3 Simple Tips for A Healthy Smile

This blog post is part of a paid Megan Media and Colgate blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. #MyColgateSelfie

my selfie

There was once a time not to long ago when I didn’t always like my smile. I didn’t always have a straight smile, with pearly white teeth, instead the opposite that made me smile less. But after lots of work, money, and time, I can now say I love my smile so much that I want to share it with others and more importantly keep it healthy and and my teeth bright. Many people do not realize how much our oral health affects our overall health.

It is super important to keep our oral hygiene up not just to keep your smile healthy, but to be the healthiest you can be. Think of all that bacteria that is allowed to fester. With our mouths being subjected to the most bacteria with food and drink, that bacteria can build up create problems with gum disease and tooth decay and cavities.

With it being National Women’s Health Week (May 8th-14th), it’s now more important than ever to remind all the women in your life to rethink their health and recommit themselves to living a healthy lifestyle.

Simple Tips For White Teeth

I’m not very great at taking selfies but I took on some of the tips from Colgate Total® and I think my selfie above turned out great! Here are some simple tips for the perfect healthy selfie. Light is your friend, but avoid direct lighting especially sunlight. Play with your camera angles and positions and find what you like and what works best to appear slimmer. And of course always hold confidence!

Colgate Products Selfie Smile Kit

Some Simple Tips To Follow For A Healthy Smile

1. Watch What I Eat – Avoid the amount of acidic foods and food that can stick to teeth like sugary products.
  2. Calcium – Be sure that your diet includes plenty of calcium for healthy teeth and gums. Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables is super important for nutrients and vitamins.
  3. Always Brush – Always brush twice a day for two minutes and floss. Brushing in the morning very good is important to clean out the bacteria that builds up in a hot mouth after a nights rest. Also brushing prior to bed will break down all the sugars and acids from the day, making both important
  4. Using products like Colgate Total® Daily Repair to keep your oral and physical health in good shape.
  5. Brush your gums like you brush your teeth. The gums hold sugars and acids, clean it out.

Colgate Products

My mouth feels healthy everyday following the tips below and I have the smile to show! With the Colgate Total® Daily Repair regimen I keep my mouth fresh, my teeth white, and my energy ready to go.  I have been using Colgate products for some time now but was happy to see the new Colgate Total® Daily Repair Mouthwash. Mouthwash is super important and great to use during the day when I want to have coffee or other sweets. Not only does it work to kill bad breath germs but also repairs the  daily damage done to teeth.

Staying healthy and active is important for oral health too. If you find yourself not getting in enough exercise or activity, take the time everyday to take a nice power walk for 5-10 minutes or create a regimen of stretches to follow. As we get older we have to take care of our teeth and our bodies.

With Colgate Total® Daily Repair Toothpaste, not only do I get the the deep clean I need, but it works to repair early teeth & gum damage, freshen breath and whiten my teeth. Together, my Colgate regimen make my smile shine healthy and bright everyday.

Colgate toothpaste on toothbrush

Right now you can join in with me and Colgate Total® and pledge to put your health first by sharing a “healthy selfie,” using #MyColgateSelfie.  Your healthy selfie can be anything from enjoying a nutritious snack, getting in a workout, enjoying the great outdoors or using the Colgate Total® Daily Repair regimen to help improve your overall health. We are collecting them to share an inspiration to stay committed to a healthy oral care regimen and to help inspire everyone I know to be happy with their smile.

What are your simple tips to keep your smile healthy?

1. Claudia Krusch on May 9, 2016 at 8:23 am

I’ve never heard of brushing your gums before. You would think they are too sensitive….. Thanks for sharing that.

2. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on May 7, 2016 at 2:41 am

A healthy smile is a pretty smile, it’s super important to develop a good oral health routine! 🙂

3. Michelle Delgado on May 6, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I have used Colgate toothpaste for YEARS.It is the only brand that me and my family use. Thank you for the coupon.

4. Erin on May 6, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I love Colgate products, that’s pretty much all I use! I’m definitely going to check out the repair toothpaste!

5. Lynndee on May 6, 2016 at 4:46 am

We’ve been using Colgate since I was a kid, and I don’t think we’ll ever switch. Thanks for the coupon!

6. Michele D on May 6, 2016 at 4:06 am

Colgate is my favorite toothpaste. I always see great results when using this brand. I gotta try this repair toothpaste. Looks great!

7. The Cubicle Chick on May 5, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for sharing and the coupon is great. I’m a stickler for brushing and flossing. 🙂

8. Jaclyn Anne on May 5, 2016 at 5:50 pm

You have such a beautiful smile! I love Colgate products, they always worked well for me. Thanks for the dental tips!

9. Christy Garrett on May 5, 2016 at 11:49 am

These are important tips. I wish that I had taken better care of my teeth. My medications have wrecked them. Plus, I clench my jaw. 🙁

10. Annemarie LeBlanc on May 5, 2016 at 11:13 am

Colgate has been with our family as far back as I can remember! Proper dental and oral hygiene is a must and should be taught to kids early on in life. Nothing beats a great smile!

11. Dogvills on May 5, 2016 at 8:58 am

You have beautiful teeth and I love your smile. Colgate is a great brand and we’ve been using it for years.

12. Kathy on May 5, 2016 at 7:26 am

I love Colgate products. I think having a healthy smile is extremely important. Nobody should have to hide it. Products like this are great for helping keep teeth whiter.

13. Sarh S on May 4, 2016 at 10:38 pm

I might switch to trying Colgate, I’ve used another brand for as long as I can remember and the only reason is because my grandma and aunt have always used the brand. My aunt has pearly white teeth, but I neglected my teeth for a while, I wonder if Colgate could help me regain some sparkling white to my teeth.

14. lisa on May 4, 2016 at 6:13 pm

I am a stickler when it comes to healthy teeth and gums. This is a great list to keep your mouth healthy!

15. Vera Sweeney on May 4, 2016 at 5:09 pm

I love Colgate products!! These are great tips for a healthy smile so important to overall health!!

16. Jeanette on May 4, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I am trying really hard to do better with my teeth. I do not have the best teeth so it’s all more important to keep them clean as possible.

17. Emerald on May 4, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I’ve never heard of brushing your gums before. Thanks for sharing that. I love my teeth, and I want to do everything I can to keep them clean and healthy.

18. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on May 4, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for the coupon! I love Colgate Total products, so this coupon is very welcome, indeed.

19. Kelly Hutchinson on May 4, 2016 at 3:09 pm

I think these are really great tips. And I think you have an amazing smile! I need to really apply these tips.

20. Terri Beavers on May 4, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Thanks for the coupon, I need to head on over to check it out. I want my smile to be whiter and brighter because I think it would make a difference in my smile.