Easy Ways to Maintain a Healthy Meal Plan During the Week #LiveHealthyChoice

runningIt’s finally spring which means I get to spend more and more time running outside. Don’t get me wrong you won’t see me skipping my favorite class at the gym anytime soon but it’s nice to get outside. A lot of moms tell me they just don’t have time for workouts and they just haven’t found the right gym but I’m motivating myself to find less excuses and easier ways to stay motivated. I’ll be running my next half marathon in just over a month and training for a big run like that can take a lot of time. It’s important to have fun and stay motivated.

Five Simple Tips to Stay Motivated to Workout

1. Rise & Shine – Wake up an hour early, it may be hard to do but at the end of the day when you’re really tired you’ll have a much easier time already having your workouts done for the day.
  2. Lazy Days – We all have those days when we miss morning workouts so you let yourself slide for the day. Instead have another plan, take your dog on a long walk, spend some time doing heavy cleaning. Also remember the easy workouts you can do, play a game with your kids, do wall sits, lunges and other simple excercises. Be sure to plan for lazy days and get active each and every day.
  3. Make It Cost You – Sign up for a gym or class that will cost you money. You’ll be less likely to skip out on that spin class if your wallet feels the damage.
  4. Make It Fun – The one thing I always say is keep it simple and make it fun. Update your playlist, buy yourself those yoga pants you’ve been wanting for class. Motivate yourself with simple rewards and put them to use.
  5. Eat Well – Eating well is something you have to constantly put effort in to. Find simple ways to make meal planning easy, Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers are a simple way to get protein that your body needs. Even better is that they are less than 310 calories and more than 18 grams of 100-percent natural protein.

Healthy Choice Cafe SteamersEating well is one of the biggest things I have learned over the last year. Eating to fuel my body and my workouts is my goal, just an overall healthy lifestyle is important to me. Having adequate protein is key when you live an active lifestyle so it’s nice to find something that is easy to make and tastes great.Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Simply Microwave MealIt’s simple to make too so it fits with my busy schedule. Just heat and go!
Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Simply MicrowaveUnlike other frozen meals, Healthy Choice Café Steamers’ feature a unique tray-in-tray steam cooking method that delivers fresh-tasting meals with crisp vegetables and chicken. It also  allows you to mix it yourself so you can add as little or as much sauce as you like. Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Simply strainerWhat I like about Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers in a variety of delicious flavors, such as Meatball Marinara, Chicken Fried Rice, Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry and Grilled Pesto & Vegetables. They really taste great and are a simple way to ensure that you’re keeping with a healthy meal plan.Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Simply prepared You can find these in stores nationwide right in your local grocers freezer isle. Visit www.facebook.com/healthychoice or www.HealthyChoice.com to learn more.

How are you keeping your healthy meal plan on track?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. shelly peterson on May 23, 2016 at 11:00 am

This looks pretty good. I have been wanting to give these a try. This is a great healthier option when you don’t have a lot of time.

2. Julie Wood on April 22, 2016 at 6:07 am

I like the New Healthy Choice meals and think they are delicious and not fattening. I like having them for lunch and they are easy to make!

3. Shannon Gurnee on April 6, 2016 at 10:12 am

I love the different flavors you can choose from with the Healthy Choice Meals! It’s a great line of products.

4. Tracey on April 4, 2016 at 4:02 pm

These are fantastic tips! I find when I am short on time is when my healthy eating derails. Those Healthy Choice meals would be very helpful with this!

5. Katie on April 1, 2016 at 5:28 am

Good ideas for health! The only one that there’s no way I will do is getting up any earlier. 🙂 I already get up too darn early. I am not a morning person at all! Those Healthy Choice meals look good.

6. Aileen Adalid on March 31, 2016 at 10:18 am

I’ve been meaning to live and eat healthier the past weeks so this post of yours really helps! it’s very important to eat a good breakfast too so thank you for this!

7. natasha lamoreux on March 31, 2016 at 10:05 am

I love love these meals. Its great when you’re watching your intake and its perfect for busy moms. Love the perfect portion size and calories. Thanks for sharing.

8. Rosey on March 31, 2016 at 3:06 am

I haven’t tried them, but I will. And I agree, getting outside to exercise is nice.

9. Dawn McAlexander on March 30, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I always prefer to work out in the morning. Afterwards, I feel refreshed and energized the rest of the day. At first I hate waking up, but once I start working out I feel great.

