaning up their messes! What an amazing you tube to show how much waste the tubes from toilet paper can cause in our usage!!