Seize the Week – 5 Tips To Help You Prepare For The Week Ahead

Catalina Island Kayaks Descanso Beach (7)

We enjoy weekends together as a family. We are an active family so it’s safe to say our weekends usually involve Saturday’s where we are being active and having fun. Luckily here in southern California there are plenty of beaches and endless things for families to do.

Our weekdays are just as busy with school projects, dance, swim and other after school activities. It’s important that during the weekend we take some time to regroup and relax. On Sundays we get prepared for the busy week ahead. I am a Vicks ambassador and was compensated for this post. Opinions are my own.

prepare for the week5 Tips To Help You Prepare For The Week Ahead

• Get Active – One way our family is happy is if we are active and having fun. A day at the beach is relaxing for our family, so we try to make it a habit and spend one day together having fun as a family.
  • Give Back – One of the best ways to feel relaxed as you head into a busy week is to give back. Help plant a garden, volunteer your time for a local charity, buy a meal for a homeless person, do something to make someone’s day better. Giving back can be simple and it’s a great thing to start teaching your children and you’ll feel rewarded knowing you made a difference in your community.
  • Relax – Before going to bed try doing something that relaxes you, read a book, enjoy a hot bath with your favorite bath bomb and a cup of tea. Relax and unwind as you are nearing the end of your day.
  • Sleep – Those who play hard, lay hard. There’s nothing better than a good nights sleep. On those occasional nights when I cannot sleep, I take ZzzQuil to help me get the sleep I need to bring my A-game to feel like myself and #SeizeTheWeek.
  • Prepare – Keeping a schedule is so important for our family. Preparing for the week ahead by knowing what is going on is essential for our family. It also helps me sleep a little better knowing my to-do list is up to date.

my desk

When I think of how hectic our life has become I know there are several things I must do. For me, sleep is essential – it makes me feel more productive and excited for the day. So you can imagine that moment, when I find myself wide awake at night, being the worst. It’s even harder when I know I have another busy week ahead. On those occasional nights, I take ZzzQuil when I know I have enough time to get my normal amount of sleep. It helps me fall asleep easily, sleep soundly and wake refreshed.

Use as directed for occasional sleeplessness. Keep out of reach of children.

Use as directed for occasional sleeplessness. Keep out of reach of children.

There are sometimes when I just can’t sleep – whether it’s stress from an upcoming project or just preparing for a busy week. During those occasional times when I just can’t sleep, I take ZzzQuil to help me get the sleep I need to wake up refreshed and ready to seize the week!

All too often as parents we spend so much time doing for our kids that we do take little time for ourselves. It’s most important to remember that to be a good parent, spouse, friend or employee it’s important that you take care of yourself. Taking time to give back, or spend time doing something you enjoy and yes, even getting enough sleep is so important.

For more information:

Visit the Website Click here for a coupon. Follow @ZzzQuil on Instagram and Twitter

What are some things you do to prepare for the busy week ahead?

1. Jennifer S on March 31, 2016 at 8:39 am

I’m working full time during the week for the first time in 5 years… its taken some getting used to, but I now remember why people love the weekend 🙂 I love it now too! And I love taking the time to get prepared for the next week… I try to cook meals in advance, plan out my days and activities in detail and then I relax and rest up!

2. Tiffany Hathorn on March 30, 2016 at 12:58 pm

These are all great tips! I think that the one I need to focus on more is giving back. I don’t do that nearly as much as I could.

3. Jamie on March 29, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Getting active and sleep, while on opposite ends of the spectrum, are the two things I need to work more at. My kids are on spring break right now, so we’ve been about as active as can be, but we’ve all been staying up too late. When they get back to school next week, I’m going to aim to stay just as active, but get my butt in bed at least an hour or two earlier.

4. Echo on March 29, 2016 at 11:31 am

These are fantastic tips. I have been working really hard to make sure that we get more active and get plenty of rest. I also want my kids to volunteer some of their time to help others.