10. LaShawn on March 30, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I so agree that working out in the morning is the way to go! By the end of the say, I am exhausted and don’t want to do anything! I love the healthy choice meals! They are the perfect way to stay healthy when I’m always on the go and don’t have time to fix a proper meal!

11. Jamie on March 30, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I absolutely agree with making it cost you. Having something to lose, more than a pant size, has always been motivation for me. Even on days when I absolutely didn’t want to work out, knowing that I was “wasting” money was enough to get my butt to the gym!

12. Toni on March 30, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Great tips to stay active even if not at the gym. Eating lean and healthy is key too. These meals are easy for busy moms too.

13. crystal on March 30, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I start out with the best intentions, but life doesn’t always go as planned. It’s good to have meals that are easy to prepare & easier to eat, just in case.

14. Cherri Megasko on March 30, 2016 at 9:49 am

I love the Healthy Choice brand and have purchased many of their products, but I’ve never tried their Cafe Steamers. These look so good! I’m adding them to my grocery list and will give them a try.

15. Liz Mays on March 30, 2016 at 8:19 am

I’ve tried those a couple times and really liked them. I forgot about them until your reminder today!

16. Nicole Escat on March 30, 2016 at 1:08 am

This is such a great tips and to do list. It would motivate more every mom to work out.

17. Ken Pickard on March 30, 2016 at 1:03 am

Love the idea of having a balanced life…healthy wealthy and wise right? Even those of us that work from home can get out and mix up the work and exercise.

Ken

18. Kelly on March 29, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Great tips for staying motivated to get healthier! I love the Healthy Choice meals, too – I’ve not tried these steamers, but I used to buy the HC entrees to take to work for my lunch. Healthier AND cheaper than fast food!

19. Tammilee Tips on March 29, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Love these tips with out planning it can be so hard to stay on track! I love the idea of getting your work out in earlier, I always seem to put it off. These entrees sound great for a quick lunch and dinner.

20. Marcie W. on March 29, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I always tend to be short on time, so a meal that is both easy and healthy is an absolute must. I love how much protein these have too!

21. Kelly Hutchinson on March 29, 2016 at 5:40 pm

I am in love with the Healthy Choice meals. There are so many to chose from and they are just delicious.

22. Angie on March 29, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Oh man, I am so bad at making healthy choices during the week. I’m always running to and from work, school, taking the dog out, etc. It’s really complicated and it makes eating right or exercising so much more difficult. I need to do it though. I need to make it a priority.

23. Diana Elizabeth on March 29, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I am so lazy when it comes to preparing a meal which is dangerous because sometimes I just eat a bowl of sugary cereal (like I just did today). I think maybe I should buy these – microwaving sure is simple enough and no excuses! Time to make room in the freezer!

• Kate | HappyForks.com on March 30, 2016 at 7:48 am

I try to prepare more balanced meals during the weekend and freeze ready to heat ‘n’ eat portions. It really helps when my daily plan collapses and I have no time to prepare good quality food. And recently I really enjoy drinking smoothies, although I used to be skeptical about it before. I blend actually anything I find within reach: fruit, vegetable, nuts, seeds, oats, spices. It is really the fastest way to have super nutritive meal! And also the easiest way to eat raw veg which used to go off in my fridge before.

24. Catherine S on March 29, 2016 at 1:20 pm

These are great tips. I have been good about working out, but I need to work on a healthy meal plan.

25. Sarh S on March 29, 2016 at 1:12 pm

This looks like a wonderful way to keep healthy when busy. I wouldn’t mind trying some of their dishes.

26. Pam on March 29, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Eating well can be hard. I love that there are simple options like these Healthy Choice Steamers to make it easier.

27. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on March 29, 2016 at 12:40 pm

I’ve been making Healthy Choice a part of my healthy eating routine for a while now. It’s a quick and easy way to make sure I stay on track.

28. MELISASource on March 29, 2016 at 12:38 pm

This is a wonderful idea for anyone trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Healthy eating sounds good in theory, but it can be time consuming to eat clean. This is the perfect solution.

29. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) on March 29, 2016 at 12:26 pm

This looks like a great option to help keep me on track. I struggle with lunch the most. To be able to have this at my finger tips would certainly help me to not veer off track the wrong way! The broccoli alfredo sounds delicious! YUMMO

• kristin on March 29, 2016 at 12:37 pm

There’s also a mushroom and rice that’s totally vegetarian. 🙂