Save Money By Shopping Around For Utility Providers & Better Rates

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of IGS Energy for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.

Saving money and having the freedom to save money are two important pieces to a running a busy family. From shopping for groceries, to big purchases like a car, we always shop around and if need be go a different route then intended to save money. For instance, we bought a new car last year a state away because we got what we wanted and saved!

While there are so many ways to save on energy, one big one we practice is always turning off lights and even walking around to turn them off every so often. We also have replaced out our lights with low energy use LED lighting, it all adds up and can pay for itself after some time.igs1

Being in Southern California we try to conserve because if we don’t we pay in utility costs. I like to do walkarounds our house every so often to make sure lights and faucets are turned off and not wasting water and electricity. We have major drought measures in place and water our grounds when needed and as needed. Lucky we use gas so heating is always quick and efficient, ultimately saving water.

Shopping around to save money shouldn’t be any different when it comes to our home. From home remodeling projects, to products for the yard, even utilities have different ways of consuming. Different rates along with different companies are reasons for shopping around on utilities every so often leading to savings in money. While you may think your choices for utility providers is limited you may have choices, so check around for natural gas and electric supply products and better rates. By having energy choice and deregulation and freedom of shopping for providers, we can benefit from competitive pricing.igs2

Every so often we like to check out energy provider rates and deals, our options on metering for utilities where offered, and even for our gas, there are options and providers available with different rates. IGS Energy is one of America’s largest independent suppliers of natural gas and electricity allowing families like ours to choose an energy supplier to best suit our needs. IGS Companies community support offers more on what IGS is doing to help communities.

igs3While we love saving money on services we need, we also realize how important it is to reduce our use. We are not only helping lower our bills while reducing use, but we are setting examples for our children who will be growing up in a world with even more going on. It is important that they understand by having the freedom to shop around, they can control their consumption while also recognizing the benefits to efficient 21st century living.

Visit Sponsors Site

1. Christie on May 8, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I had no idea that you could shop around for a better price. I need to talk to my husband about these options

2. Cinny on May 5, 2016 at 1:18 pm

I try to save energy where we can too. Most of it is chasing my husband around and making sure he’s turning off the lights! LOL!

3. Camesha on May 4, 2016 at 9:33 pm

I’m all about saving money wherever we can. We have tried different things available in our area along with reducing our use.

4. Brandy on May 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm

I think it is cool that there are many suppliers available in my area, but the key is trying to actually find them since we have one main electric company only 🙁

5. Ryan Escat on May 4, 2016 at 4:10 pm

This is awesome! Saving money is important. I’ll tell this news to my wife.

6. Rosey on May 4, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I’m all for saving money. THe more ways to do so the better.

7. Toni on May 4, 2016 at 2:07 pm

I don’t think there is more than one option where I live. This post is making me want to double check that however!

8. Ann Bacciaglia on May 4, 2016 at 10:49 am

I wish we had a better selection where i live. We have one power company that offers services.

9. Seattle Travel Blogger on May 4, 2016 at 8:44 am

I agree with you that having money and having the freedom to save money are two very important abilities.
    Besides keeping an all-around healthy body, these concepts encompass plenty in life!

10. mary on May 4, 2016 at 7:05 am

Our power bill has skyrocketed. I am going to see if there are other options locally. Thanks for the tips

11. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on May 4, 2016 at 5:05 am

Our utilities bill fluctuates a good bit. I should definitely shop around and see if there are any other options available for us!

12. Valerie Gray on May 3, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Where I live, we only have the one utility provider. I do think I am going to call them and check and see if I can get a lower rate.

13. Liz Mays on May 3, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I’d definitely be happy to save some money on energy. I need to make an effort to reduce how much energy I’m using.

14. Marcie W. on May 3, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I wish we had a way to shop around and obtain the lowest price. Here in Las Vegas, we have had only one option for power, water and gas for as long as I can remember.

15. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on May 3, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I really love this move to having more utility providers. Pricing was getting SO out of control.

16. Pam on May 3, 2016 at 12:38 pm

It’s so important to find the best price, no matter what you are shopping for. With something essential like utilities it is even more important.

17. MJ L on May 3, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Great information. I am looking for ways to lower my energy usage and costs.

18. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on May 3, 2016 at 11:59 am

Our town produces its own electric and gas, so unless we want to go solar, we don’t get a choice.