5. roch on March 28, 2016 at 8:19 pm

When we have problems getting sleep, we take melatonin as a supplement in our diet. If I don’t get 8 hours of sleep, I tend to be like a “zombie” the next day. It’s extremely important to take care of our health and be refreshed to heal our body naturally.

6. Miles L. on March 28, 2016 at 5:36 pm

All of these are truly helpful. Our family also loves to be outdoors. We seize every opportunity to just have fun under the sun. I think relaxing and sleeping are very important. Life is better if you have enough energy.

7. JENN on March 28, 2016 at 5:20 pm

SLEEP is so key! People don’t realize the importance and the necessity of it!! If i don’t get sleep i’m anxious, stressed and off all week!

8. Jacqui on March 28, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Which beaches do you go to? I found a cute spot near the SM pier that has showers and bathrooms and it’s never busy!

I think that having the schedule also helps to relax, making sleep easier! I’ve never tried zzzquil, but I’ll pick some up for the hubby (who just using nyquil when he can’t sleep, which is my pet peeve!).

9. Tami on March 26, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Our family time has lessened each year as the kiddos get older and older. They will be leaving home in a few years and I hate to look back with regrets. I’m looking forward to more beach days in the coming weeks.

10. janna on March 26, 2016 at 11:35 am

Great tips! Thanks for sharing some ideas on how to prepare for the week. I do need to get more sleep though. I feel like Im not getting enough.

11. Deborah G. on March 25, 2016 at 7:18 pm

These are great tips, I need to be more prepared for the week ahead.

12. Carin Kilby Clark on March 25, 2016 at 7:18 pm

These are great tips for preparing for the week ahead. Each of these is important and will help make sure you have a successful week. Especially sleeping, so many people sacrifice sleep but that’s a critical thing that you need in order to have a good week.

13. Lee on March 25, 2016 at 5:54 pm

I need to concentrate on healthier sleep. I tend to go to bed at 2am and either wake up at 7:30 on school days or 11:00 am on weekends.

Lee

14. crystal on March 25, 2016 at 5:05 pm

We spend Sunday nights preparing for the week ahead. Not starting out behind does so much for making my week run smoothly.

15. Amy Z. on March 25, 2016 at 9:39 am

I do often use the weekends to catch up on a lot of sleep, especially after a busy week!

16. Crystal Lopez on March 25, 2016 at 7:22 am

I love these tips for preparing for the week. The one that you mentioned about relaxing is absolutely perfect and speaks volumes on a great start to the week!

17. Katherine G on March 25, 2016 at 7:18 am

These are some great tips. I may need to try zzzquil I definitely have some rough nights sometimes. Mainly because I am thinking of everything I have to do the next day.

18. Dandi D on March 25, 2016 at 4:50 am

These are some great tips–I sure wish I was more organized!

19. mary on March 24, 2016 at 6:55 pm

I have a calendar on the wall – a HUGE one that I look over the week before to plan. SLeep is a good thing too!

20. Liz Mays on March 24, 2016 at 5:25 pm

These are definitely good ideas when you have something big coming up! Adequate sleep definitely helps me stay on top of things.

21. Kendall on March 24, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Great tips, I love the photos too – and is that a LUSH bubble bar I spot in the last photo? There is nothing like a nice hot warm bath to relax you before bed! I absolutely love sleeping, so I make it a priority. I feel like if I don’t get a good nights sleep it throws the whole day off for me.

22. Marcie W. on March 24, 2016 at 4:18 pm

These are all great tips and it helps to be preapred. I typically spend the weekends unwinding both physically and mentally

23. Tonia @thechattymomma on March 24, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Right now sleeping is my main thing. I’ve been deprived for the last 7 months and I’m waiting to deliver my baby to get back on track.

24. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on March 24, 2016 at 10:55 am

I always plan out my week ahead of time. It makes things go much more smoothly.