Creating Powerful Young Athletes With POWERADE® #JustAKidFrom

This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/POWERADE.6 year old ballerinaOur daughters are busy athletes and we like to encourage them to do whatever it is that they want to do. For our daughter Brooklin it’s all about dance. She takes several ballet classes, jazz, tap and a lot of technique. Dancing at a competitive level is tough, it takes a lot of determination and rigorous training. Although seeing her gain a new skill and how proud she is of herself when she perfects something is what it’s all about. It’s building confidence and character, and we are so proud of her for working each and every day to be her best. She works hard and I know that as a parent while she’s motivated to work hard it’s also my responsibility to make sure she’s prepared and ready for class. I also make sure she’s on time and well prepared, of course I am make sure she’s hydrated and ready to do her best.

The end of last year we decided to move studios. It was a very hard time for Brooklin leaving her friends, a new place, new teachers, new expectations. Now as I watch her start revue dances and see her improvement I know she’s in the right place. She loves her new teachers and had made new friends. She’s really excited about trying out for teams and working towards that.  I think as parents we often get so scared for our daughters but really pushing yourself and trying something new is a lesson I hope our girls continue learning throughout their lives. Powerade 8 pack free water bottle dealPOWERADE features the ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. POWERADE is formulated with a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles, and vitamins B3, B6 and B12.
POWERADE comes in great tasting flavors and has been helping keep athletes hydrated for decades. POWERADE ZEROTM features the same hydration benefits of classic POWERADE but with ZERO calories.Powerade 8 packThere is potential in all of us to do great things. No matter what you achieve in life, you start in the same place as everyone else: as a kid full of potential and big dreams. At the end of the day, we are all “just a kid” from somewhere.

POWERADE believes that with the right motivation everyday athletes can realize their potential and one day be the athletes that they look up to. Sports have a major impact on our communities. Whether it is t-ball or the pros, every athlete in every league has a story waiting to be told. WereAllJustAKid(1)Represent your somewhere with custom “Just a Kid” apparel that features where you’re from here. All net proceeds from the sale of “Just a Kid” apparel goes to the Boys & Girls Club of America.

Walmart/POWERADE Offer –

Free “Just a Kid” Sports Bottle: When shoppers purchase two 8-packs of 20 oz POWERADE at Walmart, they’ll be able to go online, submit their receipt, and order a free custom “Just a Kid” reusable sports bottle. The offer is good until April 4, 2016 or while supplies last.

What young athlete have you encouraged to do their best?

1. Dandi D on March 22, 2016 at 4:59 am

My son is an amazing bike rider at 4 years old, and we love watching him!

2. Raijean on March 21, 2016 at 11:28 am

I’ll have to give this a try. I love Powerade so I’ll see if the boychild likes it.

3. Diana Elizabeth on March 19, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Yum Powerade has so many reasons to love it! I love that your daughter is into ballet, having a sport or activity helped with time management and I think it definitely improved my grades too!

4. Dawn McAlexander on March 18, 2016 at 8:23 am

We are huge fans of Powerade in my house. My daughter used to gulp them down at sporting events! We both drink them when walking or exercising. They help to make us feel strong and hydrated.

5. Toni | BoulderLocavore on March 18, 2016 at 7:46 am

My kids are athletes too and sports drinks like this are definitely part of their program. Powerade is a great option.

6. Rosey on March 18, 2016 at 4:31 am

We are big Powerade fans here. My son loves the purple and blue. I like the red and orange. 🙂

7. Nicole Escat on March 18, 2016 at 12:45 am

It sounds like a great brand energy drink for kids!

8. Ann Bacciaglia on March 17, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Powerade is a great drink for the kids at soccer. I always keep some in the house in case someone gets sick.

9. Liz Mays on March 17, 2016 at 4:01 pm

This is an awesome message and it’s totally true. A lot of great athletes learned to play at small town high schools and went on to play for great teams.

10. Marcie W. on March 17, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Sports and extra curricular activities are a great way for kids to meet friends, stay busy and keep out of trouble. Being that powerful, positive force that motivates them is a wonderful feeling.

11. MELISASource on March 17, 2016 at 3:14 pm

We give out kids Powerade whenever they’re doing a lot of physical activity. It keeps them hydrated and full of energy.

12. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on March 17, 2016 at 3:08 pm

New places and making new friends is always a tough thing for anyone. I’m glad to see your daughter stuck with it and is continuing on with her love of dance!

13. Catherine S on March 17, 2016 at 12:23 pm

My son drinks Powerade a lot during the summer. He spends a lot of time outside and doesn’t like to drink water.

14. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on March 17, 2016 at 11:57 am

We go through a lot of Poweaid in our house. My kids love the orange flavored one.