No Hassle Dinner Ideas – Savory Rice & Smoked Sausage Bowl

kaila swimWith swim, gymnastics, horseback riding, dance and computer engineering classes our girls stay plenty busy after school. From the moment our girls walk in the door after school we have things planned so our weekdays are very busy.  I often joke around and call myself the taxi mom, because in between picking up and dropping off one kiddo I’m back to pick up and drop off another. With our six year old being in dance 11 hours a week she has a lot of commitments in between dance, tumbling and gymnastics. My kids are extremely busy but they really enjoy what they do and I think as a parent I just want to support whatever it is that makes them happy. brooklin danceSo I’m all across town and back home again so at the end of the day I like to make simple healthy meals that I know everyone will like. Especially come dinner time, because when our girls get home after their activities they are ready to eat!

Making a healthy, balanced meal does not have to be difficult if you have Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage. I can easily shop right at my local Kroger store and get everything I need for quick and healthy meals.Head to your local Kroger or Kroger banner store and pick up at least two (2) Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage ($3.40 each outside of promo, 2 for $5 during promo).  You can get them now on promo.
Hillshire Farms sausage (6)
One of meals our girls enjoy most is sausage and roasted peppers on rice, the sausage creates the perfect savory flavor to the rice and peppers. It’s a meal that cooks in less than 30 minutes and one that I know everyone will like.Hillshire Farms sausage (1)

Savory Rice & Smoked Sausage Bowl

• 1 package sliced Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
  • 1/2 onion roughly chopped
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 3/4 cup snap peas
  • 1 and 1/2 cups cooked brown rice

Hillshire Farms sausage (3)Brown rice is such a simple base to any meals and you can do so many things with flavors. You can use your favorite rice for this recipe and you can easily add more or less rice depending on how many you are serving. I’m a big fan of simple meals and this is is super simple. Our kids really like their Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage a little crispy so I start out browning the sausage in a pan for 5 minutes until they have a little crisp. Hillshire Farms sausage (4)Then add your vegetables and finish cooking another 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Hillshire Farms sausage (5)This is almost a one skillet meal it’s that easy. Just serve on top of rice and you could even add some arugula and fresh spinach for extra vegetable and make it a loaded salad  bowl. It’s easy and fresh and one of those easy weeknight meals I know I can rely on. Hillshire Farms sausage (7)

Hillshire Farms sausage (9)

Check out these other delicious Hillshire Farm Recipes and be sure to check out Kroger on Facebook to stay on top of the latest deals.

What are your favorite weeknight meals?

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®  and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

1. Dandi D on May 26, 2016 at 3:58 am

This kind of sausage is so yummy, so I will have to try this recipe!

2. Will on May 23, 2016 at 4:11 pm

I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all
    web owners and bloggers made good content as you
    did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

3. shelly peterson on May 22, 2016 at 11:19 am

This dish looks really good. I love the Hillshire Farms smoked sausage but don’t always know what to make with it.

4. Julie Wood on April 21, 2016 at 8:21 am

I love Trader Joe’s brown rice and this meal looks so easy and yummy to make. I will be making it and having for dinner. I like easy Crockpot meals.

5. Jennifer on April 7, 2016 at 6:07 pm

That looks so tasty and being a quick meal makes it even more appealing. We aim for quick and healthy meals, things like stir-fry or crock pot meals (since those are ready when we are). Fish and other seafood are good options too, as they cook so quickly.

6. Jamie on April 7, 2016 at 3:16 pm

We love using these sausages in all kinds of dishes. They are so versatile and quick to prepare. They go with just about anything! One of our favorites is a simple veggie stir fry and this is our protein.

7. Elizabeth Sutherland on April 7, 2016 at 11:48 am

This looks so delish! Kielbasa is my fav. I love cooking it in mac & cheese! BTW, I love your blog name 🙂

8. Crystal Lopez on April 7, 2016 at 10:22 am

This sounds and looks amazing! I am all about easy dinners for busy weeknights of running kids around!

9. Brandi Penguins in Pink on April 7, 2016 at 9:25 am

This sounds like a great meal. My family would like it if I left out the snap peas and substituted broccoli florets. My husband especially would be all over this. You had him at sausage. My youngest loves anything with bell peppers too. I really love how colorful the bowl ends up being.

10. Tori Gabriel on April 7, 2016 at 9:07 am

I love blogs because I am always coming across terrific recipes like this one! It seems so simple but it sounds delicious. I’ll have to see if I can find some smoked sausage when I next visit the butchers.

11. Echo on April 7, 2016 at 8:52 am

Oh man! We love smoked sausage and kielbasa! It is one of our staples. Our go to ingredients! I buy one every time I am at the store. Such a versatile ingredient!

12. Alison on April 7, 2016 at 7:52 am

I love keeping smoked sausage on hand – it’s awesome for kicking an otherwise bland meal up a notch! Looks like you’re just as busy as I am on any given day – thank goodness for these little conveniences in life!

13. roch on April 7, 2016 at 3:47 am

Wow! This recipe looks so simple and I’m encouraged to try it. These days, many of my work mates are having a hard time choosing food to order. We are faced with so many fastfood stuff and they’re not the healthy kind.

14. Monica y on April 6, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Super yummy. I have some sausages seating on the refrigerator and this is the perfect thigh to make with them. It is something everyone in the family would like and so easy to.prepare.

15. Jaclyn Anne on April 6, 2016 at 2:39 pm

My family loves our sausage, and this is a great recipe to switch it up a bit as we never eat sausage with rice. Plus,Hillshire Farms is our favorite sausage brand! I can’t wait to make it. Thanks for the recipe!

16. Heather lawrence on April 6, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Pinning this! I have never had sausage and peppers but this looks quick, colourful and delicious!
    With four little ones we need easy dinners some days and this would be perfect.

17. Erica Bodker on April 6, 2016 at 12:39 pm

This is the perfect meal for my family and something they would love. I’m also really busy so I know how much I need something fast to make.

18. Katie on April 5, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Sausage and rice works for me! We love jambalaya around here, too. Honestly, I don’t cook enough with rice. We rely on pasta!

19. Tammilee Tips on April 5, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Even though its just me and my husband I quick meals are a must have! I love how easy Hillshire sausage is one of my husbands favorites to make dinner with. This looks like such a quick and easy meal to put together I am going to have to try this out.

20. Laurajj on April 4, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Oh that looks so good and easy to make! We loved the smoked sausage, but have never tried it in a dish like this! My family loves rice dishes…we have to give this a try!

21. Dandi D on April 4, 2016 at 1:36 pm

This looks so yummy and easy–I will have to try it soon!