We enjoy weekends together as a family. We are an active family so it’s safe to say our weekends usually involve Saturday’s where we are being active and having fun. Luckily here in southern California there are plenty of beaches and endless things for families to do.
Our weekdays are just as busy with school projects, dance, swim and other after school activities. It’s important that during the weekend we take some time to regroup and relax. On Sundays we get prepared for the busy week ahead. I am a Vicks ambassador and was compensated for this post. Opinions are my own.
5 Tips To Help You Prepare For The Week Ahead
- Get Active – One way our family is happy is if we are active and having fun. A day at the beach is relaxing for our family, so we try to make it a habit and spend one day together having fun as a family.
- Give Back – One of the best ways to feel relaxed as you head into a busy week is to give back. Help plant a garden, volunteer your time for a local charity, buy a meal for a homeless person, do something to make someone’s day better. Giving back can be simple and it’s a great thing to start teaching your children and you’ll feel rewarded knowing you made a difference in your community.
- Relax – Before going to bed try doing something that relaxes you, read a book, enjoy a hot bath with your favorite bath bomb and a cup of tea. Relax and unwind as you are nearing the end of your day.
- Sleep – Those who play hard, lay hard. There’s nothing better than a good nights sleep. On those occasional nights when I cannot sleep, I take ZzzQuil to help me get the sleep I need to bring my A-game to feel like myself and #SeizeTheWeek.
- Prepare – Keeping a schedule is so important for our family. Preparing for the week ahead by knowing what is going on is essential for our family. It also helps me sleep a little better knowing my to-do list is up to date.
When I think of how hectic our life has become I know there are several things I must do. For me, sleep is essential – it makes me feel more productive and excited for the day. So you can imagine that moment, when I find myself wide awake at night, being the worst. It’s even harder when I know I have another busy week ahead. On those occasional nights, I take ZzzQuil when I know I have enough time to get my normal amount of sleep. It helps me fall asleep easily, sleep soundly and wake refreshed.
There are sometimes when I just can’t sleep – whether it’s stress from an upcoming project or just preparing for a busy week. During those occasional times when I just can’t sleep, I take ZzzQuil to help me get the sleep I need to wake up refreshed and ready to seize the week!
All too often as parents we spend so much time doing for our kids that we do take little time for ourselves. It’s most important to remember that to be a good parent, spouse, friend or employee it’s important that you take care of yourself. Taking time to give back, or spend time doing something you enjoy and yes, even getting enough sleep is so important.
For more information:
Visit the Website Click here for a coupon. Follow @ZzzQuil on Instagram and Twitter
What are some things you do to prepare for the busy week ahead